• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Driving pet peeves.

Years
    These other lanes are for overtaking things like lorries going 40mph. You shouldn't be exceeding the limit regardless, nor is matching it strictly necessary.
    Unless there's an explicit exception to the limit for interstates?

There isn't, but traveling at a different speed from traffic with a difference of greater than 5 mph over or under what the rest of traffic is going is itself fairly dangerous, and a high number of American drivers nowadays go between the speed limit and 5 mph over the speed limit, with a good many going even higher.

Driving pet peeves for me are:

1. Not signaling your turn.
    2. Cutting across several lanes of traffic at the last minute to make a turn.
    3. Going straight instead of turning while you're in a turn lane.
    4. Turning in a given direction from any lane that isn't designated as a turn lane for the direction you are turning.
    5. Tailgating.
    6. Reckless passing in a no passing zone.
    7. When a pair of truckers engage in an elephant race, even inadvertently.
    8. Not moving over to make room for traffic coming off of an on-ramp onto the highway if there's plenty of room for you to do so, but instead putting on your brakes to let them in.
    9. There's more, but I'm guilty of several of those myself so it'd be hypocrisy to list them, so I won't.

Years
    I absolutely hate when I'm crossing the street and the guy turning my way turns/gets too close to me as if he's hurrying me along. The further I cross the more they try to get through, it really annoys the hell out of me and happens a lot here. x:

Also, people that signal their turn when they're already halfway into it. No point by then, we can all see you're turning. = =;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    1. People who drive too slow in the right lane
    2. People who drive too fast and overtake me
    3. School zones (40km/h for effing children)
    4. Cyclists
    5. Pedestrians and pedestrian crossings
    6. Ambulances with their sirens on - I understand the reason, but there is nothing more stressful on the road than having to quickly find a way to get the hell out of an ambulance's way.

Back