• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drizzle Team

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2013
    Need help on building a drizzle/rain team.

I'm terrible at team building, or so I think. I've been playing Pokemon since I was young, but I never got into competitive playing until about a few days ago. I have tested this team a lot and right now I'm about 50/50 but I know it probably wouldn't be able to compete with more talented players.
    Any feedback helps :P

Politoed
    Leftovers
    Bold 252 HP 252 D 4 SpA
    -Scald
    -Protect
    -Encore
    -Toxic

Rotom-W
    Leftovers
    Calm 252 HP 252 SpD 4 SpA
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Pain Split

Toxicroak
    Life Orb
    Dry Skin
    Adamant 252 HP 252 Att 4 SpD
    -Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute

Gliscor
    Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    Adamant 184 HP 252 Att 72 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang
    -Protect
    -Swords Dance

Cloyster
    White Herb
    Skill Link
    Adamant 4 HP 252 Att 252 Spe
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rapid Spin
    -Razor Shell

Jellicent
    Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bold 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpA
    -Scald
    -Toxic
    -Taunt
    -Recover

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 252/252 EV spreads aren't enough in most cases in competitive battling. Some Pokemon use speciaized EV spreads to outspeed certain opponents or to avoid being OHKOed/2HKOed by certain attacks.

Rotom-W's EV spread should be 248 HP/28 SAtk/228 SDef to make it take less damage from Stealth Rock while giving its Special moves a bit more bite.

Life Orb is counterproductive with Substitute, even with Dry Skin. Toxicroak's EV spread should be 244 HP/132 Atk/120 Def/12 Spe to prevent Terrakion who don't use Earthquake from 2HKOing it.

Really, I don't get why Gliscor is on the team. Is it here to check opposing Fire Pokemon? I think Dugtrio is a better option because it can trap and KO Tyranitar and Ninetales:
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Sucker Punch
    -Stealth Rock/Memento
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Arena Trap

or
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Reversal
    -Stealth Rock/Memento/Sucker Punch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Arena Trap

Cloyster should use a Jolly nature, as Adamant makes Cloyster fail to ouspeed certain Choice Scarfers like Latios even at +2 Speed.

Jellicent should use 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe to let it outspeed min Speed Skarmory.

Something else to consider on the team is Ferrothorn because of its ability to check opposing Water Pokemon:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
    -Power Whip/Protect/Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2013
    Thanks! I'll take in Ferrothorn into consideration. I like Jellicent mainly because of it's Taunting ability but I'll see.

I actually had no item on Toxicroak, and for some reason wrote down Life Orb. I have Leftovers on it now. and I'll make the changes to the EVs as you proposed and see how it differs. :)

Back