• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Double Pokemon Challenge G/S/C

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Bassface, those moves are not good.

For Typhlosion go for:
    Sunny Day
    Flamethrower [or Fireblast]
    Thunderpunch
    Substitute.

Sunny Day up at the beginning then let all hell lose :]

As for Ampharos,
    Thunderpunch [You've got that, good :]]
    Thunderwave [You've got that good :]]
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Uh... rather than Substitute or Focus Punch on Ampharos... why not Fire Punch? Also Rain Dance/Thunder option if Typhlosion is going to have Sunny Day... since Rain is only a problem if Typhlosion doesn't have Sunny Day

Also... until Typhlosion learns/is taught Flamethrower... Fire Punch is a very good option... 10 extra base power over Flame Wheel in absolutely no time at all... just buy the TM
    Also Typhlosion could use Earthquake

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Well, I've once again made it to Red, however with a Fire type and a Ground type I'm getting owned by Blastoise big time. So I'm going to train so more.

Caim Lvl 63 Arcanine
    -Bite
    -Extreme Speed
    -Flamethrower
    -Swift

Baki Lvl 65 Marowak
    -Bone Rush
    -False Swipe
    -Bomerang
    -Strength

False Swipe was for catching other Marowaks/Cubones to get a Thick Club. I ended up catching 9 Marowaks and 23 Cubones before actually getting one.

Years
    Bassface, those moves are not good.

For Typhlosion go for:
    Sunny Day
    Flamethrower [or Fireblast]
    Thunderpunch
    Substitute.

Sunny Day up at the beginning then let all hell lose :]

As for Ampharos,
    Thunderpunch [You've got that, good :]]
    Thunderwave [You've got that good :]]
    Focus Punch
    Substitute

Good suggestions. I agree, the movesets I'm using right now aren't that great, but I will eventually be getting rid of some of the worse moves. I have a feeling I'll be needing better moves to take on the Elite Four.

Typhlosion:
    Sunny Day - Good suggestion, I may use this.
    Flamethrower - Definitely; when she reaches the required level to learn this move, it'll be overwriting Flame Wheel. I like this move more than Fire Blast, because it's more accurate and has more PP.
    Thunderpunch - I will most likely be using Earthquake instead of this. I considered this move, but since my other Pokemon is an Electric-type that has this move already, I don't think it's needed on Typhlosion.
    Substitute - I don't think there is any way for Typhlosion to learn this move, actually. It was a TM in the first generation, but in the second generation, TM50 was replaced with Nightmare.
    I may consider keeping Attract in this slot, as it's proved to be very useful throughout most of the game. One move I've really liked on Typhlosion is Rest (also Sleep Talk, but I don't think I'll have room for it on this moveset).

Ampharos:
    Thunderpunch - Definitely staying, unless I can somehow replace it with Thunderbolt.
    Thunder Wave - Definitely staying.
    Focus Punch - This move is actually only found in Gen III and up... :( I was considering Fire Punch, but since I already have a Fire-type on my team, it may not be necessary.
    Substitute - I don't think Ampharos can actually learn this, since it's not a TM in this game. I like the Rain Dance idea suggested; however, I'd only be teaching Ampharos this move if he also knew Thunder (which he will learn through level-up eventually).

Sadly, Ampharos's moveset is a bit on the limited side in the second generation. :(

Thank you for the suggestions - they'll definitely be helpful in planning out my team's final movesets.

Yeah Typlosion have not the move sunnyday il think sunny was for Grass Pokemons?

Yes, Sunny Day is beneficial to Grass-types, since it allows Solarbeam to be used without charging, and doubles the healing power of moves such as Moonlight and Synthesis. It also benefits Fire-types since it increases the power of their moves by 50%, and weakens the power of water-type moves.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ugh, holy cow I'm really sorry everyone. I just got busy with real life stuff and my new RP...so I probably won't really run this anymore. If someone would like to take over, they can PM/VM me and we can talk about it. I see you guys've been doing great so far though XD

Back