• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Double evolvtion

Years
  • I was just wondering has anyone been lucky enough to have two of their pokemon evolve back to back. My Starly and Chimchar evolved after I fought Commander Mars in Plat. I've been playing pokemon since it came out and this had never happened to me. Pretty cool

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Lol. It's never happened to me that I can remember. Which is odd really, considering how much I play Pokemon.

Years
  • That's what I said...Actually I kinda forced it to see what would happen the moment I realize that if I played the battle right both of them would level up

Years
  • I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Most recent was when I was just randomly leveling up Pokemon using the exp. share so I could complete the Pokedex. After a battle, next thing I knew was that my Ponyta, Slowpoke, and Natu all evolved at once. Pretty awesome.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • That could be quite hard. If it was five, you could get a team of Caterpies and retreat battle them against someone powerful. But for a full team, you'd have to calculate it just right.

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Come to think of it, in all my years of playing the games, I've never had two Pokemon evolve at once. XD

Years
  • yeah I know...either if I do six or two I gotta do it again. It was so enjoyable......ya'll should have saw me trying to force it when I realize it was possible. I replayed the battle like 15 times

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Oh, yeah, it's sure happened to me before. I double battle a lot, so my Pokemon level up together a lot, so they evolve together.

Years
  • well thats one way to get it done...but doesn't the daycare work where for every step you take you get 1 EXP for the pokemon in it...if thats true than getting a six evolution might not be that hard.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i don't think it's ever happened to me. i don't mind though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It recently happened to me. I had a traded Grovyle and Prinplup, when i got gym badge no.4 i trained them from lv.30 upwards, and they both hit lv.36 against two ace trainers nr. Celestic Town

Years
  • I was just wondering has anyone been lucky enough to have two of their pokemon evolve back to back. My Starly and Chimchar evolved after I fought Commander Mars in Plat. I've been playing pokemon since it came out and this had never happened to me. Pretty cool

Oh....well.... I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, but I don't think that's EVER happened to me.

I've shamed my generation. *headdesk* lol

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Actually I once set it up so that all six of my Pokemon needed like 12EXP to level up and would then evolve so one stupid Bibarel gave me six evolutions at once :D how cool is that?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    It happened to me on accident once way back in Crystal. I was training Chansey and some Swinub or something in the E4 and it happened. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

What I really want to know is: What would happen if:

In a double battle, you have Pikachu and Bidoof on the field, both have 4 moves.

Bidoof uses Tackle, Pikachu uses T-shock.

Pikachu kills something, Bidoof gains a level, it tries to learn a new attack, you get rid of Tackle...

What happens now??? =O

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • It happened to me on accident once way back in Crystal. I was training Chansey and some Swinub or something in the E4 and it happened. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

What I really want to know is: What would happen if:

In a double battle, you have Pikachu and Bidoof on the field, both have 4 moves.

Bidoof uses Tackle, Pikachu uses T-shock.

Pikachu kills something, Bidoof gains a level, it tries to learn a new attack, you get rid of Tackle...

What happens now??? =O

It learns the new attack instead of Tackle obviously.

Back