• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Nightmares: The Fairy-Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Username: Cirno
    Partner: Sylveon
    What do you think constitutes a Fairy Type?
    Many of our current fairies are either pink or small, or perhaps cute. But even so, fairies have the potential to be almost anything given their meanings across myths and other fantasy tales. There's so much possibility.. that's part of why I love them so much. :)

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • I love fairies. Especially my syvleon lmao

Username:Xseed
    Partner: Sylveon
    dont judge a book by its cover. despite most of the faries beig cute and small they can pack quita punch. dragons beware.

Years
  • Hi xseed and welcome! Nice partner choice too. I love Sylveon!

Now I'll answer a topic:

Basically I agree with the same reasons as Cirno said, if one takes a look at fairies in mythology you'd be surprised at how diverse they are, so that draws up loads of possibilities for designs of new Fairy-type Pokemon. Not all of them have to be pink or cute, as seen especially with Xerneas and Gardevoir. Also, there has been quite a good amount of diversity with the Fairy-types shown so far so you could be seeing loads of good ones to come and given how fairies tend to use so many elements there can also be loads of potentially fun type combinations with Fairy as well.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Spritzee: fairy/poison, fairy/dark, fairy/ghost
    tumblr_inline_mps26dqXEX1qz4rgp.png

[source]

That "crow in a trench coat" is scary. By the way, does anyone think Mawile should be Dark/Fairy instead of Steel/Fairy? I never got why Mawile is part Steel, it looks more sinister like a Dark-type. Same goes for Jirachi, it should be Psychic/Fairy or something.

Years
  • ^I've always felt the same way. Mawile never really gave off a "steel" vibe to me; it doesn't seem to have hard skin or anything that remotely resembles a steel type. It reminds me a little bit of Girafarig in that it uses the huge mouth on its back to attack (similarly to how Girafarig uses its tail for biting moves). Mawile would be much better off as dark/fairy, yeah!

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • Since I don't have the later games, I'm not going to be in the club. But, why isn't Clefairy and Clefable on that list. I thought they were going to be like the original fairy types?

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • That "crow in a trench coat" is scary. By the way, does anyone think Mawile should be Dark/Fairy instead of Steel/Fairy? I never got why Mawile is part Steel, it looks more sinister like a Dark-type. Same goes for Jirachi, it should be Psychic/Fairy or something.

I think dark fairy. It doesnt really look steelish at all plus it will make a nice evil fairy. isnt it a deceiver pokemon? And jirachi would be adorable as an fairy. awww. oh sorry. I think I am going of topic kinda but yeah.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • Username: xMikasax
    Partner: Xerneas

I super love fairy types i'm super excited about them because they are so cute (yet they are lethal) and i'm excited about Xerneas also.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    That "crow in a trench coat" is scary. By the way, does anyone think Mawile should be Dark/Fairy instead of Steel/Fairy? I never got why Mawile is part Steel, it looks more sinister like a Dark-type. Same goes for Jirachi, it should be Psychic/Fairy or something.
    Oh god whaaaat, you guys don't think Jirachi will be Fairy-type do you...? That'd be awful, I hate that Pokémon and it's definitely not something this glorious type needs on its side. :(

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Oh god whaaaat, you guys don't think Jirachi will be Fairy-type do you...? That'd be awful, I hate that Pokémon and it's definitely not something this glorious type needs on its side. :(

It's a little more convincing that having Jirachi stay a Steel/Psychic type. Fairy/Psychic sounds better to me. I want to hurry and make a Fairy-type team, since I have made my own team of the other 17 types, but there's not enough Fairy-types yet to do so (being that not very many Fairy moves are available and not knowing which Fairy-type gets which moves either).

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • It's a little more convincing that having Jirachi stay a Steel/Psychic type. Fairy/Psychic sounds better to me. I want to hurry and make a Fairy-type team, since I have made my own team of the other 17 types, but there's not enough Fairy-types yet to do so (being that not very many Fairy moves are available and not knowing which Fairy-type gets which moves either).

hmm now that I think about it psychic/fairy will be a great type for jirachi. and While I am on that topic
    mew could be a psychic/fairy too.
    victini could be a fire/fairy
    manaphy and phione could be fairy/water
    shaymin grass/fairy and sky form flying/grass

Years
  • I am about to update the club tomorrow, to ensure I don't spoil anyone and that my descriptions are accurate. By then serebii might have icons for me to use as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yes I would love to join! The new Fairy types are one of my favorite things with this new generation, I absolutely love their attacks. Moonlight is by far my favorite attack in XY. <3

I would love to talk fairy types with you guys. I thought that it was fair for GameFreak to add the new fairy types to the series because it did seem like the dragons were the powerhouses and that the were dominating in many aspects of the game(s).

Mega Mawille is definitely the coolest looking fairy type imo. My top three fairy types are sylveon, Xerneas and dedenne. Dedenne is probably my favorite fairy type with sylveon being a close second. Sylveon over vaporeon any day!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    So Whimsicott made the list, but not Lilligant?

I'm training a White Flower Floette right now. I'll be evolving her into Florges later on, but I'm hanging on to her for now, she's just so adorable with her little flower umbrella :pink_love:

And I was wondering what do you guys think of Aromatisse? Looking back at the speculations that Spritzee would evolve into a plague doctor themed creepy 'mon, do you feel disappointed or relieved that it didn't happen?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • So Whimsicott made the list, but not Lilligant?

