• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi Discussion Thread

Are you going to buy the DSi?

• Definitely, I love it!

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • What a ripoff. NO

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Whats a DSi?

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I hope!

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • maybe.

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters

Pokeman09

Lugia is very awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    Posting from DSi

I just posted to ask,is what I'm doing right now practical? "Doing what?" you ask. Posting from my DSi,of course. I mean the browser is reeaally slow. Practical or not?

Sith Lord

Heracross Rules
    Years
    DSi

yes the DSi i wanth one bot have no $$$$ having said that i do think that its pretty much a dobble screen PSP with a camara and not a phone ... bot he only console i have not buy its the game cube so beeing a nintendo fan boy may have somting to do with it jajaja

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I heard that you can use Wiipoints to download GBA games onto the DSi, thereby removing the need for the GBA slot.

I heard that either you're trolling or whoever told you that is bullcrapping you.

And yeah, I bought one.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I love it, just bought it a few days ago. The Internet Browser is a lot faster than the PSP's. =D I really don't play GBA games anymore, plus it is time to move on with better games instead of holding onto the older games, then we would never have any new features since keeping all the cartridges would make it bulky and big. Anyways, that is my opinion. >.>

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Probably not. I already have a DS, which I rarely use nowadays, and I'm saving money for other stuff.
    I'm pretty sure I won't get it for the next few months with that in mind.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I post from my PSP (which is deathly slow) and PS3 (not so bad) all the time on PokeCommunity.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    Woot! Everyone thinks its bad. :3
    So do I!
    It is a rip-off-- with what?-- Just pictures and NO Gba slot? (This includes no Pokemon Pal Park, FF A2 Libra ability and more!)
    erm... no...

pictures are only one of the things. think of it as a portable wii that has lots more features. such as an mp3 player, bigger screens for better playing. not only that, but you could just use your old ds for that gba stuff. hey, it even has INTERNET ACCESS for internet browsing and it's FREE!

does a regular ds have that? nope.

it's time to move on from gba games. honestly, this is the future. get used to it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I love it, just bought it a few days ago. The Internet Browser is a lot faster than the PSP's. =D I really don't play GBA games anymore, plus it is time to move on with better games instead of holding onto the older games, then we would never have any new features since keeping all the cartridges would make it bulky and big. Anyways, that is my opinion. >.>

I agree. I don't play GBA games anymore. As a result, I don't see a need for a GBA slot for me. For other people though, if GBA games are still in your playing time, there's the DS.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I'm definitely not getting one at least not till the price is reduced you can pretty much do anything that you can on the dsi on a psp which i have one and i have a dsl so yea pretty much not right now and the dsiware games don't really look to worth it at the moment either in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    erm... no...

pictures are only one of the things. think of it as a portable wii that has lots more features. such as an mp3 player, bigger screens for better playing. not only that, but you could just use your old ds for that gba stuff. hey, it even has INTERNET ACCESS for internet browsing and it's FREE!

does a regular ds have that? nope.

it's time to move on from gba games. honestly, this is the future. get used to it.

The DSi is not an MP3 player.

@Gymnotide: I'll think about it when it's not a rumor. :[

Back