• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

driving, driving in your car

blue

gucci
Years
  • I've had my drivers licence and my own car for almost two years now and I love it! At first I was really nervous, not helped by being in a car crash about two weeks after passing my test. Last year wasn't so good for me driving wise either since I went on a speed awareness course and rear ended someone. Since then though I'd say my driving has significantly improved, I still have a habit of speeding but other than that I'd say I'm a pretty decent driver.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Had mine since the day I turned 16 which feels like foreeeever ago.

As to if I like driving, it depends where and how long. I can drive for days in New Hampshire but I get cranky at others stupidity after driving for how long in Boston. DAMN IT THATS NOT EVEN A TURNING LANE YOU IDIOT.

I can say I wouldn't be the hazard to your health in driving. My junker would probably kill us both first. I suppose I don't help by being a bit generous with the accelerator. By the time the cars behind me at a stoplight start moving I'm about half way down the road...

Years
  • I've had my license for, uh, over 6 years, car for about 3. Feel like I've become a worse driver with increasing frequency of driving - since I started commuting, my driving style has slowly shifted from "cautious and fuel-saving" to "reckless and selfish"... thanks to my underpowered old compact car I haven't been getting a lot of speeding fees though.
    Got worse at parking, too (in that regard it's not mentality but incompetence though)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Yes, I've have my licence for over 3 years and counting. Yes, I drive quite regularly as it's my main form of transport other than walking. Yes, I enjoy driving, especially at night. Finally, yes, you may get in the car with me because I'm generally a safe driver, as confirmed by my family and friends.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've had my license since summer '09 when I turned 18. I really didn't have a choice since I needed to drive myself to my college classes :P my first car (and only to date) was a cute small yellow car I called "bumblebee". I sold him when I moved to the city since it's not as economical to have a car here. I still drive my parent's cars when I'm home in the suburbs.

I have too much road rage to enjoy driving all that much. I prefer to be the passenger & the one who picks the music. I do love blasting music and diving at night though, it's peaceful <3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've got my driver's license since 2011, and I needed to drive for my college classes. My first car was a 2007 Sentra, I had a good run with it until I got into an accident and crashed it in October 2015. They were unable to fix it due to its age, so I had to buy a new car, which is a 2015 Civic. I refuse to drive outside of my hometown because of unfamiliar territory and crazy traffic in cities that are 2 hours away from my house. Then there's the issue of my irritating eyes every afternoon due to one of my creams for my acne problems, which will hinder my concentration in driving. So, I only go these cities through family trips.

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
  • Well, uh..
    I'm still learning how to drive.

I went to practice the other day without my instructor and in a car that I wasn't used to driving, only to end up panicking, hit the gas instead of the break, almost hitting a yield sign.

I get stressed out very easily.
    I've only been driving for about five hours.

Years
  • I'm on my learners and have been for a while now. I'd probably be a bit further on the licensing process but I got some absolutely horrible examiners and then I got sick and had to cancel my next test.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I love driving usually. I will offer to drive a lot (mostly out of a fear for how others drive), love listening to road tunes, and seeing new scenery. I want to do a road trip sometime. :P

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I'm not really old enough in the first place to get one, so that would prohibit me from doing so, but I'm looking forward to getting one. I do live pretty far away from my school, though, (about a 40 minute drive), so that would probably make me very tired. But, it would be cool to drive to meet my friends, as they also live quite a ways away.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I have my license and have a mixed relationship with driving. I love it during quiet hours, but not otherwise. Most people drive dangerously (because they're either texting, inebriated, or stupid... or a mix of the three) which can make it very stressful.

Back