• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonface Sprite's

Years
    Comments and criticism appreciated

thanks

Angelic Pokemon:
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's

Shadow Pokemon:
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's

Revamps:
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's

Fusions:
    Dragonface Sprite's
    Dragonface Sprite's

comments please, and thanks! :D

Updated: Tuesday, April 21st
    added Mewthree

Last edited:

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    I really like the revamps the most, I like the shade work done, though just a though, you may want to lighten up the outlining pixels a bit, play with the colors. You'd be surprised how much the right color for an outline can affect the look and feel of a pixel image.

Jboy224

Banned
    Years
    • RI
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    wow! i love the angelic ones, and the shadow pokemon! they look fantastic!

Years
    I really like the revamps the most, I like the shade work done, though just a though, you may want to lighten up the outlining pixels a bit, play with the colors. You'd be surprised how much the right color for an outline can affect the look and feel of a pixel image.

what exactly are you directing that to?

if you mean the Shadow's?

i can show you some comparisons, they look much better w/ the extra black outlining, it compliments the glow they have

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years

i can show you some comparisons, they look much better w/ the extra black outlining, it compliments the glow they have
    No, she was directing it to revamps. Those were the first few words in her post. :x

Anyway, your sprites are pretty good. The "Angelic" Pokémon look quite good, but the thing that makes them more appealing is the graphic outline, which I can see was not done on Paint. The same thing goes for your Shadow Pokémon. The coloring work is so-so.

Your revamps... I don't really like them. It looks like you didn't really edit them, but just recolored them. They still have the same style of the 2nd Generation, which, clearly, does not look very appealing. The whole reason for a revamp is simply not just to recolor a sprite, but to make it look like the style of the generation that you're advancing it to.

Lastly, your fusion. It looks pretty cool, but all I can say is that it needs a bit of work on the outline, mainly on its tail.
    Good job on the sprites, nonetheless.

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Very nice. I am loving the fussion. If you changed the colors a bit it may look like a totally new pokemon.

Years
    I see.

well thanks for the tips so far.

I was not aware that there need be more to a revamp. I took what you said into consideration in this Nidoking revamp that ill add in a second.
    but its kinda difficult since theirs not much else to be done other then recoloring them. but i messed with the outlines like you said.

and yes the shadow pokemon are colored in Photoshop. im new with it so tis hard for me to get the exact color i want since i have to change the hue setting around diffrently for each pokemon to get the Dark purpal yet still stands out look.

i think the charizard or blastoise is spot on what im trying to acheave.

anyways, heres some more work

EDIT: humm, looking at it now, the Nidoking seems to "bright" to me. ill redo the color and see how it turns out

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I like all your Pokemon, but Shadow Pokemon are to dark, and they have an almost angleic outline. Which is, all wrong.

Years
    I like all your Pokemon, but Shadow Pokemon are to dark, and they have an almost angleic outline. Which is, all wrong.

Meh, its a neon blue glow.

i have try with other colors and it doesn't fit so well.

do you have a suggestion on what color the glow should be? ill try it out and post some examples

also, the glow has 2 colors, and is total about 4 pixles wide, the 1st 2 pixles i chose black, because im my opinion and like i said before, it makes the glow stand out more, and the 2nd color is the light blue.

this under color doesnt have to be there like in the charizard sprite. so if you would like to make a suggestion id be more then happy to post them.

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years

I'm referring specifically to the revamps, things such as the white fins on the gyrados could go with a slightly lighter outline, you can also vary outline color based on where the light is.

Years
    I love your sprites! The Angelic Pokemon palletes are very well contrasted and not too much improvement is needed. Though it's my own opinion, I kinda think the wings on wartortle's back is sort of misplaced, :\ the wings seem to be growing right out of the shell and maybe placing it a little bit higher and near the shoulders would work better, but if that's the effect you wanted, never mind what I say! :D

Your Shadow pokemon are also exhibited perfectly, the colour matches straight to the tilt and a bright colour brings out the fact that the pokemon is very dark.

The revamps have a solid outer line, which is good and the shading is done well. I'm not too great on revamps, so I can't say much. :)

Your fusion is splendid, the detail is attached to the sprite perfectly and enhances the image. To me, the flames are a bit awkward and are crowded together too much on the side instead of the middle, which I think was the original place to put flames.

All in all, your sprites are great and I love your work. I'm not much of a spriter and only tweek things around a bit at times so I think your sprites are magnificent!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    it may be an entire coincidence... but your gyarados revamp is the same exact one as mine, except for a slight change in color on the bottom...

mine...
    Dragonface Sprite's

yours..
    Dragonface Sprite's

you even made the same mistakes that i did:
    - did not recolor the black diviting
    - did not correctly shade the third fin down correctly
    - the part of the tongue that i accidently chopped into is colored...
    - has my terrible old shading...

So... unless there is an extreme coincidence, your revamp is exactly the same as mine, except that it was recolored in the bottom and the mouth...and you cleaned it up on the fin...but like i said, it could be a total coincidence...

Last edited:

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    very cool pixels, my favorite was your fusion.keep up the great work :D

Back