• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS Discussion Thread

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Funny how I completely failed to mention I have a DS phat and got it the Christmas it came out. I guess I'm more excited over my fancy Lite. >_>

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I have a first generation, cosmic blue DS that I got for Christmas in 2005. A Nintendogs game also came with it since it was in a Nintendogs bundle. I can't believe it still works after the number of times that it's been dropped. xD It works pretty well, so I don't plan on changing to a DS Lite or a DSi just yet.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Black DSi I bought it the first day they were avaliable in the US

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My brother and I shared an original DS for a while but then he got his own DS Lite for his birthday one year. So we still have that DS.

When Diamond/Pearl came out, I splurged and got a white DS Lite for myself. It's actually started to break due to over use (the shoulder buttons don't work so well anymore and the A button hates me and doesn't work all the time either). I love my Lite but I'd really like to get one of the pink DSi systems because I just love the colour. :( I can't afford one, though, so instead I'm just toning down the DS use to make my Lite last longer. u_u

Years
    I own the Onyx (black) DS Lite

and

the Onyx (black) DS Lite with Palkia & Dialga art on it from this
    Pokemon bundle. Came with a DVD featuring an episode of Mystery Dungeon.

I own two DS total.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    I had the original, but the hinge broke, then it broke more, until the wires were bare, then it just collapsed over time, I have it somewhere still, in 2 pieces.

I'm on my second red DS Lite, the first one's hinge broke (Sounds familiar) over time, and now the second one has started to crack in the same place. I'm not overly rough with them like some people, just from general usage I guess. I have no plans to replace this one, if anything I'll just buy a new custom case for it and change it myself, or buy another Lite (Since the price is dropping all the time), no plans for a DSi, they have too much pointless stuff added to them it doesn't need.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I only have a Black DS lite.
    I haven't played my DS in a long time so I didn't get a DSi.
    Getting a Lime Green DSi (japanese) though when I get the money :D

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I had an original silver DS, and it was used and abused so much that I got a black DS Lite when they came out. I've had that since 2006, and I still use it as my main DS, even though I bought a DSi for like...$10 last year when Amazon had a trade-in special. Got rid of about 10 old sucky games I no longer wanted, and wound up getting $150 off a DSi. I still use my Lite mostly though - it still works perfectly and is in good shape, and I just can't part with it. D:

Crystallize

Zelda! 8D
    Years
    I have a broken pink DS lite and a new, shiny "watermelon" DS lite. =D

Watermelon DS is just a nick name for my lime green DS with the stylus and GBA cover from the pink DS. =3

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have both the Mario Kart Bundle DS Phat and the red DS Lite. Dont know about DSi yet but its a maybe.

Back