• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double Type Moves and Triple type Pokemon

Do you think we need double type attacks, and triple type pokemon?(answer to two)

• Yes, double type attacks would be good

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, double attacks would be too complicated(or for some other reason)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes, I'd love triple type pokemon

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • NO, it's already complicated enough with two types!(or some other reason)

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It would complicate things too much for younger players and would make pokemon a drag. Are there gonna be gym leaders who use two kinds of pokemon now? I think it is pretty realistic the way it is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    Nah, I think its a bad idea. If the game was that complicated, it wouldn't be fun. Really it seems kind of silly to me... why do we need more types? Its like putting all the colors of paint in a mix, you end up with a muddy mess, not a rainbow.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lol, it's complicated enough already trying to get used to attacks being a different type of special or physical. I'm not ready to start memorizing second and third Pokémon types and I'm eighteen. Think of the younger kids who play the games. XD;

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Nah, I think its a bad idea. If the game was that complicated, it wouldn't be fun. Really it seems kind of silly to me... why do we need more types? Its like putting all the colors of paint in a mix, you end up with a muddy mess, not a rainbow.

Not everything has to be shiny lights, and pretty rainbows, but you do got a point, double types moves are a little too advance to go into, and the strength's and weaknesses of pokemon would have to be relearned all of over again, instead of going with what we have.

Lol, it's complicated enough already trying to get used to attacks being a different type of special or physical. I'm not ready to start memorizing second and third Pokémon types and I'm eighteen. Think of the younger kids who play the games. XD;

Yes, we cant forget the young ones, oh the young ones, lol XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, I got into pokemon in third grade. I wouldn't have understood it if there were triple types and double-moves.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    If a single-type attack can do damage x4, it's kind of risky to grow that.

Imagine a Fire-Flying move (Fire Spin maybe) against a Bug/Grass Pokémon. It would do ridiculous damage, as well as a Fire-Fighting move against a Water-Poison Pokémon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yeah...when you start getting into using double attacks against double Pokémon with weaknesses and advantages all over the place...it'd get way too complicated. While Pokémon is simple enough for kids to get it, it's also already complicated enough for more mature players what with IV/EVs and such.

And that's not even considering the "triple type" suggested, either. :x

Xerion

Snap, Crack, Break!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Agreed. It's already hard with mixed types, I don't need mixed moves either.

-Xerion

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    I think it'd be cool to have a least one move that's a Water/Fire double type move. Something like it could be like Boil Wave and do damage with both types in the mix.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    umm, but water and fire oppose each other into making harmless steam. How would that make an effective double type move.

Back