• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

haimon_99

SupaHabil
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    I did an update to golem shiny front and I did some fixes to Golem back to look like his front:
    DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Hello! So to formally begin my "comeback", I will first give some hints on which sprites are accepted... But for now I will only quote those posts with accepted sprites to reduce quotes... For those which aren't accepted, feel free to ask why or try to improve them if you got the reason why... And also, in this round, "proper" coloring (Sugimori colors for normal, 15+1 colors) aren't scoped yet as a criterion...

The OP will be updated once I uploaded the first batch of update sprites...

Also, to speedup the update release, I would like to ask your help on listing the artists to credit on each sprites that I will be accepting... Please include what they did (e.g. main artist, modify, resize, QC, base sprite artist or recolor) so that I can post them faster soon...

I did an update to golem shiny front and I did some fixes to Golem back to look like his front:

This will be the inaugural sprite!

I know it's not good but someone can fix it, I made changes to the back sprite to be more accurate:

Front sprite accepted! Back sprite needs some improvements...

We'll use the following:

Both front and back sprites: Rowlet, Dartrix, Litten, Incineroar, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Grubbin, Vikavolt, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio (All 4 Forms), Cutiefly, Ribombee, Rockruff, Wishiwashi (Swarm Form), Mareanie, Toxapex, Mudbray, Mudsdale, Dewpider, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull, Shiinotic, Salandit, Stufful, Bewear, Bounsweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Comfey, Oranguru, Passimian, Wimpod, Golisopod, Sandygast, Palossand, Type: Null, Silvally (Normal Form), Minior (Normal Form), Komala, Togedemaru, Bruxish, Drampa, Dhelmise, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Solgaleo (Normal Phase), Lunala (Normal Phase), Nihilego, Pheromosa, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna (Normal Forme), Marshadow (Normal Phase), Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Diglett, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, Alolan Geodude, Alolan Graveler, Alolan Grimer, Alolan Muk, Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Marowak

Front sprite only: Charjabug, Cosmoem, Buzzwole, Alolan Sandslash

Back sprite only: Torracat, Pyukumuku

We'll also use Ash-Greninja...

Back by Layell resized and edited by me hope its good enough.

This will be the inaugural sprite! But I think some parts of the outlines need some QC...

Thank you very much for your way!

Anyway,Im trying to make Tapu-lele even better+now she has shiny!:

This will be the inaugural sprite!

Aloan Raichu by Z-nogyroP sugimori palette+shiny by me:

This will replace the current version...

Cosmoem's Backsprite
    (Credits to HeXeR for Mading it).

This will be the inaugural back sprite!

Misc. Sprites(hakamo-o's teeth are fixed now)(credits:MilanesaCosmica for zygarde and fishbowlsoul90 for ash greninja and turtonator)

Ash Pikachu(credits:The Cynical Poet)

I apologize for wrong crediting :'(

We'll use the Complete Zygarde and Ash Hat Pikachu sprites!

Here are other sprites that we will be using, feel free to QC them but please don't resize or make their palette exceed 15+1 colors:
    (JaegerLucciano23)

Aside from those, we'll also still be using the following sprites from the OP, again feel free to QC them but please don't resize or make their palette exceed 15+1 colors:
    (back sprite only)
    (back sprite only)
    (both front and back)
    (front sprite only)
    (both front and back)
    (both front and back)
    (both front and back)
    (both front and back, that's a phase)
    (both front and back, that's a phase)
    (back sprite only)
    (both front and back)
    (both front and back)
    (back sprite only)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    With respect, I think some in the "we'll use them, but they still need QC" are questionable choices. In fact, Haimon has already reposted better versions of almost all of them (although maybe they exceed the pallet limit or have unknown origins?).

Can you explain your rationale there?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    With respect, I think some in the "we'll use them, but they still need QC" are questionable choices. In fact, Haimon has already reposted better versions of almost all of them (although maybe they exceed the pallet limit or have unknown origins?).

seconding this. call me biased, but in the case of both the wishiwashi and the pyukumuku sprite, i believe my sheets should have been accepted, as in both cases they are superior.

compare and contrast:

the wishiwashi in the OP is flat, looks squashed, isn't really in the DS style, and is overall poorly done. the backsprite is debatable, but that front sprite is entirely mediocre and should be replaced.

the same applies with pyukumuku:

this is less of an issue, but the OP's pyukumuku sprite has poorly-done spines, its eye looks weird, and the backsprite of the second one (which has been accepted) doesn't really fit with it. It is also, again, not in the DS style.

i'll also argue in favour of fisbowlsoul90 and otakun's turtonator front sprite (i don't really care about the back):

the front sprite, while not bad necessarily, obscures turtonator's eyes and crams it into the frame- it's too large, and the pose is a bit awkward as well. the back is decent (although the way the middle spikes go flat is a bit jarring), but the front is much better. these three sprites, in my opinion, ought to be replaced.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years

Thanks for addressing that! May I know which sprites are those? By the way, one of the reasons why some front sprites there aren't accepted is that some are not in proper size with respect to their actual size/height and/or GBA sprite sizing... About the back sprites, some are really small, so small that they almost look like trimmed Gen. 5-style back sprites...

