• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Quest Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    I know this is a Pokemon forum but I would like to make a DQM game out of a Pokemon ROM (FR). I enjoy both games and thought I'd combine them, well the Pokemon aspect with DQ. I plan on having only DQ monsters in the game and I would like some help with some ideas. If you are a fan of DQ or DQM let me know and give me suggestions!

1. Monsters... should they evolve? get a slime up high enough to evolve into a King Slime? Sidoh into Genoh Sidoh? Dragon Lord Human into Dragon Lord monster? Or should they be stand alones that you have to breed/catch?
    2. I plan on using all of the monsters from DQM 1,2, Joker any other ideas?
    3. World Map, I want to make it free roam, no routes, just cities and towns on a Continent. I am trying this with idea with my current Hack, Pokemon Shadows.
    4. Pokeballs? What should they be called? Pokedex?
    5. tiles, should I make tiles similar to the SNES or work with what I got.
    Thanks in advance :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Well, I'd definitely advise that you keep the breeding from DQM. Having been a fan of DQM since it first came out, I think it would only be fair. Although I understand it would be very difficult, but it'd be pretty cool if evolution was gone. Or perhaps keep a few evolutions, but save them for very higher levels- like 75 or 80.

I wouldn't worry about the monsters in Joker either, it'd be easier to just take the monsters from DQM 1 and 2.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    DQM master, right here =p

1. Monsters... should they evolve? get a slime up high enough to evolve into a King Slime? Sidoh into Genoh Sidoh? Dragon Lord Human into Dragon Lord monster? Or should they be stand alones that you have to breed/catch?

*shrugs* Why not a bit of both? How would breeding work?

2. I plan on using all of the monsters from DQM 1,2, Joker any other ideas?

Did you play DQM 3, AKA Caravan Heart? An English patch was released recently

3. World Map, I want to make it free roam, no routes, just cities and towns on a Continent. I am trying this with idea with my current Hack, Pokemon Shadows.

Awesome =)

4. Pokeballs? What should they be called? Pokedex?

Pokeball - Beef Jerky. Great Ball - Pork Chop. Ultra Ball - Rib. Master Ball - Sirloin. Pokedex - Library. Did you even play the DWM games? =p

5. tiles, should I make tiles similar to the SNES or work with what I got.

Depends on if it would look nice. All I REALLY ask for is that you include a few of my fave monsters such as Phoenix/Blizzardy, and the tracks from the DWM games

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    Well, first, I thought it was called Dragon Warrior Monsters? I've been a fan of DWM since the first one came out, and so I made a shop editor for it, but it's not much. But for pokeballs, they should be the meats used in the game (Beefjerky, Porkchop, Rib, Sirloin). No 'monsters' should evolve because it would ruin it. And in the first 2, there's nothing like a Pokedex item. It's all stored in a library. And in DWM 1, it's just one place (Great Tree) and then randomly generated maps. But in the first one, there's maps that make up worlds. Try to make it like that.

Oh ya, I'm not sure if you meant DQM or DWM, they might be different.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    From what you have said so far, I do believe its possible. However, I've never played DQM or DWM... so I wouldn't really know about some other things.

I do wish you all the luck in the world on your project, though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back