• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Drawing-wise, what are your strengths and weaknesses?

Years
i feel more confident drawing animals, whereas people (especially bodies/hands/feet) are def most difficult. you??

Years
I can draw weapons, Machines, Spacecrafts, Battleships, Gunships and anything related to war very very efficiently and nicely. Also I can draw new and very Dangerous looking swords. Plus some landscapes. But I find Humans to be most difficult object to be drawn. I can draw Humanoids and Mutants but drawing humans and animals are not my cup of tea.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'd put myself into the category of "master of none". I have somewhat of an understanding about a lot of things but in practice it never gets anything better than just "basic".

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I feel like I'm much better at drawing Pokémon and creatures than actual humans. I have a hard time drawing them. I try to practice but I find it almost not enjoyable to do it as I'm never satisfied with the result.

Lots of practice I guess c:

Years
No idea really. I draw pretty eyes these days I guess and I have a solid understanding of how the body moves from my time as a dancer. I'm also pretty good at learning things at a theoretical level even if I typically suck at actually implementing things I learn. As for things I'm bad at, that's easier. Right now the thing I'm worst at is shading. I'm also not great at backgrounds, expressions or making clothes intricate and interesting. My creasing needs more work too.

Years
Oh yeah if I had to be specific, probably Pokémon and non-realistic animals! So cartoony things basically. The moment you tell me to draw a hand tho... ohh boy. Not too interested in drawing humans usually so it's not a major complaint, but just makes me respect those who can draw the human body that much more.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I'd say original creatures are my strength, especially from my imagination just because I don't have to worry about it looking right apart from anatomy.

My weakness is definitely perspective, especially three point since I tend to stare at it for a while and often times just don't get it.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Drawing humans could be complex and wide range of field to discover , character designs , background , cloth folds , armour rendering , proportion , expression etc. Lots of things to take consider for making good illustration circulating potraits and full body drawing, it take a long while and lot of of effort to do but when you acquire the skill, it's really fun to draw what you like.

Years
I used to hate lineart but now, it's probably coloring and shading is what I dread in the process. As for things I struggle drawing... feet is probably the worst things for me to draw since I have the least experience drawing them due to how I always just throw a shoe on to avoid drawing feet.

Years
I love coloring tbh, even if i can't think of colors ironically. Lineart is also okay?? But post lineart depression happens to me esp when the sketch looked really nice but the lineart is :(

As for subjects to draw... I really like drawing girls. And pokemon, sometimes. Mostly humans, cartoony humans.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
As for subjects to draw... I really like drawing girls. And pokemon, sometimes. Mostly humans, cartoony humans.

Oof, this. Monster ladies are my JAM to draw. I don't post it here cause it's inappropriate but yeah, humanoid gajinka Pokemon etc girls are my bread and butter.

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 19, 2021
I'm best at animals. I can do human-ish busts/headshots, but anything below the top half of the shoulders is a big nope humanwise.
I've been struggling with fullbodies for a good uh... over a year now? Pokemonwise, I've only managed to pull off a good fullbody Eevee, a ghost/dark type Umbreon variant, poison type Eeveelution, Magikarp, and a Litten.

Back