• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS's latest art YAY~ ^_^;

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Hi everyone!! *Waves*
    I guess I'll show you my latest art =3 I don't draw much on paper, because then i don't have all the tools a virtual canvas has..-- UNDO~ REDO! Watercolor tool, besier line and all that =3
    Anyway, this first one got an Archive on the oekaki =D(It's also in my sig XD)
    Lugia under the mysterious sea (Crummy name, i know ><)
    Umm... another one... let me see...
    I don't really like the anotomy on this one, but i like the pose and Lineart ^____^;
    Vaporeon
    And, once i find more I'll edit this =3
    --Doodles--
    With this Eevee, i was trying out a different way of using Halftones... didn't rearlly work out ><' this one was a fairly quick doodle =D
    I drew this Mew blue because pink is so boring... XD; anyway, I don't like the background or rainbow on this, but i like how i tapered the lines ^-^ done quickly because i had to go to school XD;

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hey there DS! ^^ Nice art you have here! :D The Lugia is really beautiful, and I love the use of the water relfection on its wing, as well as the glowing eyes that make it look really mysterious! Did you get inspiration from the Lugia pic that was drawn at the Pok?Masters Oekaki once? ^^ That was an awesome pic!

I also love the Vaporeon, it's so adorable!! You do very good oekakis - keep on drawing! And I'm sure that you will get into the intermediate S-R Oekaki! ;) I've seen some of the stuff there and I definitely think you're capable!

--FG :)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    That stuff really looks awesome! ^_^ I have no talent on oekakis whatsoever, but you have really good effects, like the Lugia being "frosted" through water.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Forest Grovyle said:
    Hey there DS! ^^ Nice art you have here! :D The Lugia is really beautiful, and I love the use of the water relfection on its wing, as well as the glowing eyes that make it look really mysterious! Did you get inspiration from the Lugia pic that was drawn at the Pok�Masters Oekaki once? ^^ That was an awesome pic!

I also love the Vaporeon, it's so adorable!! You do very good oekakis - keep on drawing! And I'm sure that you will get into the intermediate S-R Oekaki! ;) I've seen some of the stuff there and I definitely think you're capable!

--FG :)
    Thanks ForestGrovyle! =D I didn't think I could get a comment from you that GOOD XD;

Jedi Amara: I've been practicing for about six months =3 at first i was HORRIBLE ><' Now I'm okay =D I keep telling my pair to draw, that's the only way he can get better, but he never listens to me XD;
    Mewtwoa_150: thanks! =3 I like that one, too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Thats lugia? pretty good. Dun mean to be rude but i cant really tell its wings and body apart.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Overlord IX said:
    Thats lugia? pretty good. Dun mean to be rude but i cant really tell its wings and body apart.
    XD I get what you mean, the body makes thw wings looks like it's part of the body XD *Confuses everyone* XD Thanks, i didn't think they would get this much comments o_O;

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Oooo those are very pretty. I adore the lugia. No wonder you've used it everywhere. I love the way you use the light as definition on one side and darkness on the other. I adore the way you've made the highlights give the underwater effect. that's so very clever. You've picked up on the definition that the more concentrated water in ripples and the fact that this means they create more concentrated light...it's just so pretty.

Oo you've caught my love of eevee and it's evolutions. The vaporeon is so sweet. I love how you've done the ridge on its back. The colours are so nice and bold with a subtle merge. Same with the cute eevee. I like it's expression. Fab art, cant wait to see more.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Ooh, I think I found the Lugia pic you used as reference. ^_^ I like yours a lot, though. XD And the Vaporeon reminds me a bit of the ones you get on those graphics sites.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    I've seen that lugia picture somewhere before, and I think FG has too... and that version I saw was definetly drawn by someone else. The whole composition and colouring is pretty similar.
    I don't mean to be offensive, but you really shouldn't use other people's art as a reference - at least, not without giving them some credit.

However, I ADORE the vaporeon. Especially the lineart and the cheeky expression. I like it much more than the lugia picture.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Thanks ^-^
    =D
    Igtica: Thanks! XD; yesh, i love that Lugia =3
    Jeti Amara: Yeah, the one i used was a wittle bit greener like,and the regular 300x300 pix. ^-^ Thanks for commenting guys!

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    If someone comments me on it i would tell them that i used another pic as a reference ^-^ actually, i noticed that on Community doodle, Orion's trainer card's background is the same as the reference ^-^

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Charon-chan said:
    I've seen that lugia picture somewhere before, and I think FG has too... and that version I saw was definetly drawn by someone else. The whole composition and colouring is pretty similar.
    I don't mean to be offensive, but you really shouldn't use other people's art as a reference - at least, not without giving them some credit.

That's fair, but I recognise the pic from pokemon itself. It's not like you can ask them if you can draw it (unless your a mulitnational company :p). Besides there are very few artists that draw pokemon in their own stance let alone composition (i try very hard to draw my pics from scratch using only features as a reference). Yet this is very hard to do. I agree if a pic is very similar and you can ask the artist, you should do out of respect (but this does happen very little). But if you know they are using an exsisting well-known reference (like the Lugia) is their any point? Besides if there was any problem with this I'm sure FG would have mentioned it in her post, but she seems happy to enjoy DS' work.

Anyways back to the subject...any more oekaki's your hiding from us DS? I'd love to see more eevee evolutions *coughespeon* ^-^

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    https://www.pokemasters.net/oekaki/pictures/125.png
    This is a link to the picture I mean. Drawn on PMO about... two, three years ago? I remember when Renatwo drew this... She was quite proud of it.
    I used to be a good friend of Rena's (we haven't spoken for years, though) so I guess I'm naturally defensive of her wonderfull art ^^;

I don't mean to be offensive, DS - I mean, you're a great artist, your other pictures prove that!

Last edited:

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    The lugia is really cool but it looks like this pic:

DS's latest art YAY~ ^_^;

EDIT: Never mind, someone already posted the link! ^^;;

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Almost dead, but not quite =D

igtica: I can do that, I'll draw it just for you!!
    I'm back with some new art!

Shiny umbreon: Really proud of this =3 Time: 296 minutes exactly ;) And the reference pic... *Goes to find* https://pokeden.com/pwo/advanced/pictures/112.png I wub that picture! I hope some day I can draw like that ^^
    Second archive- Fursona:I was so happy when I saw the word (Archived) Under this! ^^ I am SERIOUSLY proud of this one. Time:254 minutes :3
    Art trade: Heheh, took meh 147 minutes ^^ the tail has been mirrorified =O
    --Random doodles--
    These pictures won't be as good as those two ^^
    Another shiny umbreon:Heheh, done in 80 minutes ^^ No comment.
    Oddish: I was seeing if I could get Suta-Raito's and NV's style down =D Not best quality, though =/ I'm not that fond of it, either, I just like the shading, that's what I was working on, anyways =D
    Okies, that's all for now!
    =D

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Yay! ^^ More art from you!
    I really like the second one! :) I can see why it got archived - the pose is very nice, and the background is a cool idea! I think the back looks a bit flat, and the back legs might be a bit too bent forward, if that makes sense - but anatomy is one of the hardest things to get right, so I know that it'll only get better!

I also love the pose of the first shiny Umbreon! The way it's sitting on its haunches looks great! ^^ Nice use of tones, too! The shading looks a little confused - I don't think there would be any light falling between the legs, for example - but I really love your pictures, DS! *hugs!*

Keep up the good work - you're awesome! ;)

--FG

Back