• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dots's Sprite Showcase! ^^

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Hmm, the name for this 1 is hard :~
    Maybe:
    Farfowl (Farfetched and Fowl)
    Sparrowl (Sparrow and Fowl)
    Murkling (Murky and Duckling)
    Hawkling (Hawk and Duckling)
    Herrowl (Herring(or herron i dunno how to spell it) and Fowl)
    Chickling (Chick and Duckling)
    Cockerowl (Cockeral and Fowl)

How about Puddill (Puddle and A Birds BILL)
    I thought it sounded cute

I thought of a better name for Kissedy,
    How about Sirenade (Siren and Serenade)
    I made a description for it:
    Sirenades voice can be hypnotic to both Human's and POKEMON alike,
    when in battle the pitch of it's voice rises so high that it can shatter ice and even
    rock.

You know, I'm not even considering the names you've suggestion mainly because of the last one. I just lost all respect I had for you, and unless you find an excuse for that (which I find unlikely to happen), I don't know if I'll ever consider you seriously again.

Deidara-Fuuka's one of my favorite fakemon concept designers, and I seem to remember that he had a Jynx Evolution right here, and it seems to be that you have the exact same name and description for the same concept, one that has been done by him. I call that plagiarism, and it's not very likely that you just happened to think of that name or the description, because I also found a Pryncice (a name you suggested earlier) here, right on DeviantArt.

***​

What about Bobill? As in bobbing up and down (like a floatation device) and bill (as in duck bill). It's also a pun on the word bobble.

Ok, so a Duckling. hmm. Which looks like an Egg, and has a ring.

Dringel - D from duck + Ring then el to add a smooth soung too it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, here's the review:

Suggestion(s) by Colbex:

~ Bobill -

Well it's true that I like it, but I don't find it so suitable for Mr. Duckling here. I think a more simple, yet appealing name could solve this little problem with naming. Give it another try and we'll see if you manage to find a better one. ^^

Suggestion(s) by PokemonSkySD:

~ Dringel -

I like the ring (no pun intended) it has, and it sounds cute. The main problem that I have with it is that it's too heavy. Maybe a simpler play on words can solve this issue? I'd like to hear more suggestions from you, so give it another try. ^^

~​

Thanks for trying guys! I really appreciate your efforts into helping me here! It's true that while I didn't pick any of those two, it's not impossible to find the suitable name, so give it your best for another try! ^^

***​

That is some nice Pokemon!

And that is such a nice comment ... if only you bothered to put in more in your post. -.-

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Well, this might be a better name for the middle evolution than the duckling, but I thought of Aquack, from aqua + quack. Or you could use Quackling (quack + duckling) or Ponduck (pond + duck, although again, this would probably fit an evolution better).

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I do kind've like the guy who you lost respect for's idea of Farfowl, though chances are it's plagiarized. Have you ever considered making him a split evolution of Farfetch'd and the other type? (Swan I believe you said?) Like, either based on personality value, or if ____ is holding a leek, it will evolve into Farfetch'd? XD

Best I came up with was:

Anatidae + Marine = Anatine or Maridae? (Anatidae is the species name of ducks, whereas, they are Marine life.)

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • o-o naming is a challenge... I accept thy challenge in the name of SPARTA!!!!

Anywho... o-o
    -Laloon - (Lagoon + Loon (a species very similar to ducks)
    -Toddle - (Toddler + Waddle)
    -Lagoose - (Lagoon + Goose)
    -Cooti - (Coot, pun on Cutie)
    -Bubbay - (Bubble, Baby, and/or Bay)

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Hi Dots, I'm new on Pokecommunity and I think your sprites are the best on here :D
    I've got a few suggestions for the un-named bird pokemon;
    Flochick (Float and Chick)
    Floddle (Float and Waddle)
    Swaddle (Swan and Waddle)
    Pondot (Pond and Tot or Pond and Dot)
    Wartot (Water(swapped letters around) and Tot)
    Paddill (Paddle and Bill (swapped D for D)(Play on word of Paddle)

And maybe for an evolution
    Torrult (Torrent and Adult)
    Currult (Current and Adult)
    Tsunerent (Tsunami and Parent)
    Shorlenger (Shore and Teenager)

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2018
    The fat duckling thing should be called fatuck which evolves into psyduck!

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    I do kind've like the guy who you lost respect for's idea of Farfowl, though chances are it's plagiarized. Have you ever considered making him a split evolution of Farfetch'd and the other type? (Swan I believe you said?) Like, either based on personality value, or if ____ is holding a leek, it will evolve into Farfetch'd? XD

Hm ... I'm already facing a problem with split evolutions in my region because I have a bunch already. The official games usually have a small number of split evolutions to make them rare and more sought by others. In my opinion though, I don't think Farfetch'd needs a pre-evo, since it already has below average stats and a very basic moveset (correct me if I'm wrong). An evolution would suit it better.
    However, I might consider your suggestion as it seems pretty nifty to have in a game. Also, the evolution for Mr. Soon-to-be-Named Duckling is based on a duck, since there are so many duckling/swan pokemon made by others. ;D

***​

Well, this might be a better name for the middle evolution than the duckling, but I thought of Aquack, from aqua + quack. Or you could use Quackling (quack + duckling) or Ponduck (pond + duck, although again, this would probably fit an evolution better).

