• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Duke Nukem Forever : The Weirdest Viedogame Ever !

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • Duke Nukem Forever. In 1997, 3D Realms announced the game. I wasn't even born at that time.
    Well, the game hasn't been out until today. Mostly because it got changed between 3 different engines, several companies and many consoles. GameFAQs even has a section for a GC version of Duke Nukem.

So, I've made up a list of what happened since '97 in our world. Oki ? AMAZE' :

-GTA was launched. (from I to IV)
    -The whole Sims series was launched.
    -The best processor back then was of ... 273 kHz, I suppose.
    -A ton of consoles were launched, and most of them are now dead.
    -Google and eBay didn't exist back then.
    -Stephen King wrote 15 books.
    -Harry Potter games, books and games (except for 7) were all launched.
    -World of Warcraft didn't exist in '97.
    -The Internet was hardly found in most countries.
    -Hundreds of other stuff I can't think of.

So, are you all looking forward to this game ? Do you think Gearbox will do something good with this infamous title ?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Uhhhh, what?

Duke Nukem Forever is being released in 2011.

And don't diss the best game in the world. It will be amazing.

I hope for the same, but I'm also worried at the same time due to its development hinderance for all these years.

Can a game announced all the way back in the Playstation, Saturn and N64 era be developed and polished up enough graphically, sound and gameplay wise for it to stand out in a console generation overloaded with shooters (If that makes any sense)?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Duke Nukem looks okay I guess. His attitude makes him look like a prick and I like when my characters actually have some dimension and don't just chew bubble gum and kick ass for the hell of it.

I want to get it to see what took 13 years, but from what I see it's an average brown FPS that's only popular because a now irrelevant character is in it.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I'm aware it will have a 2011 release. I mean it hasn't been released until today.

@ Luck : Yeah, I'm suspecting something along those lines. I don't play many shooters either, but I was browsing through GameFAQs and came across this.

Also, it seems like the developers wanted to make it the best game ever, and maybe this is why it took so long. When a game got a real badass engine, Duke Nukem Forever needed that too. Repetitve changes of engines caused this time to develop it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm aware it will have a 2011 release. I mean it hasn't been released until today.

@ Luck : Yeah, I'm suspecting something along those lines. I don't play many shooters either, but I was browsing through GameFAQs and came across this.

Also, it seems like the developers wanted to make it the best game ever, and maybe this is why it took so long. When a game got a real badass engine, Duke Nukem Forever needed that too. Repetitve changes of engines caused this time to develop it.

Actually, I think the game was officially announced in early September with an expected 2011 release.
    See?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Duke Nukem looks okay I guess. His attitude makes him look like a prick and I like when my characters actually have some dimension and don't just chew bubble gum and kick ass for the hell of it.

I want to get it to see what took 13 years, but from what I see it's an average brown FPS that's only popular because a now irrelevant character is in it.

I'm aware it will have a 2011 release. I mean it hasn't been released until today.

Of course Duke lacks character depth, he's a parody of the typical badass superhero. The game's supposed to be funny, not serious.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Because the game is taking so long, it has obtained many nicknames such as:
    • Duke Nukem Never
    • Duke Nukem ForNever
    • Duke Nukem Taking Forever
    • Duke Nukem Neverever
    • Duke Nukem Whenever
    • Duke Nukem If Ever
    Yeah, we've been waiting THAT long.....

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Of course Duke lacks character depth, he's a parody of the typical badass superhero. The game's supposed to be funny, not serious.

I know that, but that's part of the reason I don't like him. I can understand why someone would like him, but his sort of comedy just isn't my idea of funny.

Years
  • Because the game is taking so long, it has obtained many nicknames such as:
    • Duke Nukem Never
    • Duke Nukem ForNever
    • Duke Nukem Taking Forever
    • Duke Nukem Neverever
    • Duke Nukem Whenever
    • Duke Nukem If Ever
    Yeah, we've been waiting THAT long.....

Pretty sure I saw that posted on a different website

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • So, are you all looking forward to this game ? Do you think Take-Two will do something good with this infamous title ?
    Take2 isn't developing it, Gearbox(the devs behind Borderlands)are.

I hope for the same, but I'm also worried at the same time due to its development hinderance for all these years.

Can a game announced all the way back in the Playstation, Saturn and N64 era be developed and polished up enough graphically, sound and gameplay wise for it to stand out in a console generation overloaded with shooters (If that makes any sense)?
    The development on the current version didn't start until about a year ago, so why wouldn't it be level with other games of this era.

Exactly, that's why I love him.

I already have it pre-ordered. Yeah, you could say I'm a bit excited.

Years
  • I have super high hopes for this game. Duke Nukem 3d was one of my favorites, but it looks like DNF is starting to become a joke...which is a little unfortunate. I still can't believe it's taken this long for this game to make it to the shelves. I still won't believe it till I sitting on my couch playing it for the first time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Duke Nukem Forever. In 1997, 3D Realms announced the game. I wasn't even born at that time.
    Well, the game hasn't been out until today. Mostly because it got changed between 3 different engines, several companies and many consoles. GameFAQs even has a section for a GC version of Duke Nukem.

So, I've made up a list of what happened since '97 in our world. Oki ? AMAZE' :

So, are you all looking forward to this game ? Do you think Gearbox will do something good with this infamous title ?

HA!

That's the weirdest?

Have you ever played Katamari Damacy?

That knocks this out of the water, the water of weird games.

It's a beached whale on the coast of pretty ordinary.

And it's fat.

Back