• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't You Hate it When...

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    you get to an Off-Topic thread that piques your interest and you realize it's been months since someone last posted in it?

Or what about when you really want to respond to something, but can't think up a decent or coherent response that makes sense and/or contributes to the subject?

So PC! What do you hate?

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Not really. When I feel like posting something I already have what to post in mind.

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    you get to an Off-Topic thread that piques your interest and you realize it's been months since someone last posted in it?
    Don't see the problem. If you have something to post then post it. That whole "don't post in old threads" rule is stupid, if you have something to post then post it, you can revive the thread and start new discussion, if nobody posts in it then it's just going to rot and be useless.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Don't see the problem. If you have something to post then post it. That whole "don't post in old threads" rule is stupid, if you have something to post then post it, you can revive the thread and start new discussion, if nobody posts in it then it's just going to rot and be useless.

No, the thread revival rule isn't stupid. The thread didn't get any replies for a reason, so there's no need to post in a thread like it. (Although I find it quite annoying) Also, if you start a new discussion with the same topic, it would count as a thread duplicate, causing the thread to be closed, because theoritically, it'll end up like the other one.

Anyway, that was litle off topic, haha.
    I hate being ignored and mocked.

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010

No, the thread revival rule isn't stupid. The thread didn't get any replies for a reason, so there's no need to post in a thread like it. (Although I find it quite annoying) Also, if you start a new discussion with the same topic, it would count as a thread duplicate, causing the thread to be closed, because theoritically, it'll end up like the other one.

Anyway, that was litle off topic, haha.
    I hate being ignored and mocked.
    Maybe there are people who didn't notice it when it was active for whatever reasons, and they have something to say. More people posting = more discussion. One person says something, the next person does/doesn't agree with it or whatever the reason may be, they comment on it, the domino effect kicks in, and you have a good discussion.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Believe it or not, I'm terrible with words, and often find it hard to properly state my opinions in words in certain threads. If I'm not careful with how I state things, I tend to be misunderstood or even flamed. >_<

It's for this reason that I rarely post in the more debate-y threads. :P

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010

Yup, that annoys me because I feel like I can no longer post on it, or if you want to comment on it and then you realise its been locked. It also annoys me when a post has waaay too many replies to sift through, as you might miss some interesting comments you'd like to reply to.

This forum isn't too bad, but I hate it on certain forums when they're being ran too harshly and strictly by the moderators, not allowing people to hold proper discussions - after all, isn't this the point of the forum. Certain people also get way too wound up when a post has been placed in the wrong section. I mean ok, if it's obvious like putting a music related thread in a movie section, but other times it can actually be quite hard to decide where something should go. Sometimes it can just be a simple mistake.

Oh and just to reel off a couple more and then I'll stop complaining. I hate it when people can't take part in simple debate without taking it too personally and getting immature, and people who use too much txt speak making it really hard (sometimes impossible) to understand.

Years
    Oh and just to reel off a couple more and then I'll stop complaining. I hate it when people can't take part in simple debate without taking it too personally and getting immature, and people who use too much txt speak making it really hard (sometimes impossible) to understand.
    Oh god, text speak/leetspeak is aggravating.

Back