• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dual-Type Attacks???

infernape85

I ARE AWESOME
Years
  • Hhhmmm maybe...

Yeah, but it might be a bit confusing... I played pokemon red as a kid and when gold came out and magnemite was canged to elec steel... it was confusing... so dual type moves would be even more confusing...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    He does gotta point
    and it sure would be awesome if there were dual-type moves!!

thank you mate ^_^

and for you whos freakin out

WATCH POKESUNDAY!

they stated:
    new adventure
    massive changes in game play
    and things will be far different from previous generations

which makes this HIGHLY possible, especially if it the ying-yang theory everyone thinks it is
    take the time to look at the ying-yang
    theres a lil of the opposite in both.
    if that doesnt scream dualoty then i dont think anythin would.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • That would mean EPIC OWNAGE OVER GEODUDE! Let's see, a Water/Grass typ move would be 4x 4x effective, so 16x effective, STAB for both types would add up to 36x effectiveness. Then add a critical hit and WITHOUT ANY STAT BOOSTS, you get 72x effectiveness. That's gotta hurt.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    That would mean EPIC OWNAGE OVER GEODUDE! Let's see, a Water/Grass typ move would be 4x 4x effective, so 16x effective, STAB for both types would add up to 36x effectiveness. Then add a critical hit and WITHOUT ANY STAT BOOSTS, you get 72x effectiveness. That's gotta hurt.

lmao XD mate you way over think that lol, but that would own geodude, even more so if its a special attack,since geodudes special defenses make even a x.25 attack like flamethrower own it lol

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • x8? That's... rare. It's hard enough to find an x4. x16? Is that even possible? I don't think so...

It could be an interesting touch, though the moves would probably be better with weak power (60 max).

For crying out loud, it's not gonna happen people. I know the website says "a whole new adventure" but there are not gonna be massive gameplay changes like this!

Where's the precedent for that? There will, with little doubt, be gameplay changes; especially in how battles work. Sure, probably not this, but it doesn't mean there won't be one.

Edit: Oh, Grass/Water against Ground/Rock is x16; oh, well, they could just avoid Grass/Water.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • such as steels overly resistance to everythin, dark/ghost types bein invulnerable

Uh, what. Steel types still resist as much as they did (dual moves aren't going to be THAT effective) and Dark-ghost types being invulnerable...they still will be. Care to enlighten us as to a dual-type of move that'll be super effective? Considering each type is only 1x effective, putting two together...still only gets 1x.

Slubicku

SUPER SENTRET IN ACTION XD
    Years
  • Maybe they just say that x16 is max
    then u can't go higher

still: those dual-type moves would be really awesome

infernape85

I ARE AWESOME
    Years
  • 6 gen legendaries

ok... we've done light and dark, god, space and time, emotions, all the natrual elements, different dimensions, nightmares, and the moon. any ideas for the next gen?

1 hour later...

...SHHHHIT.........

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Uh, what. Steel types still resist as much as they did (dual moves aren't going to be THAT effective) and Dark-ghost types being invulnerable...they still will be. Care to enlighten us as to a dual-type of move that'll be super effective? Considering each type is only 1x effective, putting two together...still only gets 1x.

fire/ground attack = steel ownage

theres i think 3 fire/ground types, and 1fire/rock
    which would fit the combo perfectly ^_^

not to mention dual type pokemon could get stab from a dual type moves on both types, givin you room for a 4th alternate type move, so your pokemon is even more diverse XD

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
  • Cool! lol

that would be a nice idea but it would not be fair
    e.g venusaur learns a grass and water move with high attack rate it can easily faint charizard or get the hp to red.....

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Cool! lol

e.g venusaur learns a grass and water move with high attack rate it can easily faint charizard or get the hp to red.....

venasaur can only learn it by tutor :P
    problem solved lol

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Cool! lol

Wouldn't that be not very effective?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've always thought about dual type attacks but to be honest they would be way to powerful... take gyarados, it takes x4 off a electric attack so think of what it would be like for an ice/electric move.. like Aurora Beam or somthing..

SmashBro

Asian KungFu Generation Rocks!
    Years
  • Interesting concept, but do we really need another change the pokemon metagame? But then again it would cool

Back