• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drawing Materials?

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • What do you use when drawing/coloring your pics? I'm just curious, since I am stuck with colored pencils and regular pencils...maybe a crayola marker or two....

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • My drawing tools well I do have a few, If I color by hand I used prisma color pencils and watercolor pencils. Some of these made not be cheap to buy depends on the brand names . and most time I just sketch out a pic , scan it on the comp and color it on a program like Adobe Photoshop,Jasc PSP or other programs. and for drawing the pic I used Mars Lumograph Sketching pencils. I hope this helps ya
    Alot of Artists used diff things

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I use either different pencil shades (regular graphite) or charcoal to sketch. For coloring, it depends on the style. Pastel for a blended, smudgy look, colored pencils for a sharp sort of look, and markers for a cartoonish picture with solid colors. That's what I use anyway.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I always just scurry around to find any pencil I can find...I don't care if it's number 1 or 2 or if it's a wierd brand...if it has lead and an eraser it's good enough for me

*goes and draws stuff*

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I use tons of stuff!! BWAHHAAHA

Well for my new style of drawing I sketch in pencil, Lumograph Mars or just your basic push the back run out of lead so often type of pencil. Then I ink using a Micon Ink Pen (Its the cheapest and best one I found yet). I color using Prisma Markers that match the color. I generally use them for clothes and base colors. I have the worst colors, not that the prisma markers are Darker then the label x.x .... Then I highlight and shadpow using colored pencils. I use Fantasia right now but I just won a bid on ebay for prisma colored pencils ^_^

I also have a really thick pen.. Its good to work on making your hand do less sketchy and more single movements... I practice drawing hands and eyes and whatnot with it.

Also who dosent love using Crayola Crayons. Not for professional looks but fun =3

As computer programs I use Open Canvas by portal graphics, It gives a more painted look and looks super neat. I also use Flash MX by macromedia for a professional clean cut look. Lastly for coloring inks and whatnot I use my fave graphic program Paint Shop Pro 7, by jasc. PSP 7 is the easiest version to use but the only way to get it is auctions and illegal ways such as Kazaa or getting it from a friend.

If your looking for some materials dont be affraid to mix materials. Just want dosent work to well is Ink and Crayons XD. But Marker and Colored Pencils rock! XD

-Pichuu!

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • Well, for coloring I typically use Copic and Prismacolor markers. I ink with G, round, school and spoon nibs (They're dipping pens used by professional mangaka.). For inking thicker lines, I use Copic's multiliners and brush nibs. When shading, I use screen tones for black and white. Umm... Also, design ink and white, opaque ink.

For CGI I use PSP8 and Photoshop occasionally. n.n()

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • wow....thanks for all the responses! I'm having a hard time getting a hold of good drawing tools, especially coloring tools, but I think I will have to take a trip to a craft store and see what they have...

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • i think paint is good but i have nothing to compare it to...here is an example of paint

i made it just now..igglybuff :)
    Drawing Materials?

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Paint is very limited, but it's the only computer drawing program I use.

For the bulk of my artwork, I color it in prisma marker and then go over that in different shades of prisma pencils. I ink with pilot pens.

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Well when it somes to doing the pics I do it by computer and i do it by hand.
    I use graphite pencils for out lines and sketchs. I will also shade with them if i don't want to be in color. I use colored pencils and oil pastels for color pics.
    As for computer i use Paint Shop Pro 8. It is hard to first fiugre out but i like all the tools and abilitys it has.

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
    Years
  • ashley03 said:
    well.......i still perfer the old fashioned pencil!

So do I. Anything old fashioned is good enough for me.

I use normal pencils, Crayola colored pencils, and usual black gel pens.

Back