• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doraemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Your thoughts on the manga series Doraemon?
    Honestly, I myself think its quite entertaining, the first few episodes were hilarious.

Years
    I have not read it and only seen a tiny bit of the show, but from what I can tell it's something I would have liked as a little kid. Fun and silly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I havent read the Manga but I ve seen a few glimpses of the show in Spanish xD, andread an article about the show though . I have also a little squeeze figure Doraemon which is ultra cute ^^

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The manga is surprisingly dark humored at times.
    Like when Doraemon tells Nobita, "Hey it's easy. Just delete those that are in your way. Why not make the world a better place to live?"

When taken out of context, that sounds like something out of Death Note.

But then, the anime is light and nice, perfect afternoon break anime.
    Still, I was bothered when they changed the VAs of all the characters in 2005.

Years
    I used to read the Doraemon manga a ton when I was in Vietnam; pretty much all the art that I drew then were related to either Doraemon or Detective Conan. I haven't seen much of the anime at all, since there are really no place I know of that shows them. However, they look quaint from the various peaks I have seen. Overall...I like Doraemon.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Doraemon is awesome!!! I've never watched the anime, but I've read quite a few volumes of Doraemon in English. They're very fun to read.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Awesome, I never knew there was an anime of Doraemon.
    I gotta check it out XD

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I have the first 10 volumes in Japanese in my room.

I was rather amazed about how dark some of the humour is. Like when Doraemon gives Nobita Peco Peco Grasshopper, and one of his friends tries to hang himself and talks about how he wants to die.

That's a pretty old manga. From the 70's, IIRC. Love it, though. What's everyone's favourite gadget?

For me, that'd be...I think Time Furoshiki is pretty cool. >:3

Oh, and I want the study pan bread that Nobita eats to learn all his math that he didn't study. :3 Then I'd be a frackin' genius.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    This brings back childhood memories. :D
    Doraemon is pretty much what I watched when I was like 5 or 6, seeing as it also aired everyday.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    The animation was too simple for me. But at least the manga art's not so bad

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Curious, why hasn't this been aired in the US yet? It's insanely popular almost everywhere except the English-speaking world.
    I assume too much Japanese lifestyle stuff to be understood by a young American audience?

Strange how there are bilingual versions of the manga by Shogakukan though.
    If they brought that over to the states with footnotes, it'll definitely find readership.

Back