• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball Evolution

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    im a huge fan of DBZ my cousin told me it was rubbish but im still gona watch coz im a die hard fan!!!

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    welp, ten years of waiting for a live action dragonball (other than that chinese one)....and well, 2 out of 10...they got the general ideas....nope, cant say that...they got the character's personality ri-....nope, cant say that....at least they pronouned the names rig-....nope, cant say that either...MAN, had to see it, the law of the fanboy....v_v

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
    A Dragonball movie is one of those things where the concept of the movie seems good, but when you actually play it out, it's doesn't turn out as awesome as you though it would be. I just recently heard about it, but looking at the trailer for it, it doesn't seem all that great. I'm still gonna go see it though xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Dragon ball evolution isn't good.
    Goku suppose to be asian!
    I'll just watch it for the special effects :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'll just watch it for the special effects :)

Thats what I said! Lol

Anyway, my brother said it was really lame. Go figure.

23Q

Years
    In the Anime, Master Yoshi looks "white"
    but in the Movie, hes asian right?
    this is the same case for Goku, but vice-versa

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Saw this the other day. It's not just a bad adaption of the series, it's a very bad film.

Admittedly, it was kind of interesting at first, but it got worse as the film progressed. By the end of it I was facepalming.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I saw it. My god thanks for killing my childhood you idiots. All that you guys have left is Pokemon Zelda and everything Nintendo. Wanna go kill those as well?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Oh sorry I didn't realise Asia was part of Planet Vegeta, silly me.
    The only characters who are supposed to be "asian" are Tien shinhan (shaolin monk) Chaitzou (same as tien) Krillin (again, monk) Tao Pai Pai and Grandpa Gohan.

Goku, Vegeta, Radditz etc are sayajins, so they cant be classed as human, never mind asian, then there's the fact Nappa clearly resembles a europeon, Goku, Radditz and Vegeta are all closer to white too.

ChiChi, Ox King, Roshi, Yamcha, Launch, Bulma, Mai, General Blue, commander Red etc are all meant to be white.

I don't see how having a white Goku is wrong in the slightest considering he isnt even an asian to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    One word.
    KhamehameLAME. ok that porbably sounds freakin retarted but whatever. its a white dude playing Goku, a asian character right? seems kinda strange to me... i'm not gonna watch it... sorry but it looks kinda cheesy...

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I saw Dragon Ball Evolution with my bestfriend, Daniel, and his girlfriend, Emma.
    For the start of the movie I wasn't paying much attention, cause I was talking to Emma.

When I started getting into the movie more I realised how terrible it was.
    I was hoping for Super Saiyan, but Goku had to go ahead and be a bad word.
    Kamehameha sucked and Piccolo looked... strange.

All in all, they butchered the anime and I hated the whole thing.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
    Hollywood.com rates it: Half a star out of four stars.

With that rating, I will be avoiding this movie like a plague. Kind of figured it would end up being a load of crap, though.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Oh sorry I didn't realise Asia was part of Planet Vegeta, silly me.
    The only characters who are supposed to be "asian" are Tien shinhan (shaolin monk) Chaitzou (same as tien) Krillin (again, monk) Tao Pai Pai and Grandpa Gohan.

Goku, Vegeta, Radditz etc are sayajins, so they cant be classed as human, never mind asian, then there's the fact Nappa clearly resembles a europeon, Goku, Radditz and Vegeta are all closer to white too.

ChiChi, Ox King, Roshi, Yamcha, Launch, Bulma, Mai, General Blue, commander Red etc are all meant to be white.

I don't see how having a white Goku is wrong in the slightest considering he isnt even an asian to begin with.

Look you clearly ain't that big a Dragon Ball fan if you don't find it a problem, 90% of Dragon Ball fans grew up knowing DB/DBZ was made in Asia and just naturally expected Goku to look Asian, there is nothing necessarily wrong with him not been but the fact it when you have grown up with something and you just naturally assume something it's hard, if not impossible, to except anything else, of course it wouldn't have mattered if Goku was Asia, White, Black or Purple it wouldn't have saved this movie, well maybe the Purple one...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Look you clearly ain't that big a Dragon Ball fan if you don't find it a problem, 90% of Dragon Ball fans grew up knowing DB/DBZ was made in Asia and just naturally expected Goku to look Asian, there is nothing necessarily wrong with him not been but the fact it when you have grown up with something and you just naturally assume something it's hard, if not impossible, to except anything else, of course it wouldn't have mattered if Goku was Asia, White, Black or Purple it wouldn't have saved this movie, well maybe the Purple one...

LOL
    I like the way you made a huge asumption about me with no real backing. So what if DB was made in japan, why would that mean Goku is japanese?

You're all clearly weeabos if you are finding it such a problem. His skin tone is clearly white.
    I mean, if he was played by an Asian, I wouldn't care, at all, I don't understand why you're all angsting over a white person playing a white character.

Dragon Ball Evolution

Dragon Ball Evolution

oh I see it now, he clearly is asian, clear resemblance, how stupid of me not to notice this in a program I watched from like the age of 7 to 12. Silly me.

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Hmmm? I always thought that Chi-Chi was Asian. She always looked and dressed like one.

Anyways, yes, Goku is not Japanese. He was a alien-being from the planet Namek. He is just transported to Earth when he was an infant.

To be honest, he's more like Superman. o_O

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Crap, I didn't mean ChiChi, i meant he rFather Ox king, sorry about that!

Years
    I saw it the other week.
    I went in thinking that it was going to be a epic, fall on it's face, fail.

However, it wasn't as bad as I thought. It wasn't amazing by any means, but it was average .

I would give it a 4/10

Back