• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Don't know what to do now that it's over (spoilers?)

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
    So as it stands I've completed the main story to Pokemon X. It wasn't that long of a road, but I did pumped a solid 40 hours into it. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in quite a long time all things considered and I had a ton of fun with it, but, now I'm stuck on what I wish to do with it. I know there's a bit of a post game, but all accounts of it I've heard is that it's not very much. The standard battle tower sort of affair, a roaming legendary bird, and a mini-after game story involving Looker I believe, but, I'm not really sure I even want to do that. Part of me just wants to head back and relive it again, but then I'd lose all of my partners I've made along the way and I don't feel like that's right. I know at the end of the day they're just bits of code inside of a video game, but I grow personally attached to my Pokemon despite that.

That's always been a huge reason I've been into emulating the main series games despite owning them all is due to the fact that I can constantly replay them without having to worry about losing my save file. I can keep experiencing the adventure with new friends every time without feeling like I'm letting my old ones go. I know there's really no emulator in the near future for the 3DS coming out anytime soon so I know that isn't an option either.

So now I sit, afraid in knowing what time I have left with my Pokebros on X is limited. I know the immediate solution would be to buy Y and go through it again, but, that only feels like a temporary solution. This would be the perfect time for one of those devices that saves your data offhand like the GBC Mega Memory card I own. Either way, I'm kind of in a slump despite it all. It feels like it just started it yesterday, and now I don't feel like I can relive it again without losing what I've put into and gained from it already. Sorry for such a silly thread, just wanted to share how I felt about it right now, maybe if I'm lucky one of you will know a solution, but as it stands I just don't even want to open up my 3DS to keep going.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
    I sort of know how you feel. Despite that fact that I've been doing tons of stuff post-game (118 hours on my save file now), I also sort of feel like going through it all again but wouldn't dare delete my file.

I honestly don't know why this is the Pokemon game where I'm able to keep playing after the story. In fact, I almost feel like there's too much to do but that's mostly because I have so many goals. I want to experience every single possible thing the game has to offer (all that optional stuff most people skip). I want to have all the items. I want to complete the Pokedex. I want to start getting into more advanced breeding. I want to start building up competitive Pokemon so I can finally start battling others.

Pokemon has sort of always been a game where YOU have to decide how/why you play it if you want to get the most out of it, but it took me until this generation to realize that.

(EDIT: Re-reading this, I feel like I got off on a tangent... but this is just how I feel about the subject right now.)

Exeviant

"Call me Ex..."
    Years
    So I know the answer to this but funny story I cant post links -_- because I need 15 posts look up 3DBrew is all I can say and check their "PC Utilities" you may be able to accomplish what you want to do by using that just be careful and use at your own risk :D

Most of these utilities from what I understand are for swapping/switching files around and possibly saves from what i've read you will just have to research it and test it out yourself.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
    @Yuuto
    It's fine. It's similar to how I feel.

@AdrianD
    Waiting for Pokengen since I find breeding absolutely boring to do. Plus I believe Showdown is updating with sprites now? I don't know, I just rather competitive battle when I can get the Pokemon I want with ease.

@Exeviant
    Oh? I'll look it up, see what comes up.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
    I felt that way after beating the game too. "Now what?" Right? Well after you visit the battle maison, your Rival should be able to battle you at the top of Kiloude City and that will start another Mini plot, but, it doesn't last forever. Like Yuuto said, i've been dealing with it by trying to complete the pokedex and trying to experience everything it has to offer and i sort of ended up making my own breeding service.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You read my mind. I've been tempted to buy the other version for this exact reason - I'd like to start again and try things differently but I have some strange attachment to the bits of data I have collected. I guess we perceive them to have some value due to the amount of time we spent to with them.

And hell, knowing me, I'd start again and get bored really quickly. I suppose until I'm ready to play through again I should just go through my backlog of games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    After you're done defeating the champion and Elite Four, it's not over; there's plenty of things to do. d: For starters, I would suggest going through the Looker missions. In order to unlock them, first thing you should do is fly to Kiloude City and visit Battle Maison. Once you get about eight to nine wins, your rival should be waiting for you outside. As soon as you defeat them, you'll be requested to go to the professor. When you're there, he will upgrade your mega-evolution ring. After the ring has successfully been updated, you should visit Lumiose City. Immediately after entering it, you'll be getting a phone call from Looker. If you answer it, then you'll be given access to the quests in an instant! In the first mission, there's going to be a variety of tickets spread across Lumiose City. Your main objective would be to collect them and bring them to Looker. If you manage to find them all, then the quest is complete. As for the rest of the missions… well, I'll them up to you to find out. (:

If you're done with these kind of stuff already, then other things you could do is collect mega-stones, build up a good competitive team for yourself, challenge others to matches online, and try completing the PokéDex. Personally, I'm not planning to get the PokéDex done, as I don't have the time or motivation. But why don't you? If you get it finished, then, hey, maybe you'd be able to unlock something special?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I beat Pokemon X the day after it came out, and I still played constantly for about two weeks. I've taken a short break for other games, but I will probably go back to it soon. Like Artemis recently stated, after you beat the game get to Lumiose Town and visit the Detective Looker agency. Then you can do various Looker Missions which are fun for a little while. Another thing is that you can level yourself up in the battle Chateau. Win battles each day and eventually you'll become a baron/baroness. If you become one you will make bank! In the Chateau, even Gym Leaders and Elite Four people will show up. It's really fun if you enjoy battling. Have you found all of the mega stones yet? That's always something you could do. Look for shinies or try to complete your pokedex, there seems to be a wider variety of pokemon in XY. Upgrade your wardrobe, power wing or make Friend Safari a better place. There always seems to be something fun to do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I think there's pllenty to do after you beat the game. Going back combing through every area again to make sure you didn't miss any items, for instance. There's shiny breeding, shiny hunting in the wold, Pokemon Amie, that....battle challenge thing on the island post-game, Friend Safari....

Years
    complete the looker missions in lumiose city, collect all the mega stones, complete dex and breed for shiny's. if you have x and y you could always trade some pokes to one and restart the other...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Get into competitive battling! It's so much easier to do in Pokemon X/Y with item enhancements to make it easier than ever to breed perfect Pokemon and the new Super Training to make it easier to EV train. I too thought that there wasn't much to do post-game, and yet I'm already at 170 hours on my current save file - the longest I've ever spent on any single Pokemon game save before. It's all thanks to a sudden interest in competitive battling. You don't even have to get serious about it. Battle your friends! Don't have any friends who play X/Y locally? It's easier than ever to battle new people online with the new and improved PSS. There's so much to do in X/Y after you defeat the Pokemon League, you just have to look under the surface.

Back