• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Downton Abbey-inspired/20th Century Pokemon RP?

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022

As the title suggests, would anyone be interested in an RP taking place in the 20th Century?

It would be of a "Downton Abbey" setting, and in which the main characters are Pokemon, not humans. For those who aren't familiar with this British TV drama, Downton is about a family of aristocrats and their servants. They experience the change of aristocratic-ruled country, shifting into one that puts more focus on the common people. It turns a time of great prosperity into a time of great struggle. The wealthy have to learn to adapt to the changing lifestyle or lose all that they own.

The RP will start out at 1910 or 1911, where the royalty and nobles have power. The aristocracy have little to worry about, except for some small dramas within the servant's quarters, that is, until the year turns to 1914. An equivalent to World War I will break out, leaving the aristocrats with heavy responsibility. After this event, life for the people will not be the same, royalty and the commoners alike. As the years go on, more changes in culture will take place, and the RPers will show how these changes will affect the characters. The RP will end around 1927. Plus, about one real-life month will be equal to one year in the story.

There will be multiple family households, one representing each rank of nobility (Duke, Marquis, Lord, etc.). RPers will have to own at least one aristocrat and one servant of any household.

There are other ways to take part in the RP besides owning characters! We will need the assistance of historians, to aid in factual accuracy of the events during each time period, and stylists, who are knowledgable in the fashions, mannerisms, and other behaviors of people as the years change.

Personally, I'm super excited to make a RP like this, but I want to make sure my eagerness is shared c:

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • You know, I have said multiple times I wouldn't join more than the five I'm already in due to the committment it takes, but this is actualy enticing enough that I might break that rule. Granted, my participation wouldn't be overly intensive, but I would make every effort to post once a week. Put me down.

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    @[USER]Fennekin210[/USER]
    Wowie!! I'm so excited to hear that!
    In the RP, quantity of participation isn't as important as quality, so even if you post only once every couple weeks, that would be fine as long as they are posts that describe your characters well and follow along year events.
    Speaking of which, the RP will take place between years 1910-192x, and I think about one real-life month would be a year in the story. I'll probably need some historians to help keep track of important events!

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Commission me as your historian. I am quite knowledgeable in that regard. And yeah, don't worry about quality, I'm pretty good with that, especially if I get lots of time to juggle homework and the other RPs.

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Commission me as your historian. I am quite knowledgeable in that regard. And yeah, don't worry about quality, I'm pretty good with that, especially if I get lots of time to juggle homework and the other RPs.
    I wouldn't have doubted it! ^^

Out of curiosity, about how much have you studied the early 1900s, especially for Europe?

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Uhh...nothing too extensive. Basically, what I know of the early 20th century is World War I, the Roaring Twenties and the Great Depression. Which one of these three is more closer to the timing of your RP?
    (Sorry for the late response, I'm on vacation)

Back