About the pallet limit, for that list of accepted sprites, I disregard that criterion in the meantime because if I do include that, only a few sprites will be accepted... Most of the sprites exceeded 15+1 colors (some has 18, 20 and even 23 per separate normal or shiny frames) and they're difficult to adjust that's why it's taking so long for me to post updates with the sprites...

seconding this. call me biased, but in the case of both the wishiwashi and the pyukumuku sprite, i believe my sheets should have been accepted, as in both cases they are superior.

compare and contrast:

the wishiwashi in the OP is flat, looks squashed, isn't really in the DS style, and is overall poorly done. the backsprite is debatable, but that front sprite is entirely mediocre and should be replaced.

this is less of an issue, but the OP's pyukumuku sprite has poorly-done spines, its eye looks weird, and the backsprite of the second one (which has been accepted) doesn't really fit with it. It is also, again, not in the DS style.

i'll also argue in favour of fisbowlsoul90 and otakun's turtonator front sprite (i don't really care about the back):

the front sprite, while not bad necessarily, obscures turtonator's eyes and crams it into the frame- it's too large, and the pose is a bit awkward as well. the back is decent (although the way the middle spikes go flat is a bit jarring), but the front is much better. these three sprites, in my opinion, ought to be replaced.

I know about that, problem is with their size... If Wishiwashi and Pyukumuku sprites are resized the same with the "lesser" sprites then they'll probably replace the current ones... For Turtonator, I'm not really a fan of the pose since the tail consumes so many spaces which made the front sprite small...

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Thanks for addressing that! May I know which sprites are those? By the way, one of the reasons why some front sprites there aren't accepted is that some are not in proper size with respect to their actual size/height and/or GBA sprite sizing... About the back sprites, some are really small, so small that they almost look like trimmed Gen. 5-style back sprites...

compare and contrast:

All of these ones were the sprites to which I was referring. The case of Turtonator especially, although I think a combination of the old backsprite and new frontsprite would be ideal. Furthermore, that midday form Lycanroc is still not inkeeping with the DS style of the rest of the sprites, so it needs far more than a minor touchup to reach the same standard imo.

I'm also a little concerned about Salazzle's front sprite as it currently stands, as I believe it's in some dire need of further QC work before it gets officially accepted. In particular, its arms are in kind of awkward places for the pose, and its left leg (especially the foot) just doesn't look right at all.

Basically, don't be afraid to reject sprites for the time being so that we can get the best possible sprites for the collection. As soon as you slap a "COMPLETED" stamp on this, they'll be the sprites used in every hack going forwards. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we want them to be the best they can be.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    All of these ones were the sprites to which I was referring. The case of Turtonator especially, although I think a combination of the old backsprite and new frontsprite would be ideal. Furthermore, that midday form Lycanroc is still not inkeeping with the DS style of the rest of the sprites, so it needs far more than a minor touchup to reach the same standard imo.

I'm also a little concerned about Salazzle's front sprite as it currently stands, as I believe it's in some dire need of further QC work before it gets officially accepted. In particular, its arms are in kind of awkward places for the pose, and its left leg (especially the foot) just doesn't look right at all.

Basically, don't be afraid to reject sprites for the time being so that we can get the best possible sprites for the collection. As soon as you slap a "COMPLETED" stamp on this, they'll be the sprites used in every hack going forwards. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we want them to be the best they can be.

About Turtonator, it can actually be used if the tail will be reposed and make the sprite larger... All sprites are subject for improvement (QCs, etc.) by the way... But for Lycanroc and Salazzle, they can be used as a base to improve, actually I found more sprites that, I think, can be improved by the best QCs out there...

And don't worry, this repository will NEVER be marked as "COMPLETED" because anyone can submit "better" sprites even if all species and form/es will be filled... That is one of the difference between this repository and the resource threads... As I mentioned above, all sprites here are still subject for improvement even if they're on the featured list...

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021

For me, there's still a problem with the backsprite in the accepted sprite -- imo that hole is not the right shape. I can, if need be, go grab my phone and take a picture of Turtonator's chest-hole.

