• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dual-Type Attacks???

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    does anyone else think we should get dual-type attacks

we have dual-type pokemon

bulbasaur, palkia, blaziken, exc.

how about an attack thats both fire&dragon types?
    or a grass attack with water type properties?
    or a rock&ground attack for pokemon like golem ^_^

i think its a good idea, how about you guys? imagine all the combos, and possibilities for new attacks XD
    we could see a ghost/fire attack lol

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    it'll be way to hard to get a decent super effective attack. plus i don't feel like my level 100 charizard being destroyed be a level 20 walmer with a super destructive x8 effectiveness water/rock attack.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    it'll be way to hard to get a decent super effective attack. plus i don't feel like my level 100 charizard being destroyed be a level 20 walmer with a super destructive x8 effectiveness water/rock attack.

i doubt walmer would learn that :P

plus they could be tutored only to pokemon with the duo-type mentioned ;)

i dunno, but i think it would really make the games more diverse than others ^_^

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i get what your saying. but x8 damage is just a little to much for me.

i know, 8x would be torture
    but still a dragon/electric attack would be badass XD

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • It's a bit of a shaky idea. It's not so bad...but what you need is to expand upon it.
    In order to stop over-powering:

- Can only be taught to Pokemon who share this dual-typing
    - Has a base power of 20 or less...because honestly it could get HUGELY overpowered with 16x or 2.5x

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It's a bit of a shaky idea. It's not so bad...but what you need is to expand upon it.
    In order to stop over-powering:

- Can only be taught to Pokemon who share this dual-typing
    - Has a base power of 20 or less...because honestly it could get HUGELY overpowered with 16x or 2.5x

if i did all the work where would be the fun for you guys?

i left it purposefully open for everyone to chip in ideas ^_^

id say base power of 40-50 at the most, that way its not useless against pokemon who are neutral to it

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    All I got to say is that Duel type attacks would greatly confuse me. xD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    How would it work though? If a dark/electric type uses thunderbolt is my pokemon gonna get scared to death while being shocked by over 1,000 volts of electricity? :D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    That's a really interesting idea. I've always thought about this.

Swampert's muddy water attack is a good one. Solarbeam could be Fire/grass. I don't see it happening but it's all good.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I actually think that it would make the game much more challenging and interesting if there were dual-type attacks....however, it's not something that I would support. It's just....confusing. And wouldn't that make it possible for pokemon at level 10 to completely DESTROY a pokemon at level 100, technically? I mean, if the level 10 could score a double-double damage multiplier?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Nevermind :O

I think this wouldnt work, 'cause what about taking a 6xx on one hit? (justkiding).

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    One way I could see this working is having a multiple-hit attack with a different type for each hit... so you would have an attack that hits for 40-power grass damage, then 40-power electric damage, for example (the order would probably have to be random, though).

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • It'll be too risky! Especially a lot of moves there is, That means they have to add another type to the previous gen moves and sure! Its confusing too! Type resistance and weakness will change too depends on what the move type attack the Pokemon with two types! For example Empoleon has a move...Lets see, Hydro Pump with Ice type in it and attacking Dialga! What's it gonna be? Of course, Dialga will have 2x weakness to that Attack! Trust me it won't happen.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I actually think that it would make the game much more challenging and interesting if there were dual-type attacks....however, it's not something that I would support. It's just....confusing. And wouldn't that make it possible for pokemon at level 10 to completely DESTROY a pokemon at level 100, technically? I mean, if the level 10 could score a double-double damage multiplier?

...with a quick check on the damage calculator over at Smogon, a level 10 Mamoswine using an 8x effective move on a Level 100 Altaria OHKOs. D:

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • hmm i had always thought bout dual type attacks but i have never thought bout the effectiveness, getting dual attacks would be cool but it wont be cool when it does 16x damage to my pokemon lol so in my opinion NO!!!

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    well theres bound to be attacks that could do that x8 damage (theres no way to get to x16 silly :P)

b ut i doubt theyd make many moves like that, & the combos that did would only work on pokemon with no weaknesses

arent you fed up with those ghost/darks :P

i know i am :P this would even out alot of the un-evened things, without adding new types

such as steels overly resistance to everythin, dark/ghost types bein invulnerable, dragons uber-ness, exc.

Back