• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does your game delete itself?

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
  • Same thing happened to me, I went back to play it and I had no saved game on it and I knew I had a game on there to. I still remember my Ampharos I had on it, that thing was a beast. Oh well, I think I ended up putting it in a yard sale. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • No, you have to send it to Nintendo, and let them examine it before you worry too much.

Well, technically you could potentially fix it yourself but risk damaging the cartridge.

Getting the bolt/screw off is kinda hard since it's one of those special Nintendo ones.
    Sending it in would be a much easier option.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • My Blue Version has erased itself several times, and I blame it on Missingno.

As for Silver, it got deleted once because I was pressing random buttons when it was loading(I was a little impatient then). Anyways, I ending up entering the self-destruct code. I was so annoyed, losing a dozen level 100's thanks to my own stupidity.

It happened again in Silver after the memory died, as most people know happens with older Gold/Silver games. Now, whenever I restart it, it never saves.

It has never happened in Crystal, or any of my 3rd Gen games. And I hope it stays that way. I have a lot more than a dozen good Pokemon this time around....

west

One winged angel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    lol that samething happened to my crystal.
    Just do this get a screwdrive the super small ones froma hardware storwe unscrew the back. now you see that circle battery thing either go to radio shack and show it to them
    thy'll give you one like that and a then get tape adn pu the battery and wrap the battery around the cartridge. It cost about $10 if you buy the battery from radioshack

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    yh its brobally is in game batter as the game is growing old and unfortunatly these things happen but if not it might be that it might be inside you know you get dust in it and you think oh ill blow it out you might not relise it but saliva gets in with it to and if it lands were it reads the game kaboom it will go crazy.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My game use to, but now I changed the batterie in my game, so it doesn't delete itself anymore. :)

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
  • Oh man that sucks...a lot. It's happened to me on Red and thats the only one so far.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    When I heard this, I ripped open my Gold Version's Covering and extracted my Save File from it.

I put more than 1400 hours into that game, I was not going to let it go to ruins.

*pets Zip Drive*

neonlights

Über Crystal Maniac
    Years
  • Thats happened to me on Gold and on Emerald. :\
    I just threw them in the bin.
    I should have kept them though :(

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
  • I haven't had this problem with Crystal, so lucky me. Dry battery? Nintendo could fix that.

Two questions:

1.) Would they actually do that for you? ... (probably for a price. >_<)

2.) And how hard is it to replace the battery yourself? Is it really easy to mess up the internal green board and pointy metal things inside? I want to replace the battery (Johto was my favorite region...) but I'm scared of messing it up. I suppose I could always get a cheapie replacement at gamestop, but still.

Super Wario 64

So i herd u liek me?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    My Blue, Yellow, Silver AND Crystal all delete themselves ALL the time. :(

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
  • Ugh...first, my Gold version deleted itself, and that really ticked me off. Then my Silver version did it not long afterwards. My Yellow version hasn't deleted itself yet, and neither has my Crystal version. But it makes me worried that my Crystal version will eventually delete itself; that's my fav out of the really old-school Pokemon games (I actually just started a new game the other day on it xD)

ArchAngel

I also answer to &amp;quot;Hey sexy&amp;quot;
    Years
  • a few friends of mine (started with me) have begun to replay these games, all figuring the issue was the battery, I'll be glad to let them all know tomorrow that it was actually just the battery, and only has to be replaced.

Thanks everyone ^^

Years
  • wow im soo glad i looked here!!
    my G and S wont save any more so i bought a new s and that one didnt save either
    i thought maby it was something to do with my gameboy or morelikely all the cheets i used to do

so if i was to send my games off to nintendo should i just send it off to them?
    i think maby i should contact them first ;)

edit
    ok i went to thier site nd found this page
    the most important thing i saw on there is this bit

All Other Game Boy Games
    Due to the age of these games, repairs are unavailable. We recommend purchasing a replacement from a retailer or online auction site that carries older products. For more information on locating older products.

Last edited:
    Back