• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drinking, cool or not?

punkhobbitqueen

chibi peoples? Where?!?!?!!?!?
    Years
    I noticed we had a smoking thread but not a drinking one. So do you think drinking is cool or not?
    I personally think its cool... well good if you don't go out and drive while ur drunk.

Years
    The driving issue: they'll never give me a driver's license, I'm sure -- it'll be Carmagheddon 3 if they do so. XD

Drinking... hmm... tch, I only drink on occasions... tch, but when I do I don't hold back.
    I've gotten drunk at the age of 5 once, tch, my parents went in tha living room an' I went in tha kitchen an' drank all tha beer in their glasses. XD

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Sure it is. Don't forget to smoke too, nothing better than killing your lungs and your liver at the same time!

Seriously though, in suitable amounts, yes. But don't overdo it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I assume you mean drinking alcohol and not just drinking in general..

Drinking isn't "cool". Why would it be? It's fun to do, in respectable amounts though. I drink alcohol a fair amount, I enjoy the taste of it (not all types of alcohol though) and I enjoy the feeling of being a bit tipsy too. I don't like going too much further than that though, otherwise I tend to regret it sometime later.

I think alcohol is completely different to smoking though. Smokers have to smoke regularly because they're addicted to it. Alcohol drinkers (bar straight alcoholics) don't need to drink alcohol regularly to stay sane, they just drink it when they feel like it.

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Honestly, drinking doesn't make you 'cool', but I'm sure it's fine if you drink in small/resonable amounts. Drinking and driving, no. e_e;;

My mom's had a problem with alcohol for a while, so I've got a few gripes with it... But I can understand if people want to have a drink once in a while.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'm annoyed at how many respectable people still fall into the trap that the alcohol companies set up for them. Alcohol may be far less taboo than tobacco, but it's far more devastating; and if you ask me, claiming to be a casual drinker is no excuse. Tobacco is not a hallucinogen, does not cause inebriation, any of the inhibitions associatied with drunkenness, or any of the after-effects of drunkenness. Basically, you can't smoke a carton of cigarettes, jump into your car, and become a murderer within seconds or minutes. You won't rape anyone after a few cigarettes, you won't beat your wife or burn your house down. Like I said in the cigarette thread, I'm personally offended by alcohol-drinkers because they're saying that not only do they care what happens to them, but they don't care what happens to me or anyone else for that matter. Grabbing a mere bottle or mug or can doesn't matter. All alcohol-related deaths and crimes start with a single sip.

I can't say how much the party scene infuriates me. Alcohol is usually the drink of choice out of rebellion, out of people intentionally looking for the effects; looking for images and sensations, easy sex, etc. It's a single mass-mindedness of hundreds of millions of people around the world that causes nothing but corruption and the perpetuation of the twisted dogma of popular culture. Drinking IS most definitely socially acceptable, but it SHOULDN'T be. It's far worse than tobacco because of the fact that tobacco is an addiction and alcohol isn't; that means that the alcohol-drinker always has a choice in the matter, and it goes back to the matter of self-apathy and apathy for those around someone.

And yet nobody cares...if it can make you friends, if it can keep your friends (and what a sad definition of friends if they merely constitute those who you get hammered with to loud music and animalistic idiocy), it must be great! Alcoholic parents breed alcoholic children. European governments have so much moral abandon that they legalize drinking for people who aren't even adults. Our own government refuses to do anything...vice lobbies are the strongest there are in Washington and there's no doubt in my mind that half the senate drinks and three-quarters are on the payroll of Anheiser-Busch and Smirnoff. It's glorified everywhere, but how is that different from any time in the past? The Egyptians brewed their own malts thousands of years before Christ; it's a thread of man's social fabric as much as anything else is. It's only that people embrace it and promote it now.

Oh, and there's that thing about humanity's love of death devices. Can't forget that. Go Earth <3

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    If it can make you freinds and keep your freinds then their not your freinds.

Drinking is bad, "I won't drink and drive, even though my judgement is impaired and I won't remember last night, I won't drink and drive..."

Thats reality, alcohol is a poison and people drink it anyway, to cover up pain or because they destroyed one too many brain cells becauase of drinking and think its fun. Sorry, don't want to offend anyone but those are the facts.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    No drinking any alcohol isn't "cool".To the people in the world that do drink...have you ever tryed telling yourself this stuff is bad for you?.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
    In my opinion, I hate it. It's not cool and you would catch me dying in a corner rather than taking a sip. In fact....everyone in my family that is about 15 or higher has tasted alcohol at least once except for me. I plan to stop this while I have the chance.
    I'm annoyed at how many respectable people still fall into the trap that the alcohol companies set up for them. Alcohol may be far less taboo than tobacco, but it's far more devastating; and if you ask me, claiming to be a casual drinker is no excuse. Tobacco is not a hallucinogen, does not cause inebriation, any of the inhibitions associatied with drunkenness, or any of the after-effects of drunkenness. Basically, you can't smoke a carton of cigarettes, jump into your car, and become a murderer within seconds or minutes. You won't rape anyone after a few cigarettes, you won't beat your wife or burn your house down. Like I said in the cigarette thread, I'm personally offended by alcohol-drinkers because they're saying that not only do they care what happens to them, but they don't care what happens to me or anyone else for that matter. Grabbing a mere bottle or mug or can doesn't matter. All alcohol-related deaths and crimes start with a single sip.

