• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Domesday.........

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    People should really read through a thread and see what was posted before they post a response sometimes...

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Listen ANY thing can happen!!! No-one knows so if it's not happening prove it!

I like domes... Dome appreciation day! Perfect idea!

Why not listen to your own post then, there is no proof of the world
    ending... Likewise there is no proof of it not ending.

I have to say that I dont belive it, I'm sure you're all aware of the 'Dooms Day' predictions in the past, such as the 2006 one, it didnt happen, and I seriously doubt it will happen in 2012.

The date is 6 days after my birthday though, so I would of reached the age of 16! Thats way too old...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    This is the day we invent insulation domes after the ozone is depleted, right?
    In that case, I think bio domes are great. They prevent cancer and death and they preserve life on Earth.

Spoiler:

Years
    To me it means BROADWAY SHOW TICKETS WILL BE OVER NINETHOUSAAAAAAAND DOLAAAAAAARS!!!!

But seriously, I believe that date might be the day SEGA returns to the console business, or the truth will be revealled on all rockstars and celebirties.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I say enjoy yourself,because I used to think like that,than I ended up thinking whats the point of living anymore.And that's when I thought what the H... am I saying I had just figured out the meaning of life,cherish it while you are able.But I am concerned about a nuclear war which COULD be possible and the 2050 rumor due to Global Warming.Hopefully we are able to avoid war and find a way to extinguish the use of fossil fuels.Those seem more realistic than that 2012 theory,I wish they would get a life and stop thinking as though they know everything,when the time comes in 2012 than we shall see,till than don't worry about it...

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    doomsday is fake. religion, science or no one will stop me believeing that, sure, it probably will happen in several billion years because I know the sun won't last forever, but in 3 years? no...

mayans have calendars like we do, they get them changed like we do, so what gives that the reason that it's the apocolypse? it's not, simple.

@JD - sorry man, I respect what you said and all but just because the same thing happened 100,000 years ago (if it even did) then it doesn't mean it will happen now. that's probably how they even came up with this sad excuse of a predicition.

everyone stop panicking, I did this when I first heard about it but now I totally chill because I realize how fake it really is. all of you do the same.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    For all you christians out there Jesus said something along the lines of No one knows when the world is going to end. Only The Father knows.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Did you know Mayans got high and gave themselves enemas of beer?

Yeah, we're relying on them to tell us the future.

A lot of people in highly-esteemed positions in our society today probably did somewhat similar things in college.

Never mind probably: definitely is the better way of putting it.

For the last time, the Mayan 2012 prediction is not a doomsday prophecy. There is nothing archaeologists have found that point to 2012 being the "end of the world" to the Mayans, it is simply the end of their "Long Count" Calendar. December 21, 2012 is the day the cuff of the Milky Way is aligned with the ecliptic.

Last edited:

smokie48

I wish you had believed.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    If the world ends in 2012, it ends in 2012. We're better off not knowing. If it does end in 2012, we'll only have a few moments of self relief and then our lives will be over, so I really don't think it should matter. Just enjoy your life while you have it. :)

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Heck... Only the Good God knows...

Well, i guess not... I follow the Revelations...

P.S. = Hey! Everybody has their opinions!

Peace! Live well! xd

smokie48

I wish you had believed.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    If you're a legit Christian, you'll know that in Revelations we won't know when the end is, proving 2012 false... (that is if you're Christian) So if you have a large faith in him you have nothing to worry about. :)

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Yeah, it's basically Y2K all over again, just not as exciting.

y2k was just a number. There's not really anything noteworthy of the number
    2012, is there? (except for the date, 12/21/12)

The Mayan calendar didn't END. They didn't "get lazy" and just stopped
    after 2012, because (from wiki):

But the Maya certainly did not take it as representing the end of the current world, since an inscription by Pacal at Palenque looks forward to a royal anniversary on October 15, 4772

Direct your attention to bolded year. four-thousand-seven-hundred-seventy-two.
    I'm no scientist, but I'd take a wild guess and say that they weren't planning on any
    form of an "Apocalypse" in 2012... There's a completely different jump between
    "total wipeout/end" and "new beginning".

Anyway, whatever-billion years, we'll be living on the not-so-inhospitable Mars,
    then move our way farther off in to the Galaxy, safe from the devastating effects
    of a burning sun (which will eventually suck us in), or human kind is too
    stupid and will eventually be wiped from the universe.

There are some other events that are planned on December 2012...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    From Wikipedia, of course.

Back