• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS lite touch screen

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I desperately need to replace the bottom screen of my DS lite. There are dead cells that irritate the heck out of me, and today, the bottom of the screen is flickering unnaturally....there's like this white flickering line on the bottom.

What can I do? I know the sell replacement screens for DS lite, but I've seen the videos on how to repair it manually, and it's not easy. I want a professional to repair it.

What do I do. Please help!!!!! Thanks.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • ummm its very easy to repair the screen yourself you just have to take out a few screws from the back of the ds, theser screws inside the battery under the to plastic pins that make your ds no slide when its on a surface and 4 external more bolts unscrew them all, take the rear casing out, take the board DONT PULL IT IT HAS BOLTS ALSO TO HOLD THE BOARD IN PLACE!!, and the touchsreen will have 2 cables if memory serves right they are both holded by clips you lift the clip and take out the old screen put the cables of the new screen in put it in place and do everything you did but backwards lol so you put everything back where it was. its pretty easy you just have to be careful with the clips if you break em theres no going back (unless u crazy glue it in place lol).

Years
  • Your best course of action is most definitely to take it to an electronics shop that also is in the business of repairing electronics.

ummm its very easy to repair the screen yourself you just have to take out a few screws from the back of the ds, theser screws inside the battery under the to plastic pins that make your ds no slide when its on a surface and 4 external more bolts unscrew them all, take the rear casing out, take the board DONT PULL IT IT HAS BOLTS ALSO TO HOLD THE BOARD IN PLACE!!, and the touchsreen will have 2 cables if memory serves right they are both holded by clips you lift the clip and take out the old screen put the cables of the new screen in put it in place and do everything you did but backwards lol so you put everything back where it was. its pretty easy you just have to be careful with the clips if you break em theres no going back (unless u crazy glue it in place lol).

You have to realize that not everyone is as confident in their skills with taking electronics apart as you are, and the OP specifically stated that it looked very difficult to her.

Years
  • I desperately need to replace the bottom screen of my DS lite. There are dead cells that irritate the heck out of me, and today, the bottom of the screen is flickering unnaturally....there's like this white flickering line on the bottom.

What can I do? I know the sell replacement screens for DS lite, but I've seen the videos on how to repair it manually, and it's not easy. I want a professional to repair it.

What do I do. Please help!!!!! Thanks.
    I'd be weighing up the cost though. Get a quote for labour + parts and see what they are going to charge. If it's getting close to the price of a new DSL, that may be a better option, just keep in mind you will have your FCs reset.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I don't know any professionals/repair shops to go to...gamestop wasnt much help in directing me somewhere. They just told me to call nintendo..so I guess I gotta do that.

I actually bought a DSi to replace this one. But now that I have Pokemon Black in Japanese I want to replace the screen on my DS lite.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well honestly aside from fixing it yourself it cannot be repaired without sending it to Nintendo. People who are willing to fix those sort of things are rare and generally would charge just as much as Nintendo might if they choose to declare it out of warranty...if not more.

Personally, I'd just replace the DS Lite you have with a used one. You can buy 'em at Gamestop/EB Games typically. Of course you can always check your local pawn shops too, you never know when you might run into a used DS or DS Lite for far cheaper than what a retailer like Gamestop would charge for it.

Silver_Wind

Creative Artist
    Years
  • Well honestly in my knowledge it's not hard to replace a bottom screen on a DS. or a DSi.

I have recently repaired mines for instance. I was quite iffy at first also. But a local repair shop telling me they was going to charge me $30 USD, was just out of the question. The screen at the tool cost me less then $10, and the tutorial on youtube was quite helpful.

I suggest if your not to electronic wise, then just send it to Nintendo. But if you muck up the courage to actually attempt it then by all means go for it.

-Silver

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • Your best course of action is most definitely to take it to an electronics shop that also is in the business of repairing electronics.

You have to realize that not everyone is as confident in their skills with taking electronics apart as you are, and the OP specifically stated that it looked very difficult to her.

oops sorry lol. But its really not very hard at all you should go for it the only thing you have to do is be very careful and not to pull or tug on anything, make sure every bolt is removed and thats pretty much it. If you do try it i have 1 recomendation remove the springs on the l+r buttons without them its a lot better and its a lot easier to install back.

Edit: If you take it to fix somewhere locally well atleast here in puerto rico its very cheap, labor with the cost of parts is around 30 or 40$$.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • This may not have had posts in a few days, but I need to answer this. You can call NOA and they will mail you a box for free. Then you put your DS in there and send it back to NOA and they will fix it and send it back to you for free. My Wii has broken several times and this is what we have done.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • This may not have had posts in a few days, but I need to answer this. You can call NOA and they will mail you a box for free. Then you put your DS in there and send it back to NOA and they will fix it and send it back to you for free. My Wii has broken several times and this is what we have done.
    Free if you still have warrenty I think.

Yeah we done this several times with our wii, if they cant fix it, they will send you a brand new one. They will also fix any small stuff like our tops broke the wii, they fixed em.

NoA is a good bet :)

ralary

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    you can try to repair,but if it cost a lot,you should consider buying another one

Back