• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Like Battle Rev.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
Years
  • I love this game!
    But thats is becuase I love to battle!
    In my opinion IT's does what it was ment to do, LEt people Battle random people in 3D. The Psychic Attacks Look Goregus And So Do Most Of Teh Electric Ones.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I think PBR was also a test of Wii's Wi-Fi. I'm sure they'll make another adventure game set on the Wii in the future.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Probably, but I think they made the decision that was purely money-based. D/P had just come out and is huge in sales. Wii had not too long ago come out and is huge in sales. With that in mind, it becomes easy money to make a simple battle simulator that those who are still hyped-up over D/P and the Wii will buy just because they can.

The lack of actual material in the game can be attributed to them rushing it (or just not caring), but from a money-aspect, they had to bring it out at a quick enough pace to make the money. XD I'm sure a much better (by Pokémon console-gaming standards) Wii game will come out, but it would most likely be much later, after time has been put into their "creative process." And when the next money-making opportunity shows itself. >.>

I actually prefer the "adventure/RPG" games on the DS. Mainly because the DS is portable (I think the main reason it's such a popular RPG), so when and where you play it isn't too much worry; you can't play the Wii in the car, or when you're out and about with parents. And if your Wii is hooked up to the primary TV in the house, we all that the parents own the TV during Prime Time. But get yourself some headphones, and play the DS all you want. That's my view of it, at least. With the DS, you can actually live that fantasy life without the worry of someone saying, "Turn the game off, I want to watch Desperate Housewives".

All in all, PBR is a decent game; a bit less intricate than it's predecessors (Colosseum, etc), but the WiFi definitely makes up for it. I see it more as an add-on to D/P, because in and off itself, PBR isn't too cool. But seeing your team and their attacks in full 3D is pretty cool.

Nintendo has never been a big pioneer of graphics; the graphics on the Wii aren't much better than the graphics on the N64. However, what Nintendo is known for is new and advanced ways to play the game, thus the Wii remote (Wiimote? Not sure what fancy names they have these days). Just goes to prove that graphics aren't nearly as important as the way you actually play the game.

Ichida

Years
  • With the DS, you can actually live that fantasy life without the worry of someone saying, "Turn the game off, I want to watch Desperate Housewives".

*shudder* This is why I have my own TV.

All in all, PBR is a decent game; a bit less intricate than it's predecessors (Colosseum, etc), but the WiFi definitely makes up for it. I see it more as an add-on to D/P, because in and off itself, PBR isn't too cool. But seeing your team and their attacks in full 3D is pretty cool.

Exactly right. :D

(Wiimote? Not sure what fancy names they have these days)

Yeah, Wiimote, pronounced "wee-mote." They're trying to be funny. It's not working.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I don't see why saying he likes it is unfair. PBR needs actual skill to play, so if you're not gonna be buying it because of bad graphics it either means you have no respect, or you have no skill in battling.

I loved that post where the guy was all like, "Oh, cry me a river." because that is exactly how I feel.

Nintendo seriously doesn't care if you like this game or not. They love to stamp the mindset of "got D/P need PBR" on every pokemon fans forehead. And it's working.

I never said that him liking it was unfair. I said him saying that those who don't like this game aren't battlers isn't fair.

These rude post are getting out of hand. that cry me a river post was disrespectful to other's opinions. And I could care less if Nintendo doesn't care if I like this game. That wasn't the topic. It was whether WE like this game or not. I am a GAMEER. Any gamer can tell you graphics can play a big part in games. I said I respect the opinions of those who like the game. I would like the same courtesy.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My only complaint is purely the graphics. The early trailer made this game look much better than it turned out to be, which is why I'm upset. Sure, the Wii doesn't have remarkable graphics, and that's really not what I'm asking for; I'm merely stating that it's good, but it could have been much prettier.

However, I do still enjoy it, so I'm not too bummed.

Ichida

Years
  • I don't know why people think the graphics are poor. I love them. Certainly better than D/P.

Is it the whole Arcanine/Typhlosion/other models not rehauled thing? Why is that even an issue? <.<;

Oh, wait, I know, it's the permanent field damage thing. Yeah, that was kind of a ripoff to not have that in the game. :(

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • I think most of the rudeness in this thread is stemming from this topic coming up so much. XD I mean, I can understand that a lot of people are disappointed in the game. But it isn't like this is the first topic to express that disappointment, as most of you know. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. x_x

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • How is anything rude? I havn't seen any rude posts throughout this entire thread >.>;;

Just, there is no reason to complain about it, again Nintendo doesn't care. I mean I saw a petition stating that PBR needed to be recalled and remade, and I just think that is very moronic. PBR has like 510 different 3D models within the game. Now that's impressive, and including attacks... That adds about another 437 things to add onto that disc. Plus the stadiums and such, did you ever think that there was not enough space to make it be the best graphical Wii game to date?

sims796

Years
  • A petition is goiing too far. I don't like it-doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. I'm just saying that the Wii can do better. I know the Wii isn't a powerhouse, but some games are going too far. Call of Duty 4? That won't cut it on the N64. If PBR is all about 3D battling, it better be damn well pretty.

