• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doki Doki Literature Club!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

This game has been popping up a lot lately and gaining a lot of attention - without ruining it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet, it's a visual novel/dating sim that's a bit more than meets the eye, to put it simply. It's tagged as a psychological horror, and the game starts off with some interesting warnings you wouldn't expect from a game that looks like this:

Have you tried this VN yet, and if you did, what did you think of it? If you haven't, this is actually free on Steam, and I definitely recommend checking it out!

This is really an experience you would want to go in completely blind with, so if you have played it, please remember to use the spoiler tags so as to not ruin it for those who haven't tried it!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's alright, and that's all really. Not good or bad, and I didn't have a lot of new thoughts to take away from it like many others apparently did, which might mean I'm a relatively developed person already, I guess. I would've liked it more if it were a 'legit' VN and effectively a mental illness version of Katawa Sh?jo (which only has physically disabled characters).

Last edited:

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    LMAO i jus finished it what tf happened

all my friends hyped it up and said it was super scary so i was kinda disappointed but it was still a dope experience

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    It's alright, and that's all really. Not good or bad, and I didn't have a lot of new thoughts to take away from it like many others apparently did, which might mean I'm a relatively developed person already, I guess. I would've liked it more if it were a 'legit' VN and effectively a mental illness version of Katawa Sh?jo (which only has physically disabled characters).

did you finish it?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    This game is honestly tripping me up O_o some decisions seem so obvious until I slow down and think about them, and then I have no idea what the best one is ;_; oh well...

Edit: This game makes me feel like a heartless monster...

Edit 2: Noooooooooope.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    LMAO i jus finished it what tf happened

all my friends hyped it up and said it was super scary so i was kinda disappointed but it was still a dope experience
    I agree - I really, really love the concept and it has some great ideas, but I think it was just because of how hyped up it was that I expected a little more from it. I understand the need for the warnings in the beginning, but I just can't help but think that if they really tricked people into thinking it's just an ordinary VN and thrown them off guard, the impact would have been so much greater. >:) Overall I thought it was a really cool game though, loved the idea.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • I understand the need for the warnings in the beginning, but I just can't help but think that if they really tricked people into thinking it's just an ordinary VN and thrown them off guard, the impact would have been so much greater. >:)

I played the game alongside my sister, but that was after a lot of convincing and stuff that it was gonna be fun (My sister usually doesn't care for these kind of games, btw.) I had to convince her to keep playing a lot more after she saw the warnings. I kept telling her 'Oh, those warnings? Probably not true and stuff, trust me!'

I didn't play the game or anything before playing it with my sister. I only knew about it's existence and that I had to play it, apparently. Let's just say that it has (sorta) changed my life forever and my sister now hates me for even playing this game and making her feel all those feelings.

Spoiler:

Back