• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon's Breath (Rated T)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Siegfried observed the meeting silently, preferring to listen and absorb information. As far as tactics would be concerned, he much rather charge the dragons head on and kill them in one fell swoop. Of course, tactics such as those are rarely accepted by large scale military operations so Siegfried quickly learned to avoid making such suggestions. In cases like this one, allowing the men who make their coin through constructing strategies or men more apt at creating effective and foolproof plans for engagement was probably more intelligent. At the same time, they were fighting dragons, not the beasts that Siegfried was used to fighting. Based on the legends that he read when he was little, dragons were very powerful. Drake continually says that Siegfried underestimates his opponents. Perhaps the principle has carried over to the dragons as well.

The new strategy seemed to be a skirmish, quick strike to cut supplies (or something, Siegfried didn't care for such minor technicalities) that avoided a direct engagement with the dragons. Such cowardice bored Siegfried, but he would remain committed to his sworn duty. After all, there had to be a reason he was called to action as the he was chosen personally by the king himself. With the meeting over, they were to report the following day at dawn. A bit early for his taste, but Siegfried came to turns with it. He would simply have to control himself.

"Well, let's go, Drake. I want to find a room at one of the local inns nearby. Drake?" Siegfried looked around to see his squire nowhere near by. The room was gradually emptying itself, expelling soldiers so it was possible that Drake blended in with the crowd. A single theory popped into his head. One he did not like.

Siegfried made his way out of the of the corridors and into the open air, trying to peer over his fellow soldiers to find his eager squire, but unfortunately Drake's appearance as not unique in the least. Instead, he listened and what do you know? Drake was predictable as ever.

"Sir Jamal! Sir Jamal!" The brown-haired squire called to the tall and powerful weaponmaster in the distance. Siegfried plowed his way through the crowds in an attempt to catch up. He too late as Drake caught up to Jamal and grabbed his arms to demand his attention. "I heard rumors of your exploits. They call you a great warrior. It is an honor to meet you!" Despite standing almost a full foot shorter, Drake beamed with happiness and no fear. He forced Jamal to shake hands with him and stared with a smile suiting a much younger man. In due time Siegfried caught up.

"Excuse the squire, good sir," Siegfried said pulling Drake out of his trance." Ah! You must be Jamal Kifius. It is a honor to meet you. I am Sir Siegfried Wagnar, Son of Richard Wagnar and brother to Harken Wagnar, Lord of Everwinter in the north and knight in service to the crown. Seems we will be fighting dragons soon. Why don't you join us for a drink? There is a fine tavern nearby. I believe it is called the Rusty Sword. Off duty soldiers often frequent there. The drinks shall be on me." Siegfried finished, offering a hand for a good natured shake.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Jamal had been mentally reviewing the supplies he owned, basically ignoring the squire until he found himself shaking hands with the boy. "I heard rumors of your exploits. They call you a great warrior. It is an honor to meet you!"
Jamal kept his face straight, but inside he was becoming a little irritated. Events similar to this had occurred to him before, though not all the young boys were as...forthcoming, as this one here. Jamal did not particularly appreciate this sort of thing.

It was only a little while before the knight from the map-room appeared. "Excuse the squire, good sir," the knight said. Jamal welcomed the chance to retrieve his own hand. "Ah! You must be Jamal Kifius. It is a honor to meet you. I am Sir Siegfried Wagnar, Son of Richard Wagnar and brother to Harken Wagnar, Lord of Everwinter in the north and knight in service to the crown. Seems we will be fighting dragons soon. Why don't you join us for a drink? There is a fine tavern nearby. I believe it is called the Rusty Sword. Off duty soldiers often frequent there. The drinks shall be on me."

Jamal retained an expressionless face as he shook Siegfried's outstretched hand and replied, "I am indeed Jamal Kifius." He made no indication of recognition, or lack thereof, of Siegfried's titles. Mentally going over the locations of the Rusty Sword and the stables, Jamal added, "I believe I am headed in the same general direction. I was...going to check my supplies before tomorrow. As I can do it along the way, I'll take you on that offer." The WeaponsMaster glanced at Siegfried's squire. He was tempted to make a comment on the boy's part. Not enough of an irritation, though, Jamal thought to himself. So far.
A moment later, Jamal turned and resumed walking towards the nearby stables, where he had left Lester. Another reason to check on his horse, which he did not give a voice to, was to check that nothing had been disturbed or stolen. Jamal didn't doubt, much, that his belongings would be in the positions he'd left them in. Remembering someone he'd become acquainted with once, Jamal mentally acknowledged the fact that the possibility was still there. Especially with someone like Siegfried's squire, from what he'd already seen.

Back