And if its a D/P accessory, $50 is too pricey. Thats $85 for game & add on.

You really haven't seen any rude post? I've seen 3 so far. I'm sure Me2UJus4Free can agree.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I don't know why people think the graphics are poor. I love them. Certainly better than D/P.
    Can't argue with that. They certainly are better than D/P...

Ichida said:
    Is it the whole Arcanine/Typhlosion/other models not rehauled thing? Why is that even an issue? <.<;
    Well, sort of. I guess when they showed the trailer for the game, the character models looked vastly improved, and much more lifelike. And it is sort of annoying knowing I'm still playing with graphics that are essentially two generations of systems old.

Ichida said:
    Oh, wait, I know, it's the permanent field damage thing. Yeah, that was kind of a ripoff to not have that in the game. :(
    That, too. In fact, that's probably what was hyped the most that didn't end up making it.

I'm not trying to say I don't like the game, and I'm not saying my opinion is going to change Nintendo/Game Freak's mind on anything, nor am I saying that anyone who thinks differently is wrong. All I'm saying is some of what I was hoping for never showed up, and the trailer is pretty misleading.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Is it the whole Arcanine/Typhlosion/other models not rehauled thing? Why is that even an issue? <.<;
    It is a issue when those pokemon are the favorites of someone.(My case)
    It´s not ask too much to release the game with all the pokemon remodeled.
    Pokemon Battle Stadium! We can attack trainers! They actually dodge attacks! Nice...
    XDDDDDD

sims796

Years
  • Can't argue with that. They certainly are better than D/P...

Well, sort of. I guess when they showed the trailer for the game, the character models looked vastly improved, and much more lifelike. And it is sort of annoying knowing I'm still playing with graphics that are essentially two generations of systems old.

That, too. In fact, that's probably what was hyped the most that didn't end up making it.

I'm not trying to say I don't like the game, and I'm not saying my opinion is going to change Nintendo/Game Freak's mind on anything, nor am I saying that anyone who thinks differently is wrong. All I'm saying is some of what I was hoping for never showed up, and the trailer is pretty misleading.

This is exactly how I feel. Except I plain don't like it. Thats fair. If its all about 3D battling, it better be damn well pretty.

As for you, acrof, I was of course, joking about attacking the trainers, but was quite serious in the pokemon dodging attacks. I hate it when an attack misses, it just dissapears. I also hate it how the pokemon stays in one place. Move around, for pete's sake!

Don't bite my head off, but I'ma go back to Stadium. When Persian was hit, all that happend was his upper half bent back. Come on! What, is his backside tethered to the floor? I wanted to at least see that.

Years
  • Well, I got to play this at Pokemon Summer Day Camp today, my opinion?

Well I never got to do anything outside of the battling, but since that's the main point of the game it didn't really matter. For battling with your friends using your handheld Pokemon, it's the best game yet, easy transfer, no extra pheprial (sp) required and the battles are as fast paced as they are on the handhelds, with the best visuals in a home console Pokemon game to date.

So my opinion? excellent for Diamoand and Pearl owners, but for general gamers...not a very good purcahse...

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • As for you, acrof, I was of course, joking about attacking the trainers, but was quite serious in the pokemon dodging attacks. I hate it when an attack misses, it just dissapears. I also hate it how the pokemon stays in one place. Move around, for pete's sake!
    Yeah, it's annoying to battle when the pokemon looks like statues.
    IMO they really should do a fighting pokemon game, like a smash bros version of pokemon, they have the 3D models already (some from stadium, but nobody /except for me/ cares), so why not? XD

Or a full 3D MMORPG, it would be nice aswell.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Yeah, it's annoying to battle when the pokemon looks like statues.
    IMO they really should do a fighting pokemon game, like a smash bros version of pokemon, they have the 3D models already (some from stadium, but nobody /except for me/ cares), so why not? XD

Yeah, but with the release of Brawl, that would be fun for about 3 minutes, but it would get as old as all the other spin offs. Creepy that I had that idea awhile ago.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
  • Yeah, it's annoying to battle when the pokemon looks like statues.

Lol, if nintendo did a hostile takeover of Namco and stole the Tales of..[insert name here] battle system it's possible..PBR is quite fun though. I dont like 3v3 battles though..

Back