• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I better get my poster when I get the game(s). I missed out on Lugia because they ran out and I was so sad. No wonder why I've preordered from the other Gamestop ever since.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
176. Oh wow, a gen six Pokemon! =D you guys better not go and post the entire dex here:P

On a side note, my ps3 passed away some time ago, along with all my save files. This includes the great hero Ra'iba, savior of Skyrim, god rest his soul.

Luckily for me, the legendary edition Skyrim for the pc was on sale, starting the tale of another hero in the making
Spoiler:

Make way for Hiisada!

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
177.I like to play short role played games where i'm a warrior and someone is my rival ..sometimes i play the bad role sometimes the good sometimes neither and just wanderer who face troubles.....anyone likes this too??

Arma

The Hyena
Years
179. @Broken_Arrow: I usually don't like short RPGs, I prefer the ones in which I can invest a lot of time. I also rarely play as a bad guy, my current character from Skyrim is a wanderer.

Hiisada is an archer who mainly fights with poisoned arrows. Some brand her a coward, for preferring hit-and-run tactics. She sneaks around the lands, pickpocketing the unaware, or trying to land a shot before getting noticed. She'll flee upon getting noticed, most likely attempting to sneak up on her target again after they lost sight of her.

She also is quite skilled with a one-handed axe, and her light armor rating is more than decent. Her magical healing abilities are far from shabby as welll, as she prefers to use spells in order to preserve as many potions as possible.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

The problem with Elder Scrolls is that the experience and story never really opens up as you get further or as you create more characters. You can add mods, which add incredible amounts to the experience (and I can't play without them...well, that's the case for Skyrim, at least), but it's generally still the same experience. I mean, I love Oblivion, but I always felt that that was its biggest problem, especially because the games never really put anything into their life aspects.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

I loved Skyrim sooo much but, yeah I can agree that they didn't put much into their life aspects. If you want an RPG/kinda open world but, not really go check out the Rune Factory Series :3 i really liked those just cause they were so romance based XD

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
176. Oh wow, a gen six Pokemon! =D you guys better not go and post the entire dex here:P

On a side note, my ps3 passed away some time ago, along with all my save files. This includes the great hero Ra'iba, savior of Skyrim, god rest his soul.

Luckily for me, the legendary edition Skyrim for the pc was on sale, starting the tale of another hero in the making
Spoiler:

Make way for Hiisada!

oh wow skyrim looks so cool. I hope I can get enought money to buy it one day. I am currently stuck with a buggy crappy morrowind. yes its a good game but sheesh. crashes too much especially with mods.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Skyrim was a lot of people's first Elder Scrolls. I didn't really like it as much as Oblivion, largely because the culture and vivid appearance of Tamriel is just so much more pleasing than Skyrim's Nordic, mountainous, gray region. It's sad, because if Oblivion were the game to have been released a couple years ago and Skyrim in 2008/2006, Oblivion would have been the household name.

It's all because of advertising, I'd say. I mean, Elder Scrolls has always been a groundbreaking series, People just didn't know about it (and they still don't). You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard someone refer to Skyrim as the name of the series (and how many times I've heard people call ESO "Skyrim Online" or "A Skyrim MMO"). I dunno, I'm just tired of the Skyrim here, there, and everywhere and no love for Oblivion or Morrowind.

Arma

The Hyena
Years

Never liked oblivion that much to be frank, maybe because I first played Skyrim. I'm not really a fan of the level up mechanics in Oblivion.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years

I would try out Oblivion for the sake of seeing Sheogorath there. man,the Wabbajack was fun to use.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Nobody was a fan of leveling up in Oblivion, but it was such a fantastic game in other areas that it wasn't too much of an issue. This is especially true thanks to Oblivion's emphasis on equipment, so you wouldn't just overpower everything and progression was on a more reasonable scale. Still, the leveling was cumbersome.

But the timing is a big part of it. I played Oblivion first (Well, Morrowind first, Oblivion second) and I was blown away. At the time, it was one of the most impressive games I'd ever seen, so when Skyrim came out, I wanted it to be to Oblivion what Oblivion was to Morrowind. And, as a sequel, it's alright. It adds things, but it went the safe root, mostly, and in a lot of ways it felt like a modern expansion to Oblivion. Problem is, most people played Skyrim first, so they viewed it as a whole new game rather than a sequel, and thus, their views on the game would be the reverse of my own.

...And that's generally why I tell people to start with Morrowind or Oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back