• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Don't you think the overdid evolution this time...?

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I hate MAGMORTAR. Great when you're using it but it just looks like a gay clown with holes in his hands.

Lt. Surge

Thunder Puncher
    Years
  • electivire is a beast, and most of the new eveloutions/new pokemon are pretty cool. Keep in mind they're now pushing almost 500 pokes. Not everyone is going to like every pokemon, that's the beauty of the game, a little something for everyone.

Years
  • What i think YAY Everyone whant to here this

What i think YAY Everyone whant to here this

Ok there in no particular order:

Gallade: meh (thats all i say)
    Probopass: people said things could only get better from Nosepass well theu were wrong
    Magmortar: I do not mind but it i never really like the magma family
    Togekiss: you killed the togepi evelotion line they should of stoped at togetic
    Leafeon and Glaceon: Worst eevees so far but there still not that bad I give them a 5/10 there only problem is not to good movesets
    Ambipom: me personaly im a fan i like ambipom
    Mismagius: we didnt need misdrveas
    Gliscor: ultimate in coolness
    Weavile Meh again not a fan of the original
    Lickilicky ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what is that thing
    Magnezone i kinda have a wried likeing for this one
    Electivire wried but cool but creepy but cool again
    Tangrowth never accualy used tangla or tangrothw but on looks it bothers me
    Yanmega Best pokemon ever
    Rhyperior should'nt of had such a drastic change but it grows on me
    Dusknoir UGLY UGLY UGLY
    Porygon-Z just as annoying as the other porygons
    Mamoswine another exceellent one
    Froslass it dosent bother me cause i like glalie so i never used it
    Honchrow its ok but i like murkrow

Years
  • I like the new Eveeloutions and Electibiere(sp?)...mainly because it looks awesome and it pwned Pikachu in the anime xD And Piloswines evolution is okay...but the rest were over kill.

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I started playing Pokemon when I was about 6 or 7 if I had an Aipom and evolved it I would never use it again due to fear lol
    Yeah, I used to love Aipom when Gold and Silver came out, but now since it's got an evolution, I really don't care for it anyone.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Yeah, I used to love Aipom when Gold and Silver came out, but now since it's got an evolution, I really don't care for it anyone.
    The exact opposite it true for me.

None of them were overdone. They are all intended to be liked by certain types of people; not everyone will like a Psychic type with two scythes. Similarly, someone will start a cult after Probopass at SPPf (this really did happen) if they give Nosepass a silly evo. And I do not particularly care for Togekiss, but there are people who do, of course...
    And, really, we should be pointing out evos that were originally put-in that were overdone...like Octillery, for example.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only dumb evo is Probopass which is the only fully evolved pokemon I refuse to use.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    I don't like many of the new evolutions.
    I love Yanmega and Mamoswine. But that's about it.
    I much prefer Magmar and Electabuzz before they evolve.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • Porygon-Z, Glaceon, Weavile and Gallade are epic. Probopass, Magnezone, Electivire and Magmortar are... WTFish. The rest are okay.

I personally like the Porygon family.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Right so let's look at this then:
    Roserade - Cool and definately needed.
    Ambipom - Looks a little silly, but hey, It's a monkey xD, Plus it was needed.
    Mismagius - A Misdreavus Evolution was needed and it has a nice Witch-like Design.
    Honchkrow - A Murkrow Evolution was needed and Honchkrow is a great flying type addition. But I can't help but think that it's design is a rip-off of the crow's in the disney movie: Dumbo: Dumbo Crow
    Weavile - A Sneasel Evo was needed and Weavile looks awesome and is a good speedy pokemon.
    Magnezone - As much as it's a good addition to pokemon, but I do think it's a little unneeded, also I hate it's design, It looses the whole "Magnemites join together" thing.
    Lickilicky - Lickitung needed an Evo...But I think they really mucked up. It just looks like a lickitung that Doesn't look in the mirror. Also It's tounge shrunk.
    Rhyperior - Totally unneeded and has an awful design. And It doesn't really improve Rhydon at all.
    Tangrowth - Good, A tangela Evo was needed and Tangrowth fits the bill.
    Electivire - I like Electivire's design and I think it's a good addition to Electabuzz.
    Magmortar - Fat Clown. But I strangely like it..
    Togekiss - It's cool, I don't really like the design though and It's a little unneeded also.
    Yanmega - Good, Yanma Needed an Evo and Yanmega has a good design and it can also be very powerful in the right hands.
    Leafeon and Glaceon - They're nice additions too the Eeveelutions. But personally I think they should stop there with them.
    Gliscor - Wow It's a really cool evolution of Gligar who needed an Evo.
    Mamoswine - I'm not a fan really. I think it's a little unneeded and I don't like the design around the eyes.
    Porygon-z - He he, I think it looks cool and has a Nice movepool now.
    Gallade - Very good, Needed, Especially when Male gardeviors are just plain strange.
    Probopass - Are you serious!? I can't even look at the thing it's just too ugly!
    Dusknoir - Totally Unneeded, Plus it just looks awful.
    Froslass - It's unneeded also, but yet it's pretty cool.

Wow there's so many!

The Evo's they stupidly left out:
    Qwilfish - It's crying out for an evo.
    Pachirisu - Why didn't they make an evo for this?
    Chatot - " " " " " " " "
    Farfetch'd
    Kricketune - I think they should have gone one Evo further
    Carnivine
    Miltank
    Tauros
    Pinsir

Phew I think that's all.

