• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Like Battle Rev.

Cross

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I thourougly agree with this thread. PBR was just battling, and in old games, that's what made up the storyline, not really the fun. It IS overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Meh, I don't really like it. Graphics are cool, but I was really hoping for more of a journey type game.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Amazing.
    Happened what I was waiting for!
    People started to understand that this game is not as good as everybody imagined.
    Even you Heatran! XD

Anyways, the same thing happened with Colosseum, XD, and now with Battle Revolution, people say it´s amazing, then you buy, get frustrated and start to say that it´s not as good as you wanted.
    And I used to deffend Battle Revolution,belive it or not, I was in love with this game the first time I saw it in the first preview, but it was just another pokemon game, I think Game Freak will never really try to improve something again in their games...

I absolutley love battling, just won't pay for it to be 3D. I think that's fair. No need to judge me, thats like saying all people who doesn't buy PBR aren't "enough battlers", which isn't fair to say.
    I´m in the same situation...
    I battle since 1997, I love battles, but I really don´t like PBR and, as you, I don´t think it´s worth 150 dollars.
    (yes, here in Brazil a original copy of this game would cost about R$299, converting to US dollars... U$150, nice isn´t it?)

Now I want to know...
    Isn´t there any way to contact GameFreak? Nintendo?
    I mean, the people that create the official games?

A good conversation between fans and them is needed here, if you get what I mean...

Last edited:

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • To me PBR is just a Diamond and Pearl battle taking place in the big screen, the game is nothing sepcial so you should just rent it

Years
  • I haven't played it yet, but GameTrailers and IGN both say without Pearl or Diamond you have nothing to do, and even with it it's limited.

I was interested but yeah, I'll sit this one out now

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • It's a DP accessory, pure and simple. If you don't like PBR, you're probably not much of a battler, and probably shouldn't be playing anyways.

You like battling but you don't like PBR? Then you're not enough of a battler. Someone with a fighting soul like mine is satisfied with PBR for exactly what it is - a new staging ground for epic battle!!

I know, but there are people that feels that way. I was using your post to answer to those people. Besides, you said I must not like battling enough, so I thought that was what you meant. Twice you posted if you don't like PBR, you're not a battler-or not battler enough, which is unfair to say. I'm plenty battler.

I respect your opinion. I have a problem with the game, but if people likes it, thats good for them. You apparently got your money's worth if you enjoy it.

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I know, but there are people that feels that way. I was using your post to answer to those people. Besides, you said I must not like battling enough, so I thought that was what you meant. Twice you posted if you don't like PBR, you're not a battler-or not battler enough, which is unfair to say. I'm plenty battler.

I respect your opinion. I have a problem with the game, but if people likes it, thats good for them. You apparently got your money's worth if you enjoy it.

I don't see why saying he likes it is unfair. PBR needs actual skill to play, so if you're not gonna be buying it because of bad graphics it either means you have no respect, or you have no skill in battling.

I loved that post where the guy was all like, "Oh, cry me a river." because that is exactly how I feel.

Nintendo seriously doesn't care if you like this game or not. They love to stamp the mindset of "got D/P need PBR" on every pokemon fans forehead. And it's working.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Maybe because you're paying $50 dollars for something you could do for free on a sunny day in the park. (Parks in my city of WiFi.) That's seems pretty unfair to me, especially when you need D/P to play.

You can play a Wii outside in a park? Huh?! Plus, PBR is a D/P accesory, so obviously you need D/P to play. That's like saying, Pokemon box is a horrible game because you need R/S/E to play!

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • You can play a Wii outside in a park? Huh?! Plus, PBR is a D/P accesory, so obviously you need D/P to play. That's like saying, Pokemon box is a horrible game because you need R/S/E to play!

You think you can play your Wii in the park than go ahead, I sure was not talking about the Wii. Plus, everyone has R/S/E, because those games been out for five years oppose to D/P which has been out for months. Not mention how hard it was to find any game console after Christmas last year. What is the relevance to your argument? Apple and oranges.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • And I don't see how the duration of a game's existence is relevant to whether to buy it or not. :P

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    I just think they could of have put more effort into it sure I am not saying it's a bad game just saying it needs some inprovements

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • I just think they could of have put more effort into it sure I am not saying it's a bad game just saying it needs some inprovements

Probably, but I think they made the decision that was purely money-based. D/P had just come out and is huge in sales. Wii had not too long ago come out and is huge in sales. With that in mind, it becomes easy money to make a simple battle simulator that those who are still hyped-up over D/P and the Wii will buy just because they can.

The lack of actual material in the game can be attributed to them rushing it (or just not caring), but from a money-aspect, they had to bring it out at a quick enough pace to make the money. XD I'm sure a much better (by Pokémon console-gaming standards) Wii game will come out, but it would most likely be much later, after time has been put into their "creative process." And when the next money-making opportunity shows itself. >.>

Back