• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dots's Sprite Showcase! ^^

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Wow, it looks even better with the pattern now!

It's a nice thing to know that my sprites are liked. I still would've preferred it if you guys gave me more constructive criticism though.

these are the best fakemon sprites ive seen if you do make a hack I do hope these are included

Thank you. ^^ And I'm probably making a game with those included. ^^

Wow, your sprites are really good! They look like they could actually be in one of the games! :)
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you lots, that's really sweet of you. ^^

Anyways, I've got an update. ^^

(??? and Scrabbit)

You guys remember this those guys? Well they were both tweaked to fit in with my newer sprites, but in the case of Scrabbit, the concept's been completely resprited. ^^

Here are the newer ones (=D) :

--->

(Old | New)

This guy was reshaded, since I liked his pose and didn't want to change it. I like it more now since it fits better with official sprites and the lines (especially at the joints connecting the legs to the body) look cleaner/smoother.

Since that wasn't much, we'll be moving on to Scrabbit. ^^

--->

(Old | New)

I feel like this has been a drastic improvement, and I'm really happy with how this turned out. The pose has been changed to reflect the sweet personality of this pokemon and to deviate from it's pre-evolution's pose. I've also done the shading in a simpler way. I'd really appreciate criticism/feedback on how to improve on this. ^^

So guys, that's the end of the update. I'd really really really like to hear what you guys think about this, so please try to include constructive criticism in your posts. xD

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Wow, the new Scrabbit is good. My only problem is the drop, Scrabbit's pose makes it look like it's leaping forward or balance leaning forward, so the paint dot should be (IMO) tilted a little more backwards.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Wow, the new Scrabbit is good. My only problem is the drop, Scrabbit's pose makes it look like it's leaping forward or balance leaning forward, so the paint dot should be (IMO) tilted a little more backwards.

Thanks. ^^

It's not leaping forward or leaning forward; the pose was supposed to look similar to a twirl. Also, would you please clarify what you mean by 'tilt the drop a little more backwards'?

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Leaning forward, okie dokie.

Well, just make the dot look like it's coming from an angle, anyway you want. Right now it just looks like it's falling straight down, which doesn't work with the pose IMO.

Years
    The new pose is quite nice. I like how it's holding its hands in. That gives it a little more personality. That foot seems to have lost all shading though. It's normal for the main part of a foot not to have shading if it's meant to look like it's further back, but even still I don't think it looks good with a completely black outline.

By the way, you've chosen some pleasing palettes for your sprites.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Leaning forward, okie dokie.

Well, just make the dot look like it's coming from an angle, anyway you want. Right now it just looks like it's falling straight down, which doesn't work with the pose IMO.

Hm ... I'll see to that in a few minutes and see if an edit is possible. ^^

The new pose is quite nice. I like how it's holding its hands in. That gives it a little more personality. That foot seems to have lost all shading though. It's normal for the main part of a foot not to have shading if it's meant to look like it's further back, but even still I don't think it looks good with a completely black outline.

By the way, you've chosen some pleasing palettes for your sprites.

Thanks. ^^

For the foot, you're right, it does stick out. I'll be editing the sprite and reposting it then. ^^ I'm glad you like the palettes too, although not all of them are made by me.

A few minutes later ...

Edited! I've fixed the drop and added details to the foot. Is it better now, Scarf and Gol?

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Yeah, It looks great now!

I'm glad that after two days, no real issues have come up and that you guys like it. Yays~

So let me check what I still have on my checklist.

~ The Polka-Dot Checklist (xD) ~

1 - Re-Sprite Grass Starter (now named Cleri) Done!
    2 - Revise ???'s Sprite Done!
    3 - Re-Sprite Scrabbit Done!
    4 - Re-Sprite Larpau (formerly Taupille) Done!
    5 - Revise Chrysil's Sprite Done!
    6 - Re-Sprite Pierollon Done!
    7 - Revise Weebull's Sprite Done!
    (As of ~Monday, May 24 2010~, everything mentioned in the checklist had been finished)

And apparently, I've still got three more things to do before moving on to spriting the new concepts I've got in mind (namely Cloble, Clorince, Clorincess, Dandecub, Dandeleo, and Kissedy).

