• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double Battles

Years
  • Double battling was first introduced in Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby versions. Ever since then, it has been in every version after.

What are your thoughts on Double Battling? Do you like it? Do you find it annoying?

I love Double Battling, its pretty fun. I wish there was another Gym that had two leaders. (Like Tate and Liza of Hoenn)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    What are your thoughts on Double Battling? Do you like it? Do you find it annoying?

I think that its pretty good, yup, sometimes when I forget to put the right Pokemon in the right place ><

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Double battles were an absolute Godsend for me. Every time I battled my brother we would each keep switching Pokémon for type advantage and so NOTHING got done. Once double battles came along we were actually able to finish a battle without getting very very bored. :)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I thought Double Battles were an interesting addition to the game, and while I think Triple Battles may be pushing it, I'll probably still like it. XD

The only thing I find annoying is the changes they put in DPPt. Most notably the fact that Surf hits your partner now, and that new Pokémon are sent in at the end of a turn, as opposed to when once something else faints.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011

I like it,its very fun and cool to see 4 Pokemon battling at the same time.
    when I first heard about it I was like "Man,that sounds awesome!" and I was right.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love it. I get mad if I mess up trying to trigger a double battle in Emerald, haha. They're just a lot of fun, and it's something I really loved Colosseum and XD for.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Double battles are much more fun than single battles imo. You're forced to think more creatively and strategically. :P

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • Double battles are my favorite aspect of the game. And Triple Battles sound like they'll be nuts, which makes me excited for them.

NOW I WANT QUADRUPLE BATTLES! jk

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Right now, my main competitive team is set up for double battles, because I tend to favor them. I like the idea of having to plan more carefully (you can't just randomly reel off Surf and Earthquake anymore because your partner also gets hit) and making use of moves that would be overlooked in single battles.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Right now, my main competitive team is set up for double battles, because I tend to favor them. I like the idea of having to plan more carefully (you can't just randomly reel off Surf and Earthquake anymore because your partner also gets hit) and making use of moves that would be overlooked in single battles.
    You can if you have a Vaporeon or Flying/Levitating Pokemon.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I liked the double battling in Colosseum since all of the battles in the game were double, but in the other games I didn't really like it that much, mainly because I always focused on one pokemon so my other pokemon weren't that strong until I trained them after finishing the game, it didn't bother me much though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Oh, I only wish it had been introduced sooner. It has become one of my favorite parts of the series.

Years
  • I like that you need to use a little more strategy when fighting double battles. Ever since Team Rocket sent out Koffing and Ekans, I thought that you should be able to have 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. in the games.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I prefer doubles, I just find them more fun and less tedious when it comes to bumping up Exp for weaker pokemon. If you switch in and out a weak pokemon that also has exp share in a double battle, it gets loads of points. Makes training so easy. :)

Back