Thanks for the suggestions Cyberglass, but I can't pick a name for the evolution before finalizing it's design; that's why I'm going to keep Aquack and Ponduck on hold until I'm done spriting it.

Best I came up with was:

Anatidae + Marine = Anatine or Maridae? (Anatidae is the species name of ducks, whereas, they are Marine life.)

I love those names. There's one problem within them though, and that's because they're too complex for my basic-stage duckling. Like I mentioned in my reply to Cyberglass, I'll be putting those two names on hold until I finalize the evolution's design(s).

o-o naming is a challenge... I accept thy challenge in the name of SPARTA!!!!

Anywho... o-o
    -Laloon - (Lagoon + Loon (a species very similar to ducks)
    -Toddle - (Toddler + Waddle)
    -Lagoose - (Lagoon + Goose)
    -Cooti - (Coot, pun on Cutie)
    -Bubbay - (Bubble, Baby, and/or Bay)

No comment about the names here, they all suit a basic stage. Nice Work! *thumbs up*

Hi Dots, I'm new on Pokecommunity and I think your sprites are the best on here :D
    I've got a few suggestions for the un-named bird pokemon;
    Flochick (Float and Chick)
    Floddle (Float and Waddle)
    Swaddle (Swan and Waddle)
    Pondot (Pond and Tot or Pond and Dot)
    Wartot (Water(swapped letters around) and Tot)
    Paddill (Paddle and Bill (swapped D for D)(Play on word of Paddle)

And maybe for an evolution
    Torrult (Torrent and Adult)
    Currult (Current and Adult)
    Tsunerent (Tsunami and Parent)
    Shorlenger (Shore and Teenager)

You've got a pretty long list there. =D I can't judge the ones for the evolution at this time though, so we'll have to wait until I'm finished spriting it. ^^'

***​

Cyberglass's Suggestion(s):

~ Quackling -

It's adorable, but it's too long for my preferences. A simpler, more effective name might have worked with those words. There's still a chance for winning though, since you have two names on hold. ^^

Colbex's Suggestion(s):

~ Laloon and Lagoose -

It's a duckling ... end of story. I'm sorry to say, but those two names don't fit with the criteria even though I like the pun in the first one and the beat of the second. ^^

~ Cooti -

I like it, but it's not a winner because I don't find it so appealing or striking. T^T

~ Bubbay -

Nice pun on the words; however, it's too long and I don't think it suits a pokemon species name. Sorry ...

~ Toddle -

I really like this one. ^^ It's a pun on words but it still stand alone as a proper word. It also has the right ring/beat for this pokemon. ^^

Rhy-rhy's Suggestion(s):

~ Swaddle -

I can't use 'swan' in a duckling pokemon's name. =(

~ Flochick and Floddle -

I'm not such a big fan of those, even though I like them. I guess having Floatzel (did I spell it correctly?) around with a similar typing contributes to that.

~ Pondot -

I love it. Only problem is that it sounds more like 'pun dot' than 'pond-ot', I still like how my username is included though. ^^

~ Wartot -

Again, existing pokemon are bothering me. Why must Squirtle's evolution be called a similar name: Wartortle. T^T

~ Paddil -

I like that. It sounds sweet and fitting for a pokemon. ^^

***​

And the winner is ...

. . . TODDLE! (This was a little obvious ... right?)

Actually, it wasn't. I was stuck between Paddil and Toddle and it seemed like a tie, so I just picked the one that sounded softer. No harsh feelings anyone, okay ... ? I'm sure you'll all get a chance later on. ^^

(Toddle, the Duckling Pokémon)

There's no real reason why I picked the name ... I just happened to like it and all. It's adorable and it suits the concept perfectly in my opinion. ^^ Also, you're deserving of a sprite Colbex, so send me the request as a PM, and I'll see what I can do. I just want to let you know that I'm still not done with PokemonSkySD's request though, and I'm currently in the middle of the final exams, so there's going to be a little delay. T^T

***​

I can't believe I neglected to post in my thread for four days. It has to be the pressure from the finals that prevented me from writing this lengthy post. Do forgive me guys, okay? ^^

***​

Oh and by the way:

The fat duckling thing should be called fatuck which evolves into psyduck!

I am so ignoring your post Bzhuan.

***​

And I guess that's all for now. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    I was thinking of an evolution design for Toddle; how about a Large Dove Pokemon??