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Borrowed List From Blazeavile
    Roserade - Roselia before this was slow and weak except for magical leaf which hurts XD
    Ambipom - Aipom needed something new before this came out i dont think anyone used aipom(except Pirate Sam)
    Mismagius - Misdreavous needed this a very dangerous very stylish evo which looks kwl
    Honchkrow - Yeah i think the same as blazeavile its a rip off of the dumbo crows and before this murkrow was kind of usless
    Weavile - fast powerful anti rock/ground/dragon pokemon much needed
    Magnezone - Looks alright not really needed but is fun to use on steel types
    Lickilicky - Unessercary if they make a eo for him atleast make him durable or powerful?
    Rhyperior - Looks horrible but is a big threat in current meta with rock polish
    Tangrowth - well needed as tangela was kind of lacking but still looks kinda weird
    Electivire - electabuzz was one of my favourites but this is kool aswell as motor drive works wonders
    Magmortar - I have a phobia of clowns and persnally hate this as this was unneeded as they should replaced this with corsola evo or maybe a much needed dunsparce evo?
    Togekiss - Its cool how it goes from a egg to a egg thing with wings to a type of plane thing
    Yanmega - yanma need this as this makes a good sub bu buzzer
    Leafeon and Glaceon - i reckon they shouldChange eeves evos for dusk stone=umbreon sun stone espeon leaf stone leafeon mon stone glaceon
    Gliscor - Good physcial wall much needed for poor gligar
    Mamoswine - i dont think they needed this as they already brought out weavile which is slightly better
    Porygon-z - not seeing much play on shoddy maybe it sees a little more on wifi battles but nice moves and alright stats
    Gallade - what blazeavile said
    Probopass - what with thye unibrow and moustache??
    Dusknoir - good wall and looks weird
    Froslass - a greatly underused ghost type

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • Well, my bet is that Game Freak wanted to give us a reason to raise old pokemon again. It works as well, I REALLY wanted a Probopass.

Hopefully in the 5th generation they make more brand new evolution lines. I kinda saw Rhyperior to be overkill.. Rhydon is already a strong pokemon, why Rhyperior?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2009
    simple answer. there is no overdoing pokemon =D but i cant wait till they make an evolution of mew juss like they evolved other 1st gen pkmn like tangela lol.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Hey, Lickilicky is the cutest thing ever.
    And Ambipom is not that bad either.

Electivire is a horror.

&stolen from Dragonqueen2010:
    Things that look great.
    Roserade
    Leafeon
    Mamoswine
    Dusknoir
    Things that only I would like, apparently.
    Ambipom
    Chingling
    Lickilicky
    Things that look okay.
    Mismagius
    Bonsly
    Munchlax
    Weavile
    Rhyperior
    Tangrowth
    Glaceon
    Porygon Z
    Things that look disgusting.
    Budew
    Honchkrow
    Mime Jr.
    Happiny
    Mantyke
    Electivire
    Magmortar
    Togekiss
    Yanmega
    Gliscor
    Gallade
    Probopass
    Frosslass

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • Roserade - Pretty cool, had one on my team until after E4
    Leafeon - Very cute, c'mon! Look at it's little leaf!
    Mamoswine - Hideous; powerful, yes, but butt-ugly
    Dusknoir - No comment...
    Ambipom - Never cared for Aipom, so....
    Chingling - Very sweet, and kinda handy that early on in the game
    Lickilicky - Love love LOVE it! I'm training one right now!
    Mismagius - Meh, I can take it or leave it.
    Bonsly - Very sweet-looking, but I'd rather have the evolved form.
    Munchlax - Butt Ugly, but I love Snorlax, so...
    Weavile - Ugly but pretty powerful, so I'd say tolerable.
    Rhyperior - Again, Loved this evo - I liked Ryhorn/Rhydon in LG, so for them to get a new evo was great!
    Tangrowth - Bit funny looking, but okay.
    Glaceon - Love him - he's adoreable!
    Porygon Z - Always liked Porygon and his 1st evo, so why not?
    Budew - Eh...
    Honchkrow - Tolerable, I guess, but a little unimaginative.
    Mime Jr. - Cute as anything!
    Happiny - See Above
    Mantyke - So sweet-looking!
    Electivire - I could live without this...
    Magmortar - I really like this design, and the power it brings to the team is epic.
    Togekiss - Again, I love this - it's cute, but has a hidden secret power...
    Yanmega - Meh
    Gliscor - Ugly, just... Ugly...
    Gallade - Freakin' LOVE this thing! This is the best new Psychic pokemon since Ralts!
    Probopass - ARGH! Hideous!
    Frosslass - Very cute and love it's duel typing.

All in all, a real mixed bunch for me. Some of them I saw and was like, WTF? and others I saw and instantly liked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Probopass
    Magmortar
    Ambipom
    Magnezone
    Tangrowth
    Rhyperior
    Mamoswine
    Those are probably the one that bother me the most =/

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
  • well, i really liked Mismagius, Gallade, Leafon, weavile and Froselass
    Others are really neat, but some like propobass or Budweu... Please, give me a break -__-

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • Weavile, Mismagius, Probopass, Leafeon, Glaceon, Froslass, Togekiss, Electivire, Dusknoir, Porygon-Z, Gliscor, Honchkrow, Yanmega, Tangrowth, Gallade, Roserade and Ambipom are all cool. I liked them right off the bat. I didn't like Magmortar, Rhyperior, Mamoswine and Lickilicky very much, but I grew to like all but Magmortar. It's just retarded. >_>

Back