• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does your game delete itself?

Hissy Fit

Paranoia + Insomnia= Me
    Years
    Yeah, my Gold deleted itself last year... My other versions haven't erased themselves yet... *gulp*
    Is it possible to change the battery without losing the data? If I didn't have my doubts, I would've changed them long ago.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
    wow im soo glad i looked here!!
    edit
    ok i went to thier site nd found this page
    the most important thing i saw on there is this bit

All Other Game Boy Games
    Due to the age of these games, repairs are unavailable. We recommend purchasing a replacement from a retailer or online auction site that carries older products. For more information on locating older products.

Yeah, I acutally called the number and talked to some lady that told me the warranty was a ninety-days thing. >_< I've had that game for like six years! So... yeah.

I actually replaced my battery this morning (my brother helped me... me + machines = bad) and it works just great! I was so excited. *Oh, and instead of using scotch tape to tape the battery to the contacts, I'd recommend electrical tape. My bro said it wouldn't hurt the circuit board as bad. I guess if you have to replace it in a couple years or something.

...woot! ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2008
    if i replace the battery will i lose the data?? and if it does is there any way to keep the data??

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
    if i replace the battery will i lose the data?? and if it does is there any way to keep the data??

You will probably inevitably lose the data. But of course, if it keeps deleting your save file, you probably wouldn't have anything worth keeping; why are you worried? If it keeps your save file after you have the GBC off for a while, then you don't need to replace it.

UBCS

Lotad lover
    Years
    My Silver Deleted itsef and i got Mew in it. G/S/C was the best games ever, and it's anoying that Nintendo won't make a G/S/C remake like Leaf Green and Fire Red.
    But it's good we got people like ZEL.

*PrincessPika-chu*

Pokemon Lover
    Years
    I replaced the internal battery to my gold today, and now it saves and keeps it. I didn't really need a soldering iron. The cartridge applies force so the battery can keep in place. I am trying to get my crystal battery off, but it is stuck on there.:)

zachs06

Kakashi's face
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2008
    Argh! that happened to me too, my silver ran COMPLETELY dry.
    As soon as I remove the cart, i loose my whole save.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
    on my pokemon silver, whenever i saved i had to play it again within the hour or my save got deleted:\

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    My bros battery when dry i think he played like 322-350 Hours + And stopped He played again And it got deleted...He blamed me intil i finnaly got him too belive i didnt do it

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
    Years
    my sister's crystal version deleted itself. she can still play it, but when she saves, it says that the save file is corrupted.

A¡ra

B E H E M O T H
    Years
    yea after a while the old games tend 2 flake out...my silver version in particular acts a lil odd, if i save it will keep the data as long as my gba/ds has power and my silver is in it, if i ever take it out or the battery dies, so does my data

pretty sure it has 2 do with the old game cartridge's memory battery

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Actually,this happened to me and i figured out what it was. listen carefully cuz i confused myself at first.

The Older Games Can't Handle Being In Any Of The Newer Consoles Such As The GBA And The DS,In Result Of Causing The Game To Delete Itself.

( Wow,Im 10 And I'm Making Myself Sound Like A Professional... )

Back