• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't put that in your mouth!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Do you remember eating any odd things as a kid? Maybe bugs, dirt, or something else?

Years
    As a kid, I ate a lot of things people would consider weird. Among those were chalk, paper, the wood from a pencil, and my own shirts, at least of what I can recall. I was a pretty strange little kid in terms of what I would and wouldn't eat.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I ate pretty normally for a kid, but when I was younger I accidentally swallowed one of those little beady damage counters from the Pokemon Trading Card Game.

It was accidental, mind you.

Last edited:
    Years
    When i was younger i ate all sort of weird crap. I used to eat paper, i remember getting told off for eating an eraser once and i was never allowed to eat on a beach because i was known to dip whatever it was i was eating into the sand x3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I used to chew on pencils, and sometimes I would still chew on straws or the caps of pens. I'm not quite sure why I do so; I guess it's just habit. I also use to put my thumb in my mouth and suck on it until like... the third grade. Thanks to my third grade teacher and the bet I made with my mom (if I quit sucking my thumb before she quit smoking I get a hamster. I obvious won) I eventually stopped, thank god. It's caused me to have weird teeth though, and thus braces.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    I swallowed a marble once when I was like 7-8 :3 I thought I was going to die too xD My idea of things "going down the wrong pipe" was that the inside of your body was a series of pipes and that things that weren't food, would hit the outsides of the pipes and kill you >.<

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    (...I'm answering this thread while chewing on my tv remote, lol)

I was/still am notorious for eating things I shouldn't have, mostly by chewing the thing down to bits and then accidentally swallowing them, lol. Though I've mostly stopped that habit, it started a habit of me grinding my teeth at night, lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    [SIZE="a"]I've never really ate something weird as a kid. I was always quite clean and always ate the stuff that I should eat, and not eat stuff like grass lol.

I also hate it when people gnaw on pencils - its honestly really nasty and I'd never do that.[/SIZE]

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    No, nothing odd, seriously.

It's because I tried to lick some things that were inedible, and they always tasted gross, so I threw them away. That is still, for as long as I can remember.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I ate dog food and it tasted disgusting. (It was a dare btw) x__x I also ate random leafs and plants and mud and some other strange stuff too and they tasted reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally weird, especially mud. o.o

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I ate a leaf before and I think it was dead. And I also chew plastic until now. Does that count? xD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to eat paper and leafs before. But I don't think leafs really count because that's all I eat these days.

Years
    As a kid I used to suck on pennies because I liked the metallic taste and once or twice I swallowed one on accident. I also used to stick the ends of 9-volt batteries on my tongue to get that electric shock. Never swallowed a battery though, thankfully.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I remember eating paper and stickers when I was a kid... Sort of weird and it tasted plain...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Boogers. But what kid didn't? When I got in first grade, I decided it was immature to eat boogers though. So I moved on to my hair. I also drank my own tears. Or well, I licked them off my face. So I was way ahead of Gaga drinking her tears tonight, cause I know you love me, baby.

Years
    This thread has reminded me that I ate paper as a kid on occasion. I... kind of enjoyed the taste. ._.; Stopped when I was in middle school; a teacher of mine went on and on about how there were dangerous chemicals in that (along with chewing on pen caps). Scared me out of eating it again. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I never really ate anything that wasn't food, haha. Even when I was little I knew what the good stuff was, ahaa.

Back