• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Dome Fossil or Helix Fossil?

Dome or Helix?

• Dome (Kabuto/Kabutops)

Votes: 58 78.4%
  • Helix (Omanyte/Omastar)

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Dome Fossil

I would prefer dome fossil but whats the all hating omanytes? they may badly compare to kabuto but in the real world it Would be a really good choice but still kabuto is cooler

Genetics

......................... .
    Years
  • Dome cuz kabutops was one of favorite generation 1 pokemon. Plus I liked kabuto's 4 eyesm, those two black dots on shell are eyes right?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I'm going to join the weird group and pick Helix. :D

At first, I preferred Kabuto, but then when you see some decent sprites for Omanyte, you can see that its actually kinda cute, in a way. Plus, Omastar looks frikkin' badass. And it was the first shiny card I got when I used to collect them :D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I used to mix the Fossils and Pokemon up, too... Helix Fossil sounds cooler, though.

Anyway, I chose Dome Fossil. Probably because I like anything that has blades for hands! :rambo: Anyway, Omastar doesn't even look that bad; it's pretty decent! :t139: But Kabutops looks fierce. Kabutops's appearance seems to send off the warning that if you so much as touch it, you'll most likely be losing a finger or two...or a limb. :t141:
    The only thing bad about Kabutops are its arms. They look like twigs that can snap off at any second! I mean, Scyther pulls the blades-for-hands theme off well without resembling an oddly-shaped twig... :t123:

Kabuto and Omanyte both look cute...it took me a while to figure out Kabuto's real eyes, though... ;) But I hate it how Kabuto the Pokemon shares its name with Kabuto the ninja from the Naruto series. IMO, Kabuto the Pokemon deserves the name more, since it isn't nearly as annoying as Kabuto the ninja. Kabuto the Ninja brings up some interesting conflict, but let him have some other generic Japanese name... :cer_sneeze:

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
  • i go with helix fossil every time =)
    i see alot of you would choose dome though... i think helix is better =)

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • In Leafgreen I alternate to get both pokémon for whichever 4th gen game I'm playing, but Omanyte is my favourite - he's just so cute, and has always served me well on whatever team I have at the time.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Who doesn't like an extinct, cool looking crab like Pokemon with Claws that would make your gardening scissors look like babies? xP

Dome Fossil for me.

Simply because Kabuto and Kabutops are win, and I always thought they looked cooler than Omanyte and Omastar (no offense to them). :D

Valo

Years
  • Dome, but it's annoying that you have to wait until the seventh gym to get it at level 5 >.<

Back