• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonite VS Salamence

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Whos better? Salamence or Dragonite?

Add a poll plz kthxbai

Salamence WINS by default

If that's the case, this thread is now redundant.

Since this is in the HeartGold/SoulSilver forum, I'm going to go ahead and assume it's for comparisons on the two gamewise.

Salamence is indeed generally the better of the two.I would never run either though but like you implied, Salamence is the superior.

PuyoPuyo Raffine

Puyo Puyo Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I prefer Dragonite..Salamence has a good moveset and all but I still prefer Dragonite

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Eh, I don't see much point for this - comparing these Pokemon within HGSS? Technically Dragonite should win as you don't have to trade or wait so long to get it in HGSS. =P

...I'll just move this to Poke General - it fits there more than anything.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Dragonite. One of my favorite pokemon and it looks more adorable <3.

Years
    Well, Salamence has Intimidate, so Dragonite's Dragon Claw or Outrage would be weakened, and Salamence is much faster, not to mention strong and Dragon Dance, and it could out dance Dragonite, and then Dragonite would be destroyed with 2 Outrages.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What some fans of the first generation will always invariably insist is superior regardless of anything anyone says: Dragonite
    What's actually better: Salamence

I don't like either much, myself.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    dragonite!
    it has a tubby belly, and it can kick salamences ass!!

and i dont think salamence can learn ice moves unlike a dragonite

so dragonite kicks ass by far :D

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Hmm, this is a hard one considering I love all Hoenn Poke'mon... but I'm gonna have to say Dragonite. I have one on my main team, and she is a life saver. <3

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    Dragonite. I've always found the extra bulk more useful than the extra power.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Im not going to go by power, so Im going to say Salamence. I fell in love with it first. But if this was Dragonair vs Salamence, that would be a different story however.

Ayselipera

I can't help, but default on my nostalgic feelings of Dragonite. It was my first level 100 Pokemon and one of my team members when I first beat the Elite Four. We go way back.

That being said Salamence is fine. I have no ill will towards it.

Back