I'm training a White Flower Floette right now. I'll be evolving her into Florges later on, but I'm hanging on to her for now, she's just so adorable with her little flower umbrella :pink_love:

And I was wondering what do you guys think of Aromatisse? Looking back at the speculations that Spritzee would evolve into a plague doctor themed creepy 'mon, do you feel disappointed or relieved that it didn't happen?

hopefully Petilil and Lilligant will become Grass/Fairy at some point too, it makes more sense that way. Never heard about the Spritzee rumors, do tell. :)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Hey yeah I want in.

(User)name: Patrick or dbp, preferably the former but the latter's what I unfortunately signed up with.

Partner: Aromatisse!

It's kind of late coming in, and most people haven't really said anything for a couple of weeks. I'm not too certain how relevant the topics are now that X/Y's been released for a while. Instead, I'll comment on one thing, and then talk about another.

@Fenneking, I like your design for a Swirlix evo. Nice work! But you know, I can't but think it looks like a certain other Pokemon... :P

As for the other, someone saying something about being disappointed with Spritzee's evo? In one simple word, no. More expressively, absolutely not. As the back story would go, I didn't pay attention to much in X/Y prior to release. All I wanted to know was if Nidoran was in the game and where. It's actually been a benefit, tbh, because I love this game more for not knowing about so many of the Pokemon in it. And Nidoran IS in it so it's a win-win.

I did, however, see the leak or reveal or what have you for Aromatisse, and that cinched getting Y, despite the fact that I like X's legendary moreso (frankly, I'm not big on "hardcore" looking Pokemon). I'm still not sure what Swirlix's evo looks like, I haven't gotten there yet. At best I think it has a cherry somewhere...

Having acquired Aromatisse (and by virtue, Spritzee) myself, I see it being a fixture on my team later. I tend to round out the levels of all Pokemon I like, so I never really have a set team at any time (Nidorina's usually in it, though, an honor even Frogadier doesn't have... that's probably why he's still a Frogadier). But I'd like to think by endgame and during post game, I'd keep Aromatisse around. I also think she's really amusing in the Pokemon-amie, or even during battle at that. Her idle animation of her kind of waving like "yes yes move along then" is rather funny.

Fan art, as always, boosts my enthusiasm for the Pokemon. I love what I've seen artists do with it so far. I've never gotten a chance to draw it for myself, I'm still trying to find my own interpretation of it. Once I do, though, I'll probably be drawing it quite a bit. Hahaha, that's when you know a Pokemon has made it in dbp-land. When I can be bothered to not only illustrate it, but illustrate it my way and not just carbon copy it.

As for other fairies, I think it's convienient that old favorites Kirlia and Mawile happen to be in this group. I'm planning on having both as well as Gardevoir as part of the big picture of Pokemon I'll use. I'm thinking on getting Clefable and Togekiss as well.

One more thing. You know who else I like? Flabebe. I'm betting it was one of those Pokemon that was revealed early prior to release, but I didn't even notice it until I started playing the game. It's really cute, and I feel bad each time I have to down one. Sometimes I feel I should just Rare Candy my Pokemon...

Floette's really cute looking too. I know it has another evolution according to the Pokedex. I haven't seen it and am not looking to spoil it for myself, but I'm hoping it's still good.

All in all, Fairy type is off to a strong start for me. They're pretty broken it seems in this game, which is perfect since a lot of Pokemon I like are in this group. As always, I type too much. But hey, that's what happens when you relinquish all this info at once as opposed to the moment it comes.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Forgot to check back here, oops!

hopefully Petilil and Lilligant will become Grass/Fairy at some point too, it makes more sense that way. Never heard about the Spritzee rumors, do tell. :)

There were some speculations and fanart, even here in this thread, about Spritzee's evo, before the games came out. That it would turn to dark side and evolve into a Fairy/Poison, creepy plague doctor-themed. I really liked the idea personally, so I was kinda taken aback when I saw the actual evolution, because it looked nothing like that at all.

Patrick, playing the game like that sounds really fun. While I did like Spritzee/Aromatisse better than Swirlix/Slurpuff, I still got X because I also prefer Xerneas and version exclusives are easier to trade for than the version mascot.

Do show us your illustrations of Aromatisse or any other Fairy-type when you decide to draw them :)

Oh, and Floette's evo is really pretty, and she has some really cute Amie animations too! I knew I wanted to train Flabebe ever since I saw her, so in my game, I've trained the White Flower forme so far.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • In retrospect that would've been smart (getting X and trade for y exclusives)... but then again as I think of it, I barely use fully evolved Pokemon let alone legendaries. My 1st Bulbasaur isn't even going to evolve (to counter this, I always get another in these cases, and level that one up for the Pokedex, but I'm nowhere near as attached to it). I'm just not into the whole battling aspect. If anything I'd rather just fill out the Pokedex. And play with as many Pokemon as I can in the Pokemon-amie. I wish that feature was packed with way more stuff, it may be my favorite part of the game.

Even if I got the X legendary, I can't say it would be utilized. Mewtwo is likely to be shelved as well. But when I have a favorite Pokemon, that means way more. I'd take 1,000 Spritzees for a Zapdos.

I catch all the white Flabebes since I know they're hard to come by (I think I've caught my 5th one just this morning). I always use Premier Balls because I'm odd that way. :P I think the ball color compliments the white flower is all. Floette happens to be one of those white flowered Flabebes.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I have mine in a Premier Ball too, as I like to match the ball to the Pokemon's colors if possible. I want to train all the Flabebe formes eventually, and nickname them after rare flowers. My White Flower one is Edelweiss.

I don't use legendaries either, but still I like going for the version mascot that I like better, because the moment you meet it is usually the climax of the plot, so I want it to be the one that I prefer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back