• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS or PSP

Which one do you like better: DS or PSP?

• I think DS is better!

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I think PSP is better!

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I think there evenly as good!

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I don't like either of them to much!

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Many people debate about which one is better: Nintendo DS and Play Station Portable! What do you think is better, DS or PSP?

MOON~DANCER

All I've got is insane.
    Years
    ds is ALOT better in my opinoin...the only good games for psp are gta liberty city stories thug2 remix ssx on tour and a few others...ds has alot of good games..to me anyways

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    .:Teresa:. said:
    Uh......hard questions! ;.;

I guess I'd choose the PSP. It has way more functions that the DS...
    Ya, DS has a touch screen and a normal screen, but PSP can play music, movies, games, and now, even INTERNET! but i somehow still like DS better. Probably cuz I have DS and not PSP!

enyce

banned
    Years
    PSP, because I can now download save states. SO I dont have to do the work...

Well I aint do that for GTA, but I did for NBA street

Years
    but PSP can play music, movies, games, and now, even INTERNET!

Soon, will the DS have internet. Nintendo already has the Play-Yan, and Opera is going to make a browser for it.

Personally, I like both. I have both. PSP is good for portable media, and DS is good for games.

PSP, because I can now download save states. SO I dont have to do the work...

That's just laziness. Please give an actual reason.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    ~\"Metal Sonic"/~ said:
    DS > PSP.

PSP= Sony Product

Sony Product=Expecive Nintendo Ripoff

PSP=DS ripoff.

The PSP is not a DS ripoff. Does the PSP have a touch screen or two screens?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    "Ya, DS has a touch screen and a normal screen, but PSP can play music, movies, games, and now, even INTERNET!"

Support for UMD movies is steadily declining. <<

I've played both, but I own a DS. The PSP has a superior screen, it's beautiful, clear, crisp, birhgt, it's perfect. The graphics are better too. But other than that...

I don't care if it can play music or movies. I have an iPod and DVDs are better. Plus if you're trying to compare it to the DS, you have to compare it on the game front alone. The PSP has yet to have title that's impressed me (then again...there's few PS and PS2 titles that I want. I can count them on one hand - both systems combined- and yet my Nintendo library is in the hundreds). I already have lots of DS games.

I hate the PSP's control stick, it just...it's weird. It doesn't move properly, it's like a nub that slides around on a flat surface.

1ic1

dbz master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2006
    hmmm dont know

i got a ds and 3 psps so i dont know

Years
    The PSP has a superior screen, it's beautiful, clear, crisp, birhgt, it's perfect.

It's not perfect. It is far from perfect. The image quality might be nice and the backlight is bright, but the actual screen is greatly flawed. It is prone to dead pixels, stuck pixels, stop turning on, and it is very fragile. I own one and I have 6 dead pixels on my screen, and sometimes it just turns off for no apparent reason. But Wal-Mart still won't do anything about it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Okay...Well, I only played with it for about an hour.

I like how the only sensible piece of positivity towards the PSP in this thread is the fact that lazy people can use save games. XD

Years
    Okay...Well, I only played with it for about an hour.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh. I am just tired of PSP fanboys saying the screen is perfect in every single way. (A lot of PSP fanboys don't even have PSPs.)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I own both the DS and the PSP so I'm not one of them Sony or Nintendo fanboys that doesn't know what they are talking about when they say "Sony/Nintendo suckzzzzzzzz".
    When it comes right down to it I can have to judge both on one thing, that's gameplay. I've always said that systems need good games and all the other stuff isn't needed (I got a laptop so it can play movies, hold pics, hold my songs and once I get DSL be able to surf the web, you know what handheld does all that right now). When it comes down to gameplay the DS wins hands down, the graphics aren't as good and the screen isn't as large. But what good is great graphics and a larger screen if you got no gameplay to go with it? The games on the DS are more fun, and they have a longer life (as in for me playing them) then the PSP. I got 1 PSP game, and I want Tekken for the PSP. Other then that I don't see any games I want for my PSP. My DS on the other hand has 3 games and I want around 4 or 5 games for it.
    So yea I like my DS better then my PSP.

Back