I can't say how much the party scene infuriates me. Alcohol is usually the drink of choice out of rebellion, out of people intentionally looking for the effects; looking for images and sensations, easy sex, etc. It's a single mass-mindedness of hundreds of millions of people around the world that causes nothing but corruption and the perpetuation of the twisted dogma of popular culture. Drinking IS most definitely socially acceptable, but it SHOULDN'T be. It's far worse than tobacco because of the fact that tobacco is an addiction and alcohol isn't; that means that the alcohol-drinker always has a choice in the matter, and it goes back to the matter of self-apathy and apathy for those around someone.

And yet nobody cares...if it can make you friends, if it can keep your friends (and what a sad definition of friends if they merely constitute those who you get hammered with to loud music and animalistic idiocy), it must be great! Alcoholic parents breed alcoholic children. European governments have so much moral abandon that they legalize drinking for people who aren't even adults. Our own government refuses to do anything...vice lobbies are the strongest there are in Washington and there's no doubt in my mind that half the senate drinks and three-quarters are on the payroll of Anheiser-Busch and Smirnoff. It's glorified everywhere, but how is that different from any time in the past? The Egyptians brewed their own malts thousands of years before Christ; it's a thread of man's social fabric as much as anything else is. It's only that people embrace it and promote it now.
    Kaga...you have officially become my anti-alcohol hero. WOOT!

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    I don't drink and I never have - I just don't like the idea. I don't have anything against people who drink it in moderation, but I don't like people getting drunk or anything. One of my friends had never got drunk before and the first time she did she said it was absolutely horrible, so she says she'll never do it again now!

liquidfury

A Chief Webmaster
    Years
    Cybex Mewtwo said:
    In my opinion, I hate it. It's not cool and you would catch me dying in a corner rather than taking a sip. In fact....everyone in my family that is about 15 or higher has tasted alcohol at least once except for me. I plan to stop this while I have the chance.

Kaga...you have officially become my anti-alcohol hero. WOOT!

EXACTLY! I'm going to be 13 in a month and I have never even wanted to drink alcohol. Kaga sounds like a very educated person in this field, and I agree with everything that he says about it. Smoking, drinking, wild sex, and drugs are very bad things that DO NOT make you look 'cool' at ALL! I know that it sounds odd for a teenager, which is the main audience to this stuff, to be telling anyone what to or not to do, but I think that if I can do it, that I should stop someone before they become addicted. I live in deep North Carolina, where all the rednecks and hillbillies are, and they ALL drink, In fact, a really good portion of the people down here do. And I am thankful of how literate I am compared to them.

And I HATE the stuff, but it is true that when moderated very well, it is tolerable. My granddaddy had a problem with stuff like this, and it's messed him up forever. That is why I wish to reach out and set an example before it happens.

I wish everyone was as educated as Kaga is on the subject about it.

Oh, and I caught you mister Iron Chef! Funny how you got your name!

Last edited:

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Drinking's never cool...ever...and I find it sad how Tobacco ads are banned from television, yet alcohol ads are just fine. Somebody answer this

If your child had to be addicted to either tobacco or alcohol, which would you choose?

Years
    of course drinking is cool it stops you from dehydrating,it taste good *someone whispers* OH THAT type of drinking ahh I'll be right back *runs away*

k_k_slider

master traner
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 21, 2005
    i think this would be against rules, i dont want to flame but there may be litte kids on this site and stuff. i dont know if this forum has the feature but i think this should be locked

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Drinking is not "cool". While I have no particular dislike for those who drink, I have a distinct dislike for the abuse of alchoholic drinks. Although I do not condemn those who have had alchohol, I plan to never drink it. Honestly, drinking alchohol does not interest me.

Legolas

<3 +.+ E>
    Years
    Cool or not? Meh, thats a trick qustion, drink is a RETARDED thing to do, it makes people beat there wifes and kids, do stupid things, and drive drunk, and kill innocent people, IT PISSES ME OFF TO SEE PEOPLE DRINK AT ALL! But, since i live in Hawaii, more than HALF the people drink around here, and thats just sad >_<. So, i think you get my point, i HATE drinking, and HATE smoking, and HATE ANYONE who takes drugs, i am over ALL of it, because its all wrong, ....

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    No drinking is not "Cool".. nor does it make you "Cool".. I have never drank and I don't intend to, I may drink every now and then... but I don't drink alot, I stick to coke or something that hasn't got Alcohol in it... I just don't like the smell or the taste... the only thing with Alcohol I will have is alcopops.. that is it and i never intend on getting drunk either.. making yourself look like a fool by walking around wobbling and singing rubbish at the top of your voice (if you can call it singing XD) is not something I would count as "Cool"... I mean my dad drinks, and the first thing he asked my when I turned 18 is if I wanted a drink >>;;. I said no ofcourse.. I don't smoke or drink and I never intend to start thank you very much.. and Kaga.. wow dude, you got that right.. both are bad but Alcohol is far worse.. it effects more than just youself, it effects others too.. meh XD

Last edited:
    Back