Onto work. I think there's going to be some time for an edit. ^^

[EDIT]

I managed to find some time to take a look at Chrysil and resprite Pierrollon.

I've revised Chrysil's sprite, but it's not that big of an update, since the only changes where in simplifying the shading and fixing a few outline errors. It's a sprite that, as Scarf noted before, was one of the best I've made, even though it's a really simple concept.

--->

(Old | New)

Barely noticeable change, huh? xD

As for Pierrollon, I'm going to need some sort of push to how I should start. The current problem is that I really like how the pose turned out in the beginning, but I have to change it to make it more left-oriented. I still want to keep the folding of the legs though, so I'd appreciate it if someone would point out how I could rotate the body slightly while keeping the same pose for the legs, in order to keep the look of grace and flexibility. I've tried it do many times already, but I only end up with bulky, non proportionate, non slender legs.

Here's the current, in-need-of-editing sprite. I hope I didn't sound so confusing earlier as I'd really like some suggestions.

(Pierrollon, the Rhythmic Pokémon)

Help is appreciated! Also, checklist above was updated. =D

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
    As for Pierrollon, I'm going to need some sort of push to how I should start. The current problem is that I really like how the pose turned out in the beginning, but I have to change it to make it more left-oriented. I still want to keep the folding of the legs though, so I'd appreciate it if someone would point out how I could rotate the body slightly while keeping the same pose for the legs, in order to keep the look of grace and flexibility. I've tried it do many times already, but I only end up with bulky, non proportionate, non slender legs.

Here's the current, in-need-of-editing sprite. I hope I didn't sound so confusing earlier as I'd really like some suggestions.

(Pierrollon, the Rhythmic Pokémon)

Help is appreciated! Also, checklist above was updated. =D

The best advice I could probably offer is to use Roselia/Roserade as examples, since they are usually shown with their legs crossed while facing the correct direction.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Larpau is adorable, it's exactly the type I'd want to catch! <3
    Great work with the rest, too!

Yay! Larpau's first fan. xD

The best advice I could probably offer is to use Roselia/Roserade as examples, since they are usually shown with their legs crossed while facing the correct direction.

You're right! I can't believe I forgot about that, especially since I've got a Roselia in Ruby and Roserade in Platinum.
    Thank you so much for the tip! ^^

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Update! ^^

I've re-sprited Pierrollon, and as noted before, fixed his orientation and size. I like the new version a lot because I've fixed its proportions and because it actually looks like an evolution. So without any further delay ...

--->

(Old | New)

I've also revised Weebull's sprite, and I'm really fond of it, so no edits are going to be made there. That means I'll be moving on to new concepts. Hooray! ^^
    I'd like to hear suggestions on how to improve from you guys, so don't forget to leave feedback and constructive criticism.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    Brilliant, just brilliant keep up the good work Dot.
    I absolutely love the new Pierrollon

Oh Dots you know for a poses of Clorince and Clorincess, I would use Gardevoir and Galade as reference, as they am basically the same size

Last edited:

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Brilliant, just brilliant keep up the good work Dot.
    I absolutely love the new Pierrollon

Oh Dots you know for a poses of Clorince and Clorincess, I would use Gardevoir and Galade as reference, as they am basically the same size

Thanks. ^^ I'm glad you like my work.

Hm ... I was actually thinking about something similar, but the main problem is that for poses, Clorince and Clorincess have a somewhat careless nature, as opposed to Gallade and Gardevoir's serious one. I'll probably be using them for size reference though.

Years
    You definitely improved the pose. That arm is still a bit funny with such a round curve. And since you darkened the wings the contrast between them and the arms has gone down and the arms don't stand out as much as they did before.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    You definitely improved the pose. That arm is still a bit funny with such a round curve. And since you darkened the wings the contrast between them and the arms has gone down and the arms don't stand out as much as they did before.