And if you need a new name for Kissedy, how about:
    (Drum Roll Please...)

SERIENE (Pun on the word Serene and also made up of the words Serenade and Queen)

I thought of a description to:
    Seriene, the Ice Maiden Pokemon/ Seriene, the Ice Witch
    Seriene huddle together in groups, they murmur incantations and chants.
    They are said to be able to seduce People and Pokemon alike with their good looks..

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    I was thinking of an evolution design for Toddle; how about a Large Dove Pokemon??

And if you need a new name for Kissedy, how about:
    (Drum Roll Please...)

SERIENE (Pun on the word Serene and also made up of the words Serenade and Queen)

I thought of a description to:
    Seriene, the Ice Maiden Pokemon/ Seriene, the Ice Witch
    Seriene huddle together in groups, they murmur incantations and chants.
    They are said to be able to seduce People and Pokemon alike with their good looks..

I thank you for trying, but I honestly don't need help with this pokemon in this stage of development. I might consider this later on though.

Aw, Toddle looks cute. He looks like a little acorn. <3

That made me smile, thanks for your comment. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Hi Dots :D
    I was looking at your sprites (as I normally do), and the Luvid sprite, made me think something was wrong with it.
    I think it's because it's to do an pre-evo for luvdisc as it's quite small anyways.
    So i was thinking why don't you change it to and evo instead.

Something that would be easier to sprite (Valendisc for an example could be a name)

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Hi Dots :D
    I was looking at your sprites (as I normally do), and the Luvid sprite, made me think something was wrong with it.
    I think it's because it's to do an pre-evo for luvdisc as it's quite small anyways.
    So i was thinking why don't you change it to and evo instead.

Something that would be easier to sprite (Valendisc for an example could be a name)

I love Luvid, and I don't have the heart to remove him; however, there is going to be an evolution for Luvdisc in my region (named Luvalin). I just haven't sprited her yet. ^^'

Years
  • You make great Baby and basic Fakemon, but I noticed I don't see alot of evolutions. I'd like to see some evolutions though or a fakemon that is tough looking. :/

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    You make great Baby and basic Fakemon, but I noticed I don't see alot of evolutions. I'd like to see some evolutions though or a fakemon that is tough looking. :/

Thanks for the compliment. I'm happy that I'm actually making progress. ^^

Well, as for evolutions, Clorince/Clorincess are coming up soon once I get over my artist block. T^T
    Kissedy is also around the corner. Honestly speaking, I find it hard to come up with an interesting design for an evolution while keeping it pokemon-like in nature. There's the fact that whatever I sprite comes out small too. -.-

And a tough looking pokemon ... ? I don't know when that sort of pokemon would come up in my thread, so it's probably when my cute ideas run out (and that's not really likely to happen) or when I feel bored with smiley faces. xD

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
  • Chrysil and Pierrollon are superb. I can't really improve on them.

Chleri: Although an interesting angle, it feels like we're looking from the top. I think try changing the perspective to look from the front, much like your other sprites.

Cloble: Very good but look at the legs. On the right side of both legs, the colour of the line art is a bit weird. It seems jagged. Keep it all black.

Larpua: I don't know what bugs me about this one (oh gosh that was a bad joke). I think maybe the line art isn't dark enough or there's something missing. Maybe change the pallet.

That's all from me. Your spriting is fantastic, keep up the great work.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Chrysil and Pierrollon are superb. I can't really improve on them.

Thanks, I'm happy to hear that. ^^

Chleri: Although an interesting angle, it feels like we're looking from the top. I think try changing the perspective to look from the front, much like your other sprites.

Cleri ... ?

After looking at it properly, I think I can see what you mean. This isn't a really big issue since Cleri is relatively one of my older sprites, but I'll try to get around to fixing it when I get the chance. ^^

Cloble: Very good but look at the legs. On the right side of both legs, the colour of the line art is a bit weird. It seems jagged. Keep it all black.

*rushes to edit Cloble*

A few minutes later ... Edit ~

--->

(Old > New)

Any better now? Thanks for pointing that little mistake out. ^^

Larpua: I don't know what bugs me about this one (oh gosh that was a bad joke). I think maybe the line art isn't dark enough or there's something missing. Maybe change the pallet.

I dunno. Larpau does bug me a bit (... lame pun wins ... ) sometimes, but I'm just going to leave him as he is now. If I focus too much on my old sprites I wouldn't have time to sprite new concepts.

... which reminds me ...

That's all from me. Your spriting is fantastic, keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback. It's posts like this that make me better, and it's nice to know that this thread is pretty abundant with them. ^^

I've noticed that I've neglected this thread a little with the summer vacation popping up and all. Meh ... I've already got Clorincess finished, but I'm not so happy about how she turned out in pixels. She looked beter in my head.

I've got another concept finished too, so I'll probably update this thread with it after I finish tweaking it a little. ^^

Back