• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double posts :I

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    A phenomenon that has most probably affected everybody on PC, at some point of another.
    How often do you double post? What are your opinions on them? Do you have one, or just not care?

And no, I did not intend to make this thread, but I had to improvise, okay!?
    Why U So Derpy, PC?!?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I really, really, really don't care. I mean, I'm surprised there's a thread asking about what our opinions are about double posting to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I accidentally might have possibly double posted a thread when PC was spasming, and had to change it. . .

Sirfetch’d

It's very annoying, but I just delete the second post. Not anything I will get too frustrated over.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    @The people remarking that they don't know why this thread exists
    Double posts :I

Read the OP.
    I like that gif way too much haha.

Anyway. It's a bit annoying, but nothing horrible. I just delete the second one. I occasionally miss them, but apparently some staff remove them for you, if you don't notice. Or at least Tabor does.

edit:
    Aaand people are still complaining about the thread. I'm refraining from saying something snarky because I don't want to risk working my way toward an infraction.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I think it is irritating when it happens, If I double post it is due my internet acting up.
    When I double post I will delete the second post.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I mean, honestly, I don't really care, even if I'm the one who makes them. At most, it gets a little annoying when I don't realize I've made one.

Also, going to edit the title, since it's the same as the other. =P VM/PM me if you have a better name in mind!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I get annoyed when it happens, it doesn't happen frequently, once or twice a month... but to me it only happens when ever I want to post and page takes too long to load, usually the "offline" message appears. Next time I check it says something like "double post has been automatically merged" in my mind: when did I double post? I don't remember.

Also happens when I try to post a message and my internet modem gets accidently uplugged, either by my cats or ferret being close to the modem and unplug something. Same message as before appears again "double post has been automatically merged", again I don't remember double posting - after I have reloaded the page again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I'm not actually sure I ever have accidently double posted, maybe I'm just lucky I guess. If I did get one I'd just laugh and delete it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I really, really, really don't care. I mean, I'm surprised there's a thread asking about what our opinions are about double posting to begin with.

I share this sentiment. There's a lot more things in life to worry about than double posting on a Pokemon forum.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I can only really remember one time where I double-posted and actually noticed it outside of the section I'm moderating, and well, it didn't bother me at all, I just reported it and went on with whatever I was doing :p It doesn't really happen anymore either though, since the server doesn't derp out as much as it used to (thank god for Audy!) But yeah, luckily most of the cases in which I've double-posted have been within PoC, so I've always been able to get rid of them myself anyways :p

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Double posts? Most of the time I don't really make them, but when I do, its another post and I am glad that it will merge with my earlier post.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I rarely double post in PC because usually I'm getting the message "You must wait 50 seconds to post" or some sort of it, and when I'm double posting, it's probably because my internet was too slow to response.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't really care. If there is anything that annoys me it's when people call me out on double-posting because PC did a spasm while I was posting and it double-posted as a result. It happens. It's not a big deal. Get over it. At least that is what I think whenever someone take time out of their day to mention such a thing haha.

Years
  • I make double posts in other forums where there aren't many restrictions about posting. And even in here if I do double post, whether it be on purpose or accident, it'll be merged so I don't really care.

Years
  • I'll usually only double post here if I usually encounter a server error, or if a topic dies.. I don't think I've seen myself make a double post here unless it was automatically merged except for in the T&I DCC just to keep it active.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Double-posting doesn't happen frequently, but when it does happen, it doesn't really matter. The posts will just get merged or I'll just delete the second post. Not a big deal, really.

Back