• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonite's Moveset

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2005
    Of Outrage and Dragon Claw, which Dragon-type move should I select for my Dragonite?

Moreover, which would prove more beneficial in battle: the existing Thunder Wave move or Dragon Dance? Additionally, the remaining two slots are to be occupied with Earthquake but which other elemental move of the following: Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Flamethrower.

Many thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Dragonite@Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Best set

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2005
    Yes, but nonetheless, which is the better of Dragon Claw and Outrage?

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Safeguard only blocks incoming status conditions, not self-afflicted ones, like Rest sleep and confusion from Outrage.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2005
    HellishHades said:
    Dragon Claw. Why confuse yourself for using a move with the same power?

Sorry? Outrage's attack power is 135 STAB whereas Dragon Claw's is 120 STAB.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • klrulez said:
    Sorry? Outrage's attack power is 135 STAB whereas Dragon Claw's is 120 STAB.

Sorry, I thought they were the same. Regardless, it's not worth the confusion and the inability to switch moves.

Skarmory469

I r t3h 1337skar
    Years
  • Focus Punch/Substitute/Boltbeam works better for Dragonite, its attack is that much higher than its Sp. attack. Between the Dragon moves you should choose Dragon Claw, it's more reliable.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Demonion said:
    Dragonite@Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Best set

I agree. Drop Dragon Claw and Outrage altogether and go with this set. If you get rid of the Sub Punching and add another Special Move, you lose the advantage over Blissey.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Mullet said:
    That is the best set, and I like the EVs to be 252 Attack, 252 Sp. attack, 6 Speed.

You should use a +atk/sp.atk -speed nature then its fast enough to be faster than the tanks and slow enough to be slower then the sweepers and get the sub up

Years
  • dragon claw
    tunderbolt
    focus punch/earthquake
    dragon dance/body slam

i put in dragon claw to make you happy. tuderbolt to get rid of ice types since most of them are water types (could by replace with flamethrower. but bolt works better)
    foucus punch because dragonite has high attack power. but earthquake good too if you like me and just like to get it over with faster. dragon dance is good if you want to make him powerful. but if you don't like power ups like me then go with body slam since it is a physical attack

Back