• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drought Season [UU]

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Drought Season [UU]

Registeel @ Heat Rock
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/78 Def/180 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    • Iron Head
    • Thunder Wave
    • Sunny Day
    • Stealth Rock
    This allows me to cover my Ludicolo/Scyther weakness more. Throws around paralysis that will allow me to sweep in case I can't get Sunny Day up. Just a basic supporter who I try to keep living as long as possible.

Drought Season [UU]

Victreebel (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/226 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    • Leaf Blade
    • Sucker Punch
    • Sleep Powder
    • Swords Dance
    Since the advent of Platinum, Victreebel has risen to the top Physical Sweeper in Sunny Day teams. If I manage to land a Sleep Powder (which tends to miss when I need it the most, but that's common in Pokemon), I have a good chance of sweeping with Victreebel alone. It doesn't always need Sunny Day to sweep either with Sucker Punch in its repertoire. It's always been one of my favorite Grass-types and has exceeded my expectations completely. As Dark_Azelf says, my mission in life is to make Victreebel OU.

Drought Season [UU]

Exeggutor (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    • Energy Ball / Grass Knot / Solarbeam
    • Psychic
    • Hidden Power [Fire]
    • Sunny Day
    My favorite Grass-type. Period. In the sun, it's a maniacal sweeper. Exeggutor can actually cushion at least one non-super effective Physical blow, so it usually has no problem switching in. It also serves as my back up Sunny Day-er in case Uxie manages to get KO'd. Not much to say outside of that. It hopefully just switches in safely and does massive amounts of damage. Not sure on which of the Grass-type moves to go with though so help would be appreciated.

Drought Season [UU]

Tangrowth (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 200 Atk/220 Spd/88 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    • Power Whip
    • Earthquake
    • Hidden Power [Fire]
    • Ancientpower / Rock Slide / Stun Spore
    Here's the problem child. It actually does do massive amounts of damage. Like Exeggutor, it can also take a physical hit or two. I got this set off of Smogon which I believe is catered to OU battles. So far in UU though, HP [Fire] has done squat, even when Sunny Day is on the field. There's no Scizor or Forretress to deal with. I was just wondering if you all had suggestions for those last two slots. Power Whip and Earthquake stay as they've been incredibly useful and effective. The EVs allow for Tangrowth to outrun Electrode in Sun and OHKO with Earthquake. Ancientpower has also down squat, so I was wondering if you all thought I should switch to Rock Slide or maybe throw on Stun Spore for extra support.

Drought Season [UU]

Magmortar (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    • Fire Blast
    • Thunderbolt
    • Focus Blast
    • Hidden Power [Ice]
    I couldn't build a Sunny Day team without a Fire-type to take advantage of it. Through my experience in this new UU metagame so far, many teams are weak to Magmortar. This is especially true when Sunny Day is on the field. Even Water-types take at least 30%~ damage from Fire Blast when they switch in. I didn't want to use Life Orb as three of my teammates already carry it and Magmortar tends to go for Super Effective damage anyway, so Expert Belt seemed to be a natural fit. I may go Wiseglasses though for the overall boost to Special Attack.

Drought Season [UU]

Slowbro (F) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Oblivious
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    • Surf
    • Fire Blast
    • Ice Beam / Psychic
    • Trick
    If there's one Pokemon outside of Spiritomb I've struggled with so far in new UU, it's Slowbro. My teams also seemed to struggle with them. Especially my Rain Dance teams. So when I was putting together this team, I wanted to have a solid Pokemon who could stop Rain Dance teams in case they got an upper hand against the rest of my team. Slowbro came to mind as being able to stop almost all Pokemon common on Rain Dance teams outside of Ludicolo. Trick lets me stop Blissey if Tangrowth and Victreebel are out of the picture.

Overall this team has performed incredibly well for me. However, it's far from perfect. Like most of my teams, I tend to struggle with Spiritomb (from reading comments so far though, many people tend to struggle with Spiritomb). Ludicolo can be a problem with Rain Dance up. But you can't cover every Pokemon though.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    On Tangrowth, I would personally run something like Focus Blast to hit things like Clefable and Miltank. The fourth slot can be used to pass status with Stun Spore if you want, or use HP Fire, which is still a nice option IMO.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Ensure you keep Sunny Day up or Victreebel alive, or else Scyther can land some hard blows against you. With nothing resisting flying, everything risks a 2HKO from the Bug/Flying combination. If Sunny Day is up, however, it can't come in very well.

