• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 81 Discussion *Japanese Spoilers*

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Just thought I'd put this up early so we could have more discussion before the episode's airing on the 29th of May. Well, this episode's focus is on Ash's Chimchar and Paul appears yet again (3rd appearance in just seven episodes X_X).

Summary: Ash and Co. are running after Gligar who has been blown away by a gust, and promptly run into Paul. After a huge argument about their different ways of treating Pokémon, Ash challenges Paul to a battle...

Well, apparently, Gligar has a role in this episode as well (the blown away part must probably be at the start of the episode; where else?).

I got a strange feeling that Gligar is to evolve in this episode; what are you guys' thoughts on this?

Lash

Years
    Well, my first thought is that spoilers would work well in that post. Oh wait, about the episode?

I, for one, think it will be an action filled episode, despite the fact that its a battle of six foot tall Pokemon fighting power filled half pints. Since both Chimi and Gli both have a role..

Spoiler:

But, back to the spoiler subject at hand; If Paul even has Glis anymore. I wouldn't doubt it if he had another new Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    I'm not sure if it helps but in the opening of the anime, it shows Paul still with his Gliscor. This might mean that Paul still has Gliscor with him. Remember he did keep Weavile and Murkrow, despite him not being satisfied with the battles against Garchomp. Maybe he might not release Gliscor but send it back to his brother, who knows.

About Ash's Gligar evolving, as shown in a trailer for the 11th pokemon movie which is released later this year, it shows a Gliscor with Ash and the group. It could be Ash's Gligar having evolved. Whether Ash's Gligar is going to evolve in this mystery is unknown but it seems like it is going to evolve sometime before the release of the movie.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    By the Pastoria Gym Battle's airing (DP 83), the movie would have only had one month left. Plus, there might even be breaks in between. If they want to let Gligar evolve, this episode's their best bet. Any later might result in little screentime. Also, what about the Swinub Ash and co. are supposed to be getting?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I kinda seeing Gligar evolving here but I don't really see Chimchar taking much effect here. Still if Gligar does evolve it be one of those close to be defeated moments and then finally evolving to lose or win the fight. I kinda thinking that he may lose since this has been a VERY surprising season.

Still about time Gligar battles. I mean Ash has had him for like a long time but we haven't seen Gligar battle at all!!! About time!!!

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    By the Pastoria Gym Battle's airing (DP 83), the movie would have only had one month left. Plus, there might even be breaks in between. If they want to let Gligar evolve, this episode's their best bet. Any later might result in little screentime. Also, what about the Swinub Ash and co. are supposed to be getting?

Swinub??? I have a feeling Swinub is just part of the movie, probably belonging to a trainer, being Shaymin's friend, or just a scene of a wild pokemon. (Unless there's something I'm missing.)

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    What i'm hoping will happen is Ash kicking Gligar to the curb and replacing it with Charizard, but that will never happen so i'm pretty sure it'll just evolve.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Hmm... I saw a recent Movie 11 poster and Swniub is in there. Most likely it's gonna get captured by Ash and co. or otherwise, I can't really think of any other way it would appear.

Also, the trailer showed Swniub with the group's Pokémon. Surely that's a very obvious hint.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Swinub is probably going to be Dawn's since her friend did have three back at the hot springs.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Yeah, likely. Some people still think Brock has a chance of getting it too (because it's a Ground-type, and therefore closely related to Rock-types, which Brock supposedly specializes in), but I think it'll be with Dawn.

Besides, the position of Swinub in the trailer (next to Dawn) shows a good hint, even though Gliscor was nowhere near Ash in the group shot. So maybe it's not conclusive evidence, but nonetheless...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Gligar is really adorable in this episode. And Shinji being the usual jerk just stepped aside so Gligar would smash into a rock. I really felt sorry for it.
    As for Hikozaru going beserk, it was like rather faster resolved than I anticipated, but had some nice development in it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was looking for where I could discuss this episode

Well, I don't really know any Japanese (maybe 1 word or 2 I understand every 5 minutes) but why did Chimchar go crazy when it was on fire? Because it was using it's ability while Paul was there or something (pawaa up?)? I wish I could understand what Ash and Paul were saying before the battle. All I know is Ash was talking about himself (ore wa!) then about Paul and Paul said something and he said "what!?".

Oh yeah, I haven't seen an episode with Gligar in before (didn't know it's name was the same in Japanese!) and it is REALLY cute! And Ursuring was scary when it made that face o.O

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    I think Hikozaru becomes like that when it is filled with fear to a point where it is about to pass out. The attack that Ursaring used makes the opponent fear increase.

What I do worry about is that Ash and co does not seem to realize that it is a bad thing. Instead, Ash makes some sort of remark like "Wow, you have some great strength hidden inside of you".

Ursaring scarry? I find this one rather hilarous:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think Hikozaru becomes like that when it is filled with fear to a point where it is about to pass out. The attack that Ursaring used makes the opponent fear increase.

What I do worry about is that Ash and co does not seem to realize that it is a bad thing. Instead, Ash makes some sort of remark like "Wow, you have some great strength hidden inside of you".

Ursaring scarry? I find this one rather hilarous:

Oh, I see

No, this one (link to your own site XD)
    o.O

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    Well looking at the Episode pictures on Serbeii.net its made clear that Chimchar WILL NOT evolve in this episode. Honestly I like Chimchar the way it is, sure it would be a heck of alot stronger if it evolved into Monferno and then eventually into Infernape, but Chimy is really powerful even without evolving. As for Paul, I kinda think Paul has had a real hatred of Ash ever since that Tag battle arc. I mean seriously did you see his face in this episode? It wasn't just the usual cocky and I dont care what happens to you attitude we know paul has had since the start of DP, it was that I wish you were dead kinda face I saw. I think Paul realizes how powerful Chimchar really is in this episode but his hate for Ash runs deep..

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    Oh, I see

No, this one (link to your own site XD)

o.O

When did Pokemon become a frightening anime? XD

I am still thinking that Chimchar would evolve in order to get calmer... Just my thought.

At the end it seems Gligar is developing a yearning for getting stronger. Go Gligar! (^_^)v

And I wanna hug Gligar when it cries!! XDDD

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I knew Gligar wouldn't evolve in the Ep for two reasons

1. Gligar was just recently caught.
    2. Ash isn't picking Gligar for his battle with Wake. I figured Gligar would battle in the fifth Gym Battle and evolve then.

Does anybody but me think that the Team Ash used to battle Dawn in the beginning of the EP will be his Team for the Fourth Gym Wake?

Lash

Years
    Ash's Chimichar

So, who saw the last Japanese episode? And who all noticed that Chimi has issues? I mean, I can't blame it since it used to be Paul's Pokemon, but, this isn't the first time it has hurt Ash. Poor thing is sort of dangerous :/

Think Ash might have to give it up for being dangerous?

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    So, who saw the last Japanese episode? And who all noticed that Chimi has issues? I mean, I can't blame it since it used to be Paul's Pokemon, but, this isn't the first time it has hurt Ash. Poor thing is sort of dangerous :/

Think Ash might have to give it up for being dangerous?

I did in fact see that episode ;D First Episode I've watched in ages...

I don't think he'll give chimchar up, it's just like charizard/charmeleon
    It'll keep having issues all hile it's a chimchar and monferno until finally it....Does something really good and gets control over itself.
    And probably evolves into Infernape.
    And defeats the current obstacle at hand. Probably Paul.
    Besides, Ash isn't the type to give up on a Pokemon.

Thats how I see it. *Sips coffee to be non-chalant*

Back