Though I could see the agreement that the tail takes up a bit too much space.

haimon_99

SupaHabil
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    Both front and back sprites: Rowlet, Dartrix, Litten, Incineroar, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Grubbin, Vikavolt, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio (All 4 Forms), Cutiefly, Ribombee, Rockruff, Wishiwashi (Swarm Form), Mareanie, Toxapex, Mudbray, Mudsdale, Dewpider, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull, Shiinotic, Salandit, Stufful, Bewear, Bounsweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Comfey, Oranguru, Passimian, Wimpod, Golisopod, Sandygast, Palossand, Type: Null, Silvally (Normal Form), Minior (Normal Form), Komala, Togedemaru, Bruxish, Drampa, Dhelmise, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Solgaleo (Normal Phase), Lunala (Normal Phase), Nihilego, Pheromosa, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna (Normal Forme), Marshadow (Normal Phase), Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Diglett, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, Alolan Geodude, Alolan Graveler, Alolan Grimer, Alolan Muk, Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Marowak

Here are other sprites that we will be using, feel free to QC them but please don't resize or make their palette exceed 15+1 colors:

Aside from those, we'll also still be using the following sprites from the OP, again feel free to QC them but please don't resize or make their palette exceed 15+1 colors:

I took everything that you and Z-nogyrop said,and I made a album with all the sprites and I did add shinies for pokemons like celesteela:
    https://imgur.com
    Added Passimian new shiny by mbcn

Last edited:

Dartrix

Marcos_SGG
    Years
    How i Insert The Sprites (Im new in Hack-Rom Programing), like these Sprites Below:
    No..Im Not Talking About the 64x64 Guys...Im Talking about how i Insert some Sprites of This List like Decidueye, not the full image just one Sprite
    (I USE GEN.III SUITE)
    -snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    How i Insert The Sprites (Im new in Hack-Rom Programing), like these Sprites Below:
    No..Im Not Talking About the 64x64 Guys...Im Talking about how i Insert some Sprites of This List like Decidueye, not the full image just one Sprite
    (I USE GEN.III SUITE)

For the 64x64 you can use NSE, find some free space and add it, then take the offsets of the sprite/palette and place in G3HS. For the entire 256x64 sprite sheet just use G3HS.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    As far as I'm aware (though it would take much searching but I've been following this thread since day one as its my main source for my gen II devamps) none of Atecain's sprites or QC's of his sprites have been accepted.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Sorry if it's taking too long... I'm having problems with the colors of some sprites because some exceeds 16 colors...

Passimian's Shiny Sprite Recolored by me (be free to fix it):

Cosmoem's Shiny Back Sprite by me (be free to fix it):

Check! Will be included in the accepted sprites...

hey, i edited the turtonator sprite and reduced the size of the tail
    old:

new:

(credits: fishbowlsoul90)

That's better! But I think the tail should be reposed upwards and make the sprite larger... The bottom-most part should be in line with the tip of the feet...

Still no credits for m works here.... I fell very bad with it...

The OP isn't updated yet... But I believe you did QC for the accepted Tapu Bulu front sprite (correct me guys if I'm wrong)? If yes then expect your name to appear once the sprite is posted in the OP! :)

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
    The OP isn't updated yet... But I believe you did QC for the accepted Tapu Bulu front sprite (correct me guys if I'm wrong)? If yes then expect your name to appear once the sprite is posted in the OP! :)

No he didn't. His Tapu Bulu sprite was not accepted, in fact, it wasn't even clear. It was pixelated and it had gray outlines. The Tapu Bulu I submitted was better, it was made by Leparagon but I resized it and QCed it. Dunno if it was accepted, but the one I submitted was by far better than his. Nobody even used his as a base, correct me if I'm wrong, because the Tapu Bulu front sprite was by Leparagon resized by me, and the backsprite was made by someone else.

Sorry for this, but he has got to stop his crave for credits, its too much now. I wasn't credited for Tapu Bulu and Toucannon or Trumbeak, but you don't see me complaining, though it hurts. We are here to serve, not to see how many sprites your name represents. Its absurd. Sorry again.

PS: How are the sprites I submitted? The one with Trumbeak and Toucannon?

haimon_99

SupaHabil
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    First,I wanna say sorry for Dartrix.I was too angry and im sorry if you took it hard.

@thedarkdragon-I saw your post and I pretty sure that Toucannon is one of them so I took the Toucannon sprite that made by princessofmusic (credit to her) and I resized the back and recolored the front and the back to match the sugimori art:

Back