• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Types

Do you like Dragon Types?

• Yes

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I use Dragon-types here and there. ;) I love their designs, but they're just so powerful and they have good defense on plenty of types. XD My favorite dragon is Salamence.

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I love Dragon types, I don't usually use them but I do like them.
    Garchomp is my favorite dragon type Pokemon.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Dragons aren't my favorite, but I don't particularly dislike them or anything.
    I tend to not use them most of the time, but it's mostly because they almost always show up towards the end of the game and by then I'm already attached to the rest of my team members.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    The thing about Dragon-Types is...They're way too common now-a-days! I remember playing Yellow and Silver Version and knowing that Dragonite was literally the best non-legendary Pokemon! NOW, we have a handful of uber dragons! I mean, I'm fine with two or three. Keep Sazando, Garchomp and Dragonite, but toss the rest!

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I would totally go for Salamence, best Dragon type Pokemon there is!

Geranyl

Resident Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    No, not really...

Just the general feel of the type gives this... uh, "UBER!!!!" kinda vibe. I mean, they're weak against practically nothing and strong against pretty much everything... Not really in the spirit of fair play, you see?

To quote Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
    The Dragon type is statistically the best of all types overall. Because of the minimal amount of weaknesses that they have, they often find a way onto trainers' teams... Most Dragon-type Pokémon have high Attack and Special Attack, and paired with their incredibly diverse movepools, they are one of the best in the games.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    That is what is fun about dragon Pokemon. If you want to get farther in the game quickly, then use dragon Pokemon to do it!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Since most dragon type Pokemon are accompanied with a decent design and base stats, yes, I do like Dragon Types.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    I do like dragon types.
    I mean Flygon and Giratina are among my favorite pokemon.
    However i do think they are getting a little too common for their own good.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I love Dragon-type Pokemons. The designs of most of them are amazing, and I enjoy using them in battle too. It takes a very long time to train any Dragon-type Pokemons, but I think it's worth it in the end. Their powerful move-pools and high base stats give you such an advantage in battle. My favorite Dragon-type Pokemon will have to Flygon.

One of the main complaint I can give to Dragon-type Pokemons are that some people use them a little bit too much. I can understand one or even two in a team, but it's common to see a party full of Dragon-type Pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Dragons are strong and have good moves and all, I give them props for that, but they are overused, even tho its not a bad thing.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
    The thing about Dragon-Types is...They're way too common now-a-days! I remember playing Yellow and Silver Version and knowing that Dragonite was literally the best non-legendary Pokemon! NOW, we have a handful of uber dragons! I mean, I'm fine with two or three. Keep Sazando, Garchomp and Dragonite, but toss the rest!

I completely agree. I like Dragonite as it was always one of the most powerful pokemon, but I have grown to dislike the dragon type in the later games

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I think they are Okay... I usually only have up to one on my team per game. The thing i hate about them is their extremely common 4x ice type weakness.

- Flygon - Dragon/Ground
    - Garchomp - Dragon/Ground
    - Dragonite - Dragon/Ground
    - Salamence - Dragon/Flying
    - RayquaZa - Dragon/Flying
    - Altaria - Dragon/Flying

btw, Salamence is my favorite dragon. :)

Last edited:

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Dragon types are now very common around these parts. Specially Sazandora running around and I see it everyday. o_o
    But they're yet awesome, excluding Crimgan for me.

Back