Monstrous offensive, but you gotta keep the sun shining to get a lot of effectiveness.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    HURR HURR GET A GROUDON AND 5 RAYQUAZAER.

Awesome team, I wish I was this patient when it came to EVs. I would reccomend teaching Sunny Day to another Pokémon incase they use Shadow Ball on Uxie then switch out to a Ludicolo. This team could also do with a Focus Blast user. Maybe Magmortar if he can learn it, if not then I am sure Brickbreak would stop any Tyranitar leaking in to battle. A fighting-type move on Magmortar would also deal with Blissey, Clefable, Porygon-Z and other annoyances.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    HURR HURR GET A GROUDON AND 5 RAYQUAZAER.

Awesome team, I wish I was this patient when it came to EVs. I would reccomend teaching Sunny Day to another Pokémon incase they use Shadow Ball on Uxie then switch out to a Ludicolo. This team could also do with a Focus Blast user. Maybe Magmortar if he can learn it, if not then I am sure Brickbreak would stop any Tyranitar leaking in to battle. A fighting-type move on Magmortar would also deal with Blissey, Clefable, Porygon-Z and other annoyances.

Umm... sweetie. Magmortar does have Focus Blast. And this is UU. I don't have to worry about Tyranitar, Blissey, or Porygon-Z.

Anyway, as much as I love Slowbro, I may remove it for something that doesn't share so many common weaknesses with the rest of my team.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Umm... sweetie. Magmortar does have Focus Blast. And this is UU. I don't have to worry about Tyranitar, Blissey, or Porygon-Z.

Anyway, as much as I love Slowbro, I may remove it for something that doesn't share so many common weaknesses with the rest of my team.

Oh, sorry. My PC has a filter and it's blocking Magmotars moveset, and Slowbros equipment + nature. Slowbro is great but if you think it'd be a good idea to switch then that's your choice.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Oh, sorry. My PC has a filter and it's blocking Magmotars moveset, and Slowbros equipment + nature. Slowbro is great but if you think it'd be a good idea to switch then that's your choice.

k...

You said Trick on Slowbro allowed you to stop Blissey if Tang and Victreebell were gone.
    I assume you mean Chansey?
    /nitpick.

:| Yes.

While I appreciate these incredibly useful posts, I was looking for some more solid advice on where I have slashes and a possible replacement for Slowbro that isn't weak to Bug/Flying and doesn't lose to Ludicolo.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Erm:

Lickilicky@Leftovers
    Own Tempo / Impish
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Counter
    - Wish / Explosion
    - Fire Punch

That doesn't loose to Scyther, although it doesn't do too well with Ludicolo, unless it Explodes, in which case it would hurt, badly. If they're foolish enough to leave Scyther in, though, there are plenty of options to take it out, Fire Punch, Counter, Body Slam if you want to try for paralysis.

EDIT: Forgot to add, that's assuming the Scyther is Choiced (Which it usually is), otherwise there is fear of Brick Break.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i'd consider kabutops for 2 reasons: priority and opposing weather prep.

might want to think about making magmortar subpunch. it becomes useless against other fires and switching out is the last thing it needs. at the least, consider EQ to handle other fires. hp ice is pretty much an OU luxury you'll hardly find use for in UU when it gets STAB and already has great sp atk. slowbro can handle altaria quite well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Scyther lol

Anyway to solve the rain dance problem, you could shove like a Poliwrath (Sub Punch is awesome) or Quagsire >> Slowbro.

In addition, Registeel would work well >> Uxie for Scyther, since it gets T-Wave and can thus shut down SD Ludicolo too. Also gets Sunny Day, SR etc.

If you want more insurance vs Ludi and what not there is always (CB!!) Muk >> Growth too.

Eh, just some ideas here >:

Last edited:

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
    I notice that you have no real fire counter on your team, which 2/3 of your team are weak against. Magmortar may resist fire attacks but most of the power fire moves are specially based and magmortar can't take many attacks before being KO'd himself. He also has nothing to hit other fire threats (apart from may be houndoom).
    As for slowbro his defences lie in taking physical hits so specially based fire moves boosted by the sun are still going to hurt as well as halfing the potency of surf.

Instead you could replace magmortar with ninetales to make fire attacks immune, this would be especially helpful given the amount of fire bait on your team.

Hope that helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back