• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Door Event (transfer player) Gets Stuck

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    When entering into a building my player gets stuck and can't go anywhere. They can walk out of the building just fine and outside, but not inside this one building. What am I doing wrong? All my tiles are passable. I provided some pictures showing what I mean.

Picture 1: Shows as far as the character can walk. Picture 2 and 3: The event information

Attachments

• Door Event (transfer player) Gets Stuck
      RPG Maker XP Pokemon Essentials.png
      47 KB · Views: 47
      RPG Maker XP Pokemon Essentials 2.png
      54 KB · Views: 45
      RPG Maker XP Pokemon Essentials 3.png
      27.5 KB · Views: 36
    Years
  • All your tile can be unpassage because:
    -Database setting (Passage + Passage 4 dir)
    -You put those in second layers (When draw the map)
    -And terrain problem (Maybe the terrain aren't 0)
    Hope this help. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    So, your game didn't freeze, the player just can't move? Are you sure there's no Auto Run event somewhere which does nothing, preventing the player from moving? Or perhaps the mat on which the player stands is impassable?

Where is the switch that activates the door's second page? Is it before or after the transfer player event occurs? If it's before, then maybe the event gets activated since the player moves on the door when entering the house, and then you get stuck on an Autorun event which can't be completed? Sounds a bit far fetched, I know, but just to be sure, try turning switch #22 off when inside the house.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2020
    Years late... However, Just In case anyone else Is still having this issue...

I've been having the same problem for a while I just couldn't figure It out.

The Culprit - I had an event (Parallel Process) Pokemon just wandering around on the map while I was trying to open the door... I inserted a simple switch to turn this event "OFF" and a few seconds of wait time when I interact with the door. This fixed my issue.

In conclusion, If you have any Parallel Process events or Autoruns on the current map with issues make sure to add a switch that turns them off to the very first line of the specific door event.

Pictures:
    DoorIssue001 = Actual door event In question
    DoorIssue002/003 = Parallel Process event that was causing the issue for context
    DoorIssue004 = The issue I was having with the door getting stuck

Attachments

DoorIssue001.JPG
      91.3 KB · Views: 23
      DoorIssue002.JPG
      50.9 KB · Views: 20
      DoorIssue003.JPG
      84.3 KB · Views: 20