For the curved arm, it's part of the design. Pierrollon are supposed to have flexible limbs to make graceful movements easier for them.
    And for the contrast bit, I don't get it, is it a good thing or a bad thing to have in a sprite? I actually liked Pierrollon more when I darkened it, so I don't know how to respond to this now.

Thanks for the criticism Scarf! ^^

~ Edit ~

So, I had some time, but I was too bored to sprite a new concept. The result of this boredom was a cute Larpau OW, and I'm pretty proud of how the end result looked. Beware though, I'm not so good at animating so any pointers about that would be appreciated. ^^

Larpau, the Worm Pokémon
    (Not for Public Use)

This guy is the first time I've ever made an over-world, and it was fun without taking a lot of time to make. Expect more of this the next time I'm bored. =D
    All tips on how to improve it are welcome! ^^

Last edited:

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Still bored ...

As a result, another over-world has been born ... er ... made. This time it's Pierrollon, since I seem to like that one a lot.

Pierrollon, the Rhythmic Pokémon
    (Not for Public Use)

Man the designs on the wings were hard, but I like how the final version looks. Even though it's small, it doesn't lack any detail featured in the sprite, and I'm pretty pround of this achievement. ^^ I'm getting better at this every time I make something.
    So you'll probably be seeing Chrysil the next time I'm bored. I might have the energy to sprite something new sometime later, so an edit to this post should be expected.
    I'll probably be spriting Luvdisc's pre-evolution, since I don't feel I have the energy required to make something more complex. -.-

~ Edit ~

I'm finished with Luvid (Baby Luvdisc)!
    There's one tiny problem though, and that's photobucket not showing up properly on the browser window. I would've loved to post the sprite with the pokedex information in order to receive criticism and feedback, but uploading issues have to come up now. So, hopefully, I'll be able to upload it tomorrow if the site is working by then. T^T

In the meantime, why not comment on the OW's I made? I'd like it if I get any comments about improving them.

~ The Next Day: Update ~

Guys, you let me down. No posts for a whole day? Two consecutive posts without any comment? That's cruel.

Enough whining now, I've got an update to show everyone since this time photobucket actually worked. Introducing Luvid, the most likely penultimate baby that's going to be featured in my region. ^^ This sprite is so simplistic, yet I find it so adorable and pokemon-ish.

An entry has been added to the ever-growing Pokédex!

#??? - Luvid
    Water

Lighthearted Pokémon
    ~ Luvid --
    -> Luvdisc ~
    ~ Luvid <-(No Picture)-- Luvdisc ~
    (breed with Romance Incense attached)
    ~
    LUVID are highly regarded as happy-go-lucky
    POKÉMON
    because of their often absentminded nature. They are
    rarely troubled and as such, usually have the patience
    to soothe other, unluckier POKÉMON.​

Before any of you comment about this, I know it's not facing the bottom left corner, and the reason here is because I wanted to portray it's distracted nature, so please don't say that it's not proper or any of that talk.
    On the sprite itself, I had a lot of fun doodling the original idea while I was supposed to be paying attention in Science class. It was even more enjoyable when I sprited it. I hope I receive positive comments on this one, although I wouldn't mind it if I receive criticism because feedback is my main motive.

Name Origin:

Luvid - (the 'Love/Luv' from Luvdisc and Cupid, could also be considered a play on the word 'Loved')

Concept Design:

As I mentioned above, it started life as a small heart on my Science Workbook. The heart then got lips where the dent was, eyes, and a visible cheek, which was followed by giving its more natural appearance. It also has a similar structure to an non-mature fish.

And that's it, I hope I receive criticism this time. ^^

Last edited:

MaikeruS

Umbreon
    Years
    Very cool! you are good at sprites! are you making a full fakedex? if you are, that would be sweet!

Back