• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do's & Dont's of Daily Life

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
  • Well, the point of this thread is to discuss do and dont's.
    What I mean by this is, you can post something that you've done that you don't think anyone else should do, or post something you've done and think is suitable to do.
    This is basically like learning from the mistakes of someone else...

Setting it out like this would be appreciated:

Do or Don't? - (Choose)
    What you did, and what you think - (Discuss)

You may discuss the above post or post your own.

Years
  • Do or Don't? Do
    What you did, and what you think Climbed a tall hill (it can be any hill as long as its big enough to tire you out). It was lovely. I think everyone should try it once in a while. It really took a lot out of me and I was feeling sick I was so puffed out. But that didn't last long, when I got down from the hill it really worked up an appetite. I was so thirsty though. Great chance to see some rarer wildlife and just really does you in good. And got a great view of all of Edinburgh. Arthurs Seat looked so tiny in comparison.

Yeah... couldn't really think of anything else. What one should or shouldn't do depends on their circumstances. You can give people advice which they can take on board, but there are people who I would reccomend not to chimb a big hill like that (e.g. medical reasons). Things I would recccomend people not to do because I had a bad experience with it might work out well for someone else.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Do or Don't? Do
    What you did, and what you think Give blood. You don't need all that liquid bubbling around your body, but everyday hundreds of people do and are going to suffer for it. You're pratically saving a life.
    And you get free coffee and biscuits after =D

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Do or Don't? Do
    What you did, and what you think: Trust people, if you don't - your life will never be the same.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • Do or Don't? - Don't
    What you did, and what you think - Never eat things you find in the floor. Seriously. I found a pink Nerd, my favorite flavor...ate it, thought my teeth were gonna shatter. I have no idea how long it was there. Just don't do it.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I forgot to give one didn't I?

Do or Dont? - Dont.
    What did you do, and what do you think - Never take your friends for granted, a joke once in a while is enough, but doing to over and over to annoy them is plain stupid, I got my head smashed against a wall for doing that.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • Do or Don't? Don't

What you did, and what you think- Don't become mentally ill and become unable to go to high school...

Blech.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Do or Don't? Do
    What you did, and what you think Give blood. You don't need all that liquid bubbling around your body, but everyday hundreds of people do and are going to suffer for it. You're pratically saving a life.
    And you get free coffee and biscuits after =D

Omg...I want to give blood because of the free coffee and biscuits XD nah, just kidding. I've always wanted to give blood and it's one of my life ambitions but I don't have enough of my own. I bet it feels so good once you've just given blood, because of that thought you've just saved a life. One day I will give blood.

Do or Don't? Do
    What you did, and what you think: Look before you step out into the road. Nuff said :\

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Do or Don't? Don't
    What you did, and what you think: Not really gonna thoroughly describe what I did, but just don't have high expectations for anything that's coming up. That's one rule that you need to know. Never get your hopes, regardless of how good it may feel. You'll be rewarded; believe me.

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
  • Do or Don't? Don't
    What you did, and what you think: Not really gonna thoroughly describe what I did, but just don't have high expectations for anything that's coming up. That's one rule that you need to know. Never get your hopes, regardless of how good it may feel. You'll be rewarded; believe me.

I totally agree with you. Unluckily, I learnt that the bad way.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Gonna post two here for the sake of emphasizing my own stupidity.

Do or Don't? Don't
    What you did, and what you think Procrastinate. Even if it's "I'll just put off doing this easy assignment to do a harder one," if you think about it, do it and get it out of the way. Otherwise, before you know it, the deadline's right there, and your project is only a third finished and crappy at that.

Do or Don't? Don't
    What you did, and what you think Letting important messages go unnoticed. Even if you think a message you're given is not important, open it anyway. Four times out of five, it's something you want to read for one reason or another. Reading everything you're given in general (like instructions) is always a good idea too.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • Do or Don't? - Don't
    What you did, and what you think - Stew over things that have happened in the past. What's done is done, and there's nothing you can do about it except embrace it and go from the point you're in now. Once you're able to let go and continue on with your life, you'll feel a lot better.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Do or Don't? - Don't
    What you did, and what you think - Let yourself get dehydrated. I did, and then I spent half of one of my trips to Six Flags in the medical unit and the rest of the week thriving off of gatorade and ice. It was not a pretty picture.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • lolz

Seems like we're getting alot of donts but no do's.
    So we end up knowing what not to do, but nothing on what to do...
    Has anyone seen the 100 things to do before you die list?

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • Do or Don't? Don't
    What you did, and what you think: go to south beach florida to the beach beatween I think 7th and 10th street. Its a topless beach.... really wrong...

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • Do or Don't? Don't
    What you did, and what you think: go to south beach florida to the beach beatween I think 7th and 10th street. Its a topless beach.... really wrong...

....I'll make a note of that address. :D:D

Do or Don't? Do

What you did, and what you think: be nice to recruits. Even the lamest complements from an NCO can boost the morale of these kids.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Do or Don't? - Don't
    What you did, and what you think - Don't wait to take your SATs/ACTs. Do it as soon as possible and get it over with

Back