• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dragonite & charizard

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I'm surprised nobody comments on Magikarp like that anymore.
    That's because...
    Belly Drummed 1HP Flail off Magikarp > Dragonite
    Seriously, Full speed Karp can outrun a normal non-full-speed Nite. =D

Anyway, I do think they look slightly similar, although Dragonite looks alot nicer. But Gyarados Magikarp still owns all. xD

Last edited:

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Charizard is NOT a Dragon type. It's fire/flying, so get it right

My thoughts exactly. Though, since he has wings and breathes flames... well... I can see where people would think he is a dragon type. I think he is a dragon in the mythological sense. But, in the type sense- I'm pretty sure he isn't a dragon type.

Either way, I see a small resemblance between the two. So, I can see where you get that idea from. I personally like Charizard better- however, Dragonite is cuter.

PS Regarding Magicarp, when I was younger- I thought he was useless. Until I caught one and he evolved into a totally rad Gyarados.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    They are both awesome Pokemon to have. I have to agree Dragonite is cuter

Years
    oh and, just before someone else mentions it, Charizard is NOT a Dragon type. It's fire/flying, so get it right.

Well, ya, Charizard is not technically a dragon type in the game. But look at it, it's a dragon. It has wings and shoots fire, that = dragon. Plus Lance trains one and he is the "Dragon Master".

OP: They look alike I suppose, but just because they both have wings and stand upright. If you never noticed that before maybe you should pay at least a little more attention.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    (Don't yell at me for this)
    I always explain that Dragonite is the autistic version of Charizard. XD

Lol lol lol!
    Anyway, I have always compared them. I was sure they were connected somehow when they had that epic battle when Dragonite froze Charizard.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I don't think they look that similar. Charizard had a reptilian hide, whereas Dragonite's belly has large scales. Their colours are completely different. Dragonite has feelers instead of horns. Charizard has a flame on its tail. Dragonite has much smaller wings (as in, it shouldn't be able to fly).

and regarding the OPs post, Charizard are theoretically more rare, as you'd need to trade to get more than one, whereas there are an unlimited amount of dratini (and therefore dragonite) in a single game.

oh and, just before someone else mentions it, Charizard is NOT a Dragon type. It's fire/flying, so get it right.

Ever here of breeding? Going on your logic, they have the same rarity.

Anyways, I don't really think they look alike. They're both orangish, but don't have many similarities otherwise.

Years
    "Dragon"-type Pokemon are those that have the inherent superiority of dragons. Those that resemble Dragons are merely given an extra type Flying (Charizard and Yanmega).
    But yes, they do look similar. Never thought of them that way o_O

Back