• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dressing up for Easter?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I have, and never have, dressed up for Easter. Costume or formally. And I don't know anyone who has.

Gavin<3

Years
    Oh, god no. I didn't even do it when I was little. My sis probably will though. And go all around the village annoying people until they give her and her friends candy...

Come to think of it, Easter here is a bit like Halloween in the English world, no?

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I never has dressed up for easter, because I've never heard of it. O.O
    All I remeber doing for easter was having a hat compertion (Can't spell that word for my life) at my primary school. (I don't go anymore. YAY! xD)

Crissy xX

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Oh, god no. I didn't even do it when I was little. My sis probably will though. And go all around the village annoying people until they give her and her friends candy...

Come to think of it, Easter here is a bit like Halloween in the English world, no?
    Uhh...no?

Never heard of anyone knocking on doors asking for candy on Easter.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Are you kidding me dude? We would go around to houses and ask for candy saying trick or treat and if they had no candy we would take rotten easter eggs and throw them at the people. At least thats what i would think you woulkd do on a hybrid holiday like that. Anyway i dont think i like easter no more. sure when i was a kid i loved it only cause i got those god forsaken pokemon books with the pokemon art and there info you know that green one with the shiny foil in the middle with the pokemon on top and the togepi art! Oh and i always saw the easter bunny as the cheep santa.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Are you kidding me dude? We would go around to houses and ask for candy saying trick or treat and if they had no candy we would take rotten easter eggs and throw them at the people. At least thats what i would think you woulkd do on a hybrid holiday like that. Anyway i dont think i like easter no more. sure when i was a kid i loved it only cause i got those god forsaken pokemon books with the pokemon art and there info you know that green one with the shiny foil in the middle with the pokemon on top and the togepi art! Oh and i always saw the easter bunny as the cheep santa.
    I have that book. You got the same book every year did you? XD

I like Easter. Don't care about the chocolate and bunnies and stuff. Never did. I like the family and the food.

Champion Victoria

Puella docta
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2011
    I always tend to look presentable for religious occasions. I wouldn't call "chuch wear" dressing up, though, since it's just the observed decencies. You just want to look like you take your appearance seriously on those days.

And as far as men's wear goes, I really hope that we get over this trend of calling a suit and tie "formalwear"--they're not. They're lounge suits, and they are informal by definition. Heck, even morning coats (which, as part of morning dress, get lumped in as "formal" or "full dress" along with white tie for eveningwear) isn't really fully formal, since frock coats are. Although that might be excessively pedantic: morning dress and white tie certainly qualifies for state occasions, whereas nobody wears frock coats (or still more absurd: knee breeches of levée dress, likely last seen at the coronation of HM the Queen.)

So to conclude: boys, wearing a suit and tie is pretty much a basic decency and really ought to be considered the minimum appropriate attire for family occasions, etc. What a time we live in, eh?

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Uhh...no?

Never heard of anyone knocking on doors asking for candy on Easter.
    In Finland, it's very common actually. Little kids dress up as 'easter witches' and go knocking on doors asking for candy. They don't get it for free, though: kids have decorated twigs from willow trees with colorful pieces of paper, feathers, etc. and give one of them to every house in exchange for the candy. This is done a week before Easter, though, but still. And no, we don't really celebrate Halloween. ;)

So, I've done it lots of times when I was small, but not for years. I've never dressed up as anything else than a witch though. :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I always tend to look presentable for religious occasions. I wouldn't call "chuch wear" dressing up, though, since it's just the observed decencies. You just want to look like you take your appearance seriously on those days.

And as far as men's wear goes, I really hope that we get over this trend of calling a suit and tie "formalwear"--they're not. They're lounge suits, and they are informal by definition. Heck, even morning coats (which, as part of morning dress, get lumped in as "formal" or "full dress" along with white tie for eveningwear) isn't really fully formal, since frock coats are. Although that might be excessively pedantic: morning dress and white tie certainly qualifies for state occasions, whereas nobody wears frock coats (or still more absurd: knee breeches of levée dress, likely last seen at the coronation of HM the Queen.)

So to conclude: boys, wearing a suit and tie is pretty much a basic decency and really ought to be considered the minimum appropriate attire for family occasions, etc. What a time we live in, eh?
    Well...maybe not a suit in every case. But...something that doesn't look like you just got out of bed or heading to school.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Um, not really
    Maybe in other areas of the U.S. or in other countries they do, but where I come from, very few people dress up for Easter (unless they're like, the Easter Bunny or some sort of huggable animal at the Easter Egg Hunt). So yeah, no, I don't plan